Melbourne Football

Song/Chant - We are Melburnians...

mitchellmcleod

He was up from 2-4am creating the lyrics to this. Show some respect.

I really should of copyrighted this saying to me and alone lol hahahaha!

Anyways what ever happened to this being our actual club song??

this song was so fucking good! really wish we sung this before games instead of 'So happy together'

Edited by mitchellmcleod
  • Like 2

this song was so fucking good! really wish we sung this before games instead of 'So happy together'

Agreed mate, I reckon we start a petition to get this song back.

Yeah this was great but no where near as spine tingeling as ''we are melburnians"

Yeah this was great but no where near as spine tingeling as ''we are melburnians" you taking the piss? hahaha

I get what we are going for and it's probably worth a shot, but I don't think its going to be our YNWA type song. YNWA is a slow build to a big finish, whereas " We are Australian/Melburnians" doesn't seem to have the same build up to a big finish. Also, the reason YNWA works so well is because it represents what the club is about without being changed. When you have to adapt a song to suit your club it comes across as a bit tryhard. I think it's a good chant, but probably not "our" song(but happy to be proved wrong).

this song was so fucking good! really wish we sung this before games instead of 'So happy together' Yeah this was great but no where near as spine tingeling as ''we are melburnians" you taking the piss? hahaha

nah not at all mate i really think this could be our very own YNWA

this song was so fucking good! really wish we sung this before games instead of 'So happy together' Yeah this was great but no where near as spine tingeling as ''we are melburnians" you taking the piss? hahaha

nah not at all mate i really think this could be our very own YNWA hang on... are you talking about the Melbourne Heart Anthem or the "We are Melburnians" song?

nah not at all mate i really think this could be our very own YNWA hang on... are you talking about the Melbourne Heart Anthem or the "We are Melburnians" song?

The We are Melburninans one of corse, it has great potential to become as good if not better then YNWA

• Like 1

Some of the negativity in here is really frustrating - Fair enough if you don't like a chant idea but its not really fair to then label those who are trying to make something special and unique work as trolls.

People need to be inclusive of everybody's ideas kind of like how this chant is for all Melburnians not just some. :)

• Like 3

781.png

I think its great that people are suggesting new chants. Lets not stop people from doing this as then we wont have any new chants. I cant come up with all of them. Not saying we are going to use every chant someone suggests but love seeing all of them

I like what you said there man. Opinions are split 50/50 on this why not just give it one go and then make a final decision...