Melbourne Football

EPL 13/14

InMyHeart

Liverpool are flying, upto second now, if Arsenal keep losing maybe United will catch them but as Stoke have one of the best home records outside the top six, I think you'll be better off seeing pigs fly than that occurring.

United will only become a top four side again the season after next. They need at least 4 world class players.

- A left back
- An experienced centre back
- Two midfielders

(a proper winger + cover at full back .. depending on who we sell)

I dont care who wins the EPL as long as its not Man buy the league Citeh. Fukin hate them more than a fillet a fish burger at Mc Donalds.

Liverpool are flying, upto second now, if Arsenal keep losing maybe United will catch them but as Stoke have one of the best home records outside the top six, I think you'll be better off seeing pigs fly than that occurring.

United will only become a top four side again the season after next. They need at least 4 world class players.

- A left back

- Two midfielders

I dont care who wins the EPL as long as its not Man buy the league Citeh. Fukin hate them more than a fillet a fish burger at Mc Donalds.

Yep cause chelsea haven't thrown money around, manu have in the past, fuck me they even spent 40m+ on a player that's not a starter at a rival club

- A left back

- Two midfielders

Yep cause chelsea haven't thrown money around, manu have in the past, fuck me they even spent 40m+ on a player that's not a starter at a rival club

We are allowed to spend money as we are a successful club. You win trophy's, you make money, hence why we could buy players. What the fuck have City won? 1x premier title, 1x FA cup 1x League cup since takeover and have spent $700m. How does that work? Its classed as buy you way to success. Since when did City & Chelsea bring players through the youth?  From what i heard Chelsea have spent nearly 2Billion since the takeover on both signings and wages (think its 10year).

Its Man United not Man U....

Man U is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Man U" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"Man U Man U went on a plane Man U Man U never came back again"

and..

"Man U Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich"). 

I hope this makes it clearer that saying Man U is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

Edited by Stone Island Manc

Its Man United not Man U....

Man U is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Man U" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"Man U Man U went on a plane Man U Man U never came back again"

and..

"Man U Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich"). 

I hope this makes it clearer that saying Man U is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

Mate, I guess I can't control what offends you and what doesn't, but i'm really surprised that in Australia you take umbrage at the use of the shorten name "Man U' for Manchester United.

Surely you know us Aussies are just lazy and will shorten all names to as small as possible and let's face it "Manchester United" has a lot of syllables,so its going to get trimmed down (ask Harry Kewell - he's now just "H").  I'm pretty sure no one here in their wildest dreams sees any connection with the name Man U being a "Munich insult" and to be honest your explanation was pretty subtle - no one here would have a clue what the West Brom fans of the 1950s did and didn't do.

I'm happy not to use it on this forum if it creates a drama (happy to have a dig at Man Utd re-football - but not about serious real life stuff like this, even if it did happen well before I was born) but honestly i think you'll be fighting an uphill battle on this one in this country.   

Just sayin'

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 2

Great result this morning.

Huge 3 games over the next week and a half for LFC, take maximum points and it's a solid 3 horse race! GD starting to tilt in our favour and still to face MC and Chelsea at home too!  :clap:

Tottenham to see off Arsenal tonight.  :up:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After watching Palace v Arsenal I'm shocked by how far behind the other PL teams Palace are.  They look like a 2nd Division side playing in the wrong league.  To his credit Jedinak stands out, but honestly no one player could save that team from relegation. 

Cudos to Tony "Never been Relegated" Pulis and Palace.  Up to 11th and on 40 points.  No way on God's Earth they are going down this year.

Pulis has worked a miracle with that side.

Great win from Sunderland overnight, it's a shame we couldn't have won the game against City this week to avoid relegation. Anyway happy to see Liverpool get the advantage from our games this week.

Enjoy playing the smoggies next season. ;)

Great win from Sunderland overnight, it's a shame we couldn't have won the game against City this week to avoid relegation. Anyway happy to see Liverpool get the advantage from our games this week.

Would rather have another crack at you guys, but it may have to wait a year or two ;-)

Would rather have another crack at you guys, but it may have to wait a year or two ;-)

Usually i would also. But I'm over getting trounced by you lot as of late.

Southampton started 2 18 year olds last night. Everton had a 16 year old on the bench.

In Australia we'd probably have all 3 playing in some sort of youth league

Maybe so, but it's a bit of a strange comparison to make. The Australian youth league is far from as good as European ones so it shouldn't be a surprise when players do step up. How about all those that played youth football o/s and didn't make the grade? Would we have given them five year contracts?

Southampton started 2 18 year olds last night. Everton had a 16 year old on the bench.

In Australia we'd probably have all 3 playing in some sort of youth league

Maybe so, but it's a bit of a strange comparison to make. The Australian youth league is far from as good as European ones so it shouldn't be a surprise when players do step up. How about all those that played youth football o/s and didn't make the grade? Would we have given them five year contracts?

I think you missed my point.  My comment wasn't about the relative merits of the different leagues, or about how to treat rejects from other leagues

I meant that in football we seem to have this philosophy of keeping players in age teams for as long as possible.  if we want to develop them get them out playing against men at younger ages, so they can come along faster.   

Indeed.  One thing that has happened in the background is that the NYL has forced the AIS to take younger players.  Can only be a good thing.

Its not just a few A League clubs, though its a whole culture.  i think girls football is better at bringing kids through (less players to choose from maybe and not as physical?).  I was disappointed that my club, with a U15s boys side a few years back that was as good as any in Melbourne, but a seniors stuck in what was then Provisional State League 3, wasn't giving 1 or 2 of the boys a run in the seniors.  (I know you need to choose the boys carefully, don't want some kid hospitalised by a 35 year old thug).  The superior positioning and option taking of senior football would have helped bring those lads along and helped the seniors into the bargain.