Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

White shorts and socks would be 'not bad looking'.

Agreed.

The club needs set a tone a with the new Home Kit and should be that Melbourne City always wear mainly White Kits at Home so the club can be the White Team of the A League.

Its not perfect - But its better than being the Sky Blue team of Melbourne in the A League.

COYBW??? Not sure yet.

White shorts and socks would be 'not bad looking'.

Agreed.

The club needs set a tone a with the new Home Kit and should be that Melbourne City always wear mainly White Kits at Home so the club can be the White Team of the A League.

Its not perfect - But its better than being the Sky Blue team of Melbourne in the A League.

I'm interested too in how the Westpac logo will look if it is on either the jersey or the shorts. A nice dash of red...?

Westpac would be pissed that they've relegated to short sponsor. wouldn't be surprised if they try and get out of their sponsorship deal early

It would seem that they've renegotiated... Doubt the club would just move it to the shorts because they felt like it.

Westpac would be pissed that they've relegated to short sponsor. wouldn't be surprised if they try and get out of their sponsorship deal early

It would seem that they've renegotiated... Doubt the club would just move it to the shorts because they felt like it.

The main point at the moment is that at least still on part of the kit. I think they have been great for us thus far. 

I'm thinking it's the opposite to what you guys are speculating. I think the market share of sponsorship for melbourne city has been bought by westpac and thus being on both the shorts and the top. 

My reasoning behind this is the greater emphasis on grass roots and community initiatives. This was a major factor why they renewed with the club this time around. And with the new admin here, westpac would have up'd the ante to outright major sponsor.

Greater exposure etc. etc.

Edited by Deviant

Haven't they been driving all those community based initiatives or at least funded them.

I have no idea

The community football weekends in regional centres are a direct result of the association with Westpac. As I understand it it's a major reason why they support us.

Haven't they been driving all those community based initiatives or at least funded them.

Just found the original source. 17th February 2010.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/melbourne_take_heart_from_westpac_sponsorship/

'Melbourne Heart FC has announced a three-year sponsorship deal with leading Australian financial institution Westpac.

The newly-formed club makes its debut in the upcoming season of the Hyundai A-League, the top tier of Australian professional soccer. Westpac will be their inaugural principal partner. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the deal is worth an annual US$600,000.

As part of the agreement, Heart and Westpac will work together in creating community and coaching programmes around provincial Victoria. Heart will stage three 'Westpac Community Football Festivals' throughout June, encompassing the Geelong and Gippsland regions, with a further venue still to be determined.'

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/ourpartners

Until announced otherwise , i beleive Westpac are still the major sponsor. 

I Have seen HostPlus and Nike been added , but that is it.

All etihad logos have been photo shopped on. Not 1 mention apart from fans assuming . 

The only reason i'd like etihad to be on the top is so that it may give us better prices on flight for the asian champions league.

But in saying that, i hope it's still westpac! Etihad and qantas teamed up and are offering very similar prices/deals for flights. So i'm sure when the team comes, our overlords will help out with deals.