Melbourne Football

What jerseys colours do we favour next season irrespective of the franchise name?

belaguttman

Club colours from next season?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What colours do we want to play in from next season irrespective of the franchise name?

• Red & White - same home jersey and away jersey designs
    • Red & White but new home jersey and away jersey designs
    • change of colours home and away
    • different home colours but red and white away colours
    • Red & White home jersey but different away colours

Home kit should stay the same, away kit is whatever.

If we do start wearing sky blue tho who will actually stop supporting Heart?

For me it's more about fan consultation rather than the actual colour. I actually love the light blue and white, but our club is red and white and that should remain unless the fans choose it. If the fans voted to change to pale blue (which isn't going to happen) I would accept it. If they told us we are now wearing pale blue and just suck it up I would feel my club has been taken away from me and would probably lose a fair bit of interest.

• Like 1

Too many of you guys are prepared to Just bend over and take it from the Rear ... 

All because of Money !!!! and potential o success .

This is still your Club, why some of you would accept Name Change and colour change is beyond Me 

If you just accept changes all round it will be a case of - MHFC 2009 - 2014 - Honours Zero 

and MCFC take over .

Come on guys, it should be - MHFC  2015 Winners 

We have to keep some Identity 

Keep The Heart

I like city to be in. Sounds like a real team instead of just a franchise team. That's why I like Sydney FC and Adelaide Utd. The will always be Heart but I like Melbourne City FC, nickname The Heart. And yes I am glad that we will hopefully get good football and be challenging for the title in the A league and the ACL. Hell we could become part of the gooners for all I care. This is the team I support here in Australia I will still support Spurs in the EPL and went to beat the gooners. I suppose I can distinguish from the two teams. I love Geelong but also like Holden cars I don't stop supporting Geelong because they are with Ford. Until I get told that I have to now become a member of ManC their is no issue for me.

Too many of you guys are prepared to Just bend over and take it from the Rear ... 

This is still your Club, why some of you would accept Name Change and colour change is beyond Me 

If you just accept changes all round it will be a case of - MHFC 2009 - 2014 - Honours Zero 

and MCFC take over .

Keep The Heart

What identity are you talking about?

Being joint record holders of the longest losing streak in Australian footballing history?

Constantly breaking even?

Having an all time winning percentage of 26%?

Not winning an away game out of Melbourne since 2011?

Providing substandard training facilities to players as well as the continue buying of substandard players?

We are at the moment, the worst professional sporting club in Australia and need a major shake up, if that means these new owners see fit to change the name and colors let them do there job.  See Manchester City as an example of how these blokes work. They come in, spend money and create championship clubs.

In a perfect world would we like to keep our colors and the name? Hell yeah i would. But please, lets give these blokes a chance first before we start jumping up and down. 

( BTW i don't think we will lose our colors due to the amount of blue teams in the comp already. Also i don't believe that selling a handful of youth players does not make up for any of the negatives I've published above. I could've gone on and on, with the negatives.

• Like 3

Okay I don't want to sound my own trumpet but I think I have come up with the perfect logo. Based off the Man City logo of the 70's and 80's I have designed the logo in a similar vein, with the city of Melbourne shield in a roundel format. Sky blue circle representing the global community of City clubs we have become welcomed into, with the shield consisting of the red cross signifying the local heart at the centre of this club. It is simple and distinctly Melbourne, but anyone who is even faintly familiar with Manchester City's history will still see the resemblance to the Club that now finances us. I am a buoyed a little by City fans telling us we may keep our identity, but I know compromise is going to happen so I hope this achieve that.

crest-1981.gif

My proposed logo

citydsflgo_zpsc2b6e9e4.png

This is fantastic, email the club!

Okay I don't want to sound my own trumpet but I think I have come up with the perfect logo. Based off the Man City logo of the 70's and 80's I have designed the logo in a similar vein, with the city of Melbourne shield in a roundel format. Sky blue circle representing the global community of City clubs we have become welcomed into, with the shield consisting of the red cross signifying the local heart at the centre of this club. It is simple and distinctly Melbourne, but anyone who is even faintly familiar with Manchester City's history will still see the resemblance to the Club that now finances us. I am a buoyed a little by City fans telling us we may keep our identity, but I know compromise is going to happen so I hope this achieve that.

crest-1981.gif

My proposed logo

citydsflgo_zpsc2b6e9e4.png

This is fantastic, email the club!

Lol.

• Like 2

and MCFC take over .

Keep The Heart

Being joint record holders of the longest losing streak in Australian footballing history?

Providing substandard training facilities to players as well as the continue buying of substandard players?

We are at the moment, the worst professional sporting club in Australia and need a major shake up, if that means these new owners see fit to change the name and colors let them do there job.  See Manchester City as an example of how these blokes work. They come in, spend money and create championship clubs.

In a perfect world would we like to keep our colors and the name? Hell yeah i would. But please, lets give these blokes a chance first before we start jumping up and down. 

( BTW i don't think we will lose our colors due to the amount of blue teams in the comp already. Also i don't believe that selling a handful of youth players does not make up for any of the negatives I've published above. I could've gone on and on, with the negatives.

Do you not feel we have a Unique ID ? 

I certainly do, and its grown 

From the very first day at home to CCM we were losing 1 nil and those of us in aisle 17 were looking around for inspiration and entertainment from the crowd.. it wasn't easy, some went left some stayed in the middle and some went down the other end. The chanting started from the Yarraside and slowly but surely others mixed in. There was a sense of passion and a fondnest for our new club. from there it built and as a club and supporter base we went from strength to strength, away games were awesome for acknowledgement on our Identity as a club, Phoenix / GCUFC / Brisbane all there supporters came up and said "well done for coming, we really like your club compared to the arrogant Victory" - "we like what you stand for, good luck" 

i can mention loads of comments 

Under JVS we occasionally played some good attacking football in season 1 &2 

True the last season and a half under JA has been strides ...... <Backwards 

Which resulted in confusion and questions on what do we stand for where is our identity ?? and such like. 

But we had an Identity 

Everybody has there opinion and maybe yours and others is based on the here and now - which i can understand. 

But for Me, I believe The Club could ressurect its Identity as Melbourne Heart FC with this Fantastic opportunity from our investors 

I just feel we can only do that with the same Name & Same colour Identity. 

Keep The Heart 

and MCFC take over .

Keep The Heart

The affection I feel towards my club has bugger all to do with win loss ratios. It's an emotional thing that, if you're a real fan, stays through the shit times just as much as the good times.

We can have all the money and trophies in the world, but if I can't feel a connection to the club, mainly through the people, the experiences, the memories, and yes even things like colours and name, it means fuck all.

For me it would be very easy to lose the feeling I have built up for the club if new owners came in and overturned its identity, especially if they did it without consultation.

I welcome the new owners and I'm really excited about what this could mean for the club. But it's still OUR club! On issues like club identity, THEY need to listen to US, not the other way around.

By the way, from the things I've read, I'm confident the new owners will listen. So get a backbone and try to stand up for the things that are important to you. If you dont care about the name or colours or anything else, then fine, but don't tell me or other supporters to not care.

• Like 2

As a Man City fan I haven't and won't vote in your poll as that would plainly just be wrong.

Does your wish to stay with red and white go beyond the colour of the shirt?  I like your third kit with the red, white and black.  That combination of colours works for me and can be quite City-like given our famous red and black kit.  Or how about something like the Atletico Madrid strip with red and white top (striped in their case) and blue (but slightly paler blue, not necessarily all the way to sky blue) shorts?

As a Man City fan I haven't and won't vote in your poll as that would plainly just be wrong.

Does your wish to stay with red and white go beyond the colour of the shirt?  I like your third kit with the red, white and black.  That combination of colours works for me and can be quite City-like given our famous red and black kit.  Or how about something like the Atletico Madrid strip with red and white top (striped in their case) and blue (but slightly paler blue, not necessarily all the way to sky blue) shorts?

I think there's a whole range of opinion and it's hard to tell - the more options presented, the more complicated it gets. The other thing is, like with any forum, the number of posters is a fraction of the whole supporter base, so not necessarily representative.

My guess is that most people will want to keep the red and white as our basic colours. But some are open to new designs, or incorporating a third colour to some degree. We've had charcoal as a third colour in our 3rd strips anyway, which I think has looked good.

For me, a red/white striped shirt incorporating a blue collar/trim would probably be ok, but I can only speak for myself.

At the moment, I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves with the colours because we don't yet know what the owners want. IF they want to change the shirt or something, I think they would have to come up with no more than a couple of alternatives and then peferably ask the members to vote to keep the current home strip or adopt a new one.

At the moment, I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves with the colours because we don't yet know what the owners want. IF they want to change the shirt or something, I think they would have to come up with no more than a couple of alternatives and then preferably ask the members to vote to keep the current home strip or adopt a new one.

Precisely. All this is is speculation, and very premature. The new owners have said that we will keep our identity and will not become a "mini Man City."

That's enough for me for the time being. Geez, the deal was only consummated yesterday morning. Worried about our identity? We've just become the biggest club in the country.

This is the biggest story to ever hit Australian domestic football, and all the journos are trying to get in on the act. They'll concoct anything just to get their name in front of the public.

If you read the posts from our new friends from Manchester you'll see how they were wary when they were first bought out. But it all worked out fine. No reason why it should not do so with us.

Relax.

• Like 4

As a City fan since 1968 I remember all the bad times before our new owners came to our rescue.

We were the laughing stock of Manchester, the whipping boys for everyone in every league we played in.

Our history was 100+years and I loved my club more than anything.It was complete and utter devotion to all things City.

The owners did make some changes to the club......

They changed the badge, some fans whinged like fuck!

They got rid of our famous curried pies and gave us French cuisine!

They gave us new players...

They gave us hope!

They gave us respect from some of the other premier clubs.

They gave us the FA cup.

They gave us the League title!

They gave us Aguero,Silva,Toure,Negredo......

They gave us a bright future!

I remember the day it all happened, I remember the chat on our forums.I remember people going on about our 100 year history....

Fuck history, give me any of the above listed and I`d be happy. You should be too.Your history starts here and now!

In four year from now your history will have started this week. Your history will remember the days before and after your new owners came to you. You`ll not bother about the changes they make, regardless of how it may appear now.

Believe me when I say change is good!

Believe me when I say change is for the best!

Believe me when I say change in shirts or name will not change how you feel about your club, not when you`re winning titles, trophies and watching the best players in the league!

• Like 2

2vjtyjs.png

I was looking at some Nike templates and I remembered that City uses this for their third kit. As I said, I want us to keep the red and white stripes, but I am open to a Sky Blue away kit. This is just a quick 2 minute mockup haha but I wanted to combine the blue with red and white.

If we had to change our kit, this is what it should be changed too. Bloody brilliant.

Blue skies ahead for Melbourne Heart in Manchester City-led future

January 25, 2014

Dominic Bossi, Michael Lynch

Melbourne Heart could be set for a complete facelift during the off-season, with Football Federation Australia indicating it would be prepared to discuss a rebranding of the club with its new owner, Manchester City.

Fairfax Media understands that Australia's governing body is open to the possibility of Melbourne Heart changing its colours as well as its logo and name.

After purchasing a controlling 80 per cent stake in Melbourne Heart, Manchester City has already made moves to rename the club ''Melbourne City'', as well as change the club's logo and colours to predominantly sky blue.

There will be no changes to Melbourne Heart's identity for the remainder of the season, but a group called MHFC Holdings Pty Ltd registered a trademark named ''Melbourne City Football Club'' on January 16.

It's also expected that the new owners are hoping to change the Heart's colours to sky blue in accordance with the parent club, Manchester City, as part of its plans to establish franchises across the globe. Manchester City has also founded a team in the US, New York City FC.

Any changes for Heart would have to be signed off by the FFA.

A spokesman for the FFA told Fairfax Media that it might take into account potential complaints from Sydney FC regarding Heart changing its playing strip to sky blue, but there was no reason the A-League could not have two teams using the same colour combination.

[...]

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/blue-skies-ahead-for-melbourne-heart-in-manchester-cityled-future-20140124-31ec0.html

I guess we'll see if Man City actually 'listens' or not. And whether their statement that Melbourne Heart won't become a 'small Manchester City' is BS or not.

I, and others, are probably ok with some changes. But there's no reason to change the colours, and that would be one change too many. This club would start to look like a McCity if they renamed us and changed our colours, and I don't think it's in anyone's interest to make Heart so derivative and clone like.

I'm confident sense will prevail, though. But it may take some time.

Yeah, there isn't much new content in the above article. It looks like it's largely recycled statements David Gallop said yesterday, as JW said. I think the final line in the article is new, though, that the FFA might allow 2 sky blue teams. Sydney FC has already complained pretty vocally BTW about the suggestion that there could be another sky blue team.

Hopefully it's just a beat up. It's clear that Man City wants to make some changes, though, so we'll just have to wait and see how many changes they want to make...

Edited by Murfy1

I do hope that Lynch is talking through his hole.

I have though about this over the last day and a half, but if the colours change to sky blue I won't be supporting the team anymore. The club will be just an MCFC lite and in no way representative of Melbourne. I am happy for the name to change as I and a lot of others have never liked it and I think it holds us back in a small way. But the colours are the one thing everyone who follows the club have like and supported and for that reason it is a major part of the identity of the club. If you take that away for no other reason than a branding exercise then you remove the club's identity almost completely.

As a supporter of this club I am prepared to give up l lot for the new owners in return for all their money, but all I ask is the colours stay as they are. 

Just out of interest, what would you folks think to a redesigned home strip with a change of emphasis to white as the dominant colour and red as the secondary colour?  (In much the same way as your Yarraside scarves have changed from the first to the second design) - it would be in keeping with the Melbourne flag and would still keep the red and white.

• Like 1

No sky blue!!!

Red & white

The owners will listen to the thoughts of the fans. They'll also have someone viewing this site. I don't know how I would feel if they wanted to change our colours to red and white, even if it was a different shade of red to those chancers in Trafford Borough.

Just out of interest, what would you folks think to a redesigned home strip with a change of emphasis to white as the dominant colour and red as the secondary colour?  (In much the same way as your Yarraside scarves have changed from the first to the second design) - it would be in keeping with the Melbourne flag and would still keep the red and white.

I don't know whether you'd classify it as 'mostly white' but we sort of have already. Disregarding the shorts haha. Honestly, I would prefer a mostly white kit with a dark away.

313gh9g.jpg

I don't know whether you'd classify it as 'mostly white' but we sort of have already. Disregarding the shorts haha. Honestly, I would prefer a mostly white kit with a dark away.

313gh9g.jpg

I tend to prefer kits that are mostly one colour - I'm not against stripes though.  Maybe they could incorporate the red 'cross' into a new design?  They might have to pay your scarf designer some commission though!

I do hope that Lynch is talking through his hole.

I have though about this over the last day and a half, but if the colours change to sky blue I won't be supporting the team anymore. The club will be just an MCFC lite and in no way representative of Melbourne. I am happy for the name to change as I and a lot of others have never liked it and I think it holds us back in a small way. But the colours are the one thing everyone who follows the club have like and supported and for that reason it is a major part of the identity of the club. If you take that away for no other reason than a branding exercise then you remove the club's identity almost completely.

As a supporter of this club I am prepared to give up l lot for the new owners in return for all their money, but all I ask is the colours stay as they are. 

All in 36 hours, without knowing who will be who in the club for next season and beyond, without knowing what changes will be made, if any, for better or for worse, forego a lifetime of football excitement and success, forego the friendship of the tribe, and all for the sake of a colour that not all people see the same and some can't see at all?...well, I admire and respect your devotion to the red-and-white but I won't be joining you my friend.

I am also waiting to see what happens and I taking the new owners word that they will listen. Most questions will not be answered until June/July so that will be frustrating in some ways.

And a colour to me is not just a colour. It is a symbol and means something even for a club that is four years old. You are welcome to your own position of course.

You guys will keep the red and white if thats the wish, ive no doubt about that.

Listen, for our owners its about the fans, the community, the club, what it means to the people that love and live the club everyday.

You should all sleep soundly in your beds and just enjoy what is about to happen because you have no idea just how good life as a Heart fan is about to become.

Lol... 

Keep the home kit, argument you can win. The away and third kit is up for grabs and always has been flexible.

New name means new crest, with a nod to the past. For example:

2my6tw.png

This is inspired with what they are doing with New York City FC, connecting with the City brand.

Edited by beond
  • Like 2

Lol... 

Keep the home kit, argument you can win. The away and third kit is up for grabs and always has been flexible.

New name means new crest, with a nod to the past. For example:

2my6tw.png

This is inspired with what they are doing with New York City FC, connecting with the City brand.

would take something like that if it came in red ;)

Good luck with that :)

New owners would certainly push for the connection to MCFC/sky blue brand.

1nyza8.png

This is where I get concerned. All these MCFC fans are telling us not to worry the new owners will listen too us. Then in the next breath they are saying they will push the blue brands onto us.