Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

29 minutes ago, cadete said:

Have you completely now cut of all contact from the Outside World these days?

I mean not that I did back then or ever.... But dont you think that calling PPL "Jealous Faggots" and using the word "Cunt/s" three times in one short paragraph about why you should be allowed to boast as much as you like just a little bit Jailbait Warrior/Misc 2010???

And TBH what you talking about is not PPL getting annoyed at others for being successful either its the Australian Attitude towards disliking boasters. In fact one of the things I love about Australia is this attitude about how we dont like Figjams or PPL who have tickets on themselves and have a constant need to pump their own tyres and boast.

Also FWIW I know you have never been so you would not know this but being a loud arse boaster in the Members at the Races is something that has always been looked down upon by most PPL unless the horse has paid really large odds all you have Ownership/Stable connections. The only guys you see do it in any Members Bar is at Flemington and they are mainly Dodgey Ethnic Types who always Black Pinstripe Suits and when not shouting loudly at horses are shouting into their mobiles about concrete.

I feel like I qualify for this exception TBH.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

I feel like I qualify for this exception TBH.

No you dont...

You used the word "faggot" (How this is applicable I will never understand) to describe PPL who think its a bit of Figjam move post screenshots of your Gambling winnings on a Soccer Forum every other week.

Edited by cadete

4 hours ago, cadete said:

No you dont...

You used the word "faggot" (How this is applicable I will never understand) to describe PPL who think its a bit of Figjam move post screenshots of your Gambling winnings on a Soccer Forum every other week.

So I didn't miss out on a boasting opportunity when I had a 60$ winner the other day? What odds make it acceptable, $100? $150? $200?

What are people's thoughts on betting on key forwards for the Coleman who have an easy early draw and then cashing out when their odds come in after dominating easy defenses? You could then do the same for forwards who had a few tough opening rounds and who's odds have drifted out. 

Almost definitely not enough upside for the risk but thought it was interesting.

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

What are people's thoughts on betting on key forwards for the Coleman who have an easy early draw and then cashing out when their odds come in after dominating easy defenses? You could then do the same for forwards who had a few tough opening rounds and who's odds have drifted out. 

Almost definitely not enough upside for the risk but thought it was interesting.

Well, firstly let me say I'm not a fan of cash out. Basically, if you use cash out, you're a losing gambler. Simple as that. Even if you win out by doing it, you still lose (in the long run). Especially with a bet that's live, since you lose money on the cash out and because you're doing it live. I have a bit more time for it when it's something like cashing out a multi in between legs (though you're going to be better off just hedging it at another bookmaker) or if it's something like what you suggest. In fact, this is probably the only sort of thing you'd catch me using cash out on, and had a bit of a play with this sort of idea at the start of the soccer season with some outright bets.

Anyway, the problems I see are:

1. I'm going to assume the % on this market is going to be fucked, probably like 150% or worse.

2. Your 'shopping around' is going to be limited if you want to cash out since not every bookmaker will allow, which doesn't allow you to improve on that percentage much.

3. Assuming you know what an 'easy draw' is at the start of the season is a lot more difficult than you think, in every season of every sport there are overachievers and underachievers. Especially when only looking at a fraction of the season like you are in this instance.

4. When you go to repeat it on players who have had a tough few rounds, it's possible that this will be priced in to an extent, and the fact the players you're trying to cash out have had easy rounds may also be priced in.

5. The loss on cash out, as I touched on at the start of this post, cunts take like 10% or w/e it's a rip off.

6. Tying your money up for weeks.

A possible better solution would be to not cash out those early bets, and then just add on more players as the season goes as per your 'forwards who had a few tough opening rounds and who's odds have drifted out' idea. The idea of which is to have most the contenders covered and at prices that should allow you to still profit. It will probably end up a pretty small profit, and this is without losing money on the cash out premium (which highlights how bad it would be with cashing out). The advantages of doing it this way are that you dont lose money on cashing out and you also have more bookmakers to chose from allowing you better odds. The disadvantage is you tie up more money and do so for longer.

TLDR: Don't do it.

Not a shabby day on the punt yesterday..

Winning Edge @ Doomben TICK

Lady Jetsetter @ Doomben Ran 2nd Full Refund

Bow Creek @ Caulfield TICK

Extreme Choice @ Caulfield TICK

Burnley/Reading/Stoke TICK

Over 2.5 Goals @ Chelsea/Southhampton TICK

Grendisar @ Lingfield TICK (thanks tesla)

West Ham/Leicester/Tottenham - Pending

Only lost cash on Victory - always have money on them it's the only way I can stand the cunts winning.

:up:

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

3 hours ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

Grendisar @ Lingfield TICK (thanks tesla)

Really smashed them in the end, surprised he won that easily.

It was a good day at Lingfield for me, which was good cause I had a shit day on Australian racing. My last shit day on Australian racing was a Saturday as well, seems to be a pattern, I think markets are just a lot more efficient on a Saturday so it's hard to find good outsiders like I try to on Australian racing. Might stop betting Saturdays at all if this continues.

Edited by Tesla

18 hours ago, Tesla said:

Really smashed them in the end, surprised he won that easily.

It was a good day at Lingfield for me, which was good cause I had a shit day on Australian racing. My last shit day on Australian racing was a Saturday as well, seems to be a pattern, I think markets are just a lot more efficient on a Saturday so it's hard to find good outsiders like I try to on Australian racing. Might stop betting Saturdays at all if this continues.

Mate, obviously City horses running in Listed Races on Saturday have a lot more PPL following them than those in a Maiden at Kilmore... most PPL dont have the time or CBF betting on Midweek Regional Meets.

been doing well with the WH elite soccer multies recently, been placing about 4 of em @ $50 with just major favourites and still getting 2 to a little over 3.
dortmund nearly undid it all last night for about 3 of them and i'll get a refund for 1 with arsenal. Still up about 250 on the weekend even though i lost 50 on hull and 20 on victory + other shitty small multies
liverpool manu leverkusen (europa) dortmund  @3.39
leicester villareal barca dortmund @3.70
bayern villareal barca dortmund @3.30 

Ladbrokes odds boost is pretty interesting. Not like you're going to last long on it if you win but until then it should be good.

Tried it tonight, the horse I wanted to back was $5 so it was going to boost to $6.50 but I left it, then it shortened to $4.50 and it would only boost to $5.25. So my early thoughts are that it's got a set amount to boost depending on the odds (initially I assumed it would be a percentage but that doesn't seem to be the case). So what I mean is it might be something like below $2 odds you get like a $0.20 boost, $2-3 odds $0.50 boost, $3-5 odds $0.75 boost $5-10 odds $1.50 boost , etc.

Just my guess for now, will see how it goes in the future.\

Wonder how much boost I'll get on a $101 runner, and I wonder how quickly after that I'd get banned from odds boost if that runner actually won lol.

LOL wtf I thought it would be limited to $50 or $100 max, but I just put down $280 on with the Ladbrokes Odds Boost.

I'm guessing it will be very short lived if this comes off.

Again $4.50 went to $5.25.

Edited by Tesla

fucking hull city are useless, 1-1 draw at home to relegation mk dons, need to being greedy and keep it simple

burnley keep having big odds, top of the league and were $2.50 away to the 18th team or something, won 3-1

shitcunt clubs keep costing me money, this weekend
valencia,monaco,arsenal,mancity,fiorentina,psv

Edited by Thrillhouse

Just a multi that was already gone by the time the game started. I wad close to putting on more tbh but had more interesting things to bet on instead. 

T20 cricket must be the best thing to bet on in play, NZ were at least like 10$ at one point during the game. Happens all the time as well with wickets falling etc. But who can be fucked unless you're watching the game. 

But yeah pretty crazy result, NZ has quality players for t20 cricket but the issue is India at home should be close to unbeatable.

Pretty huge upset, but I stand by my original comment tbh, at 1.50 they were a good bet but even 1.01 bets lose. Exactly why I cbf with short odds bets, you have to win way too often to make money and it's very hard to win that often. 

Edited by Tesla

• 4 weeks later...

I reckon I'm done at Bet365 soon, first time I haven't received my weekly loyalty bonus for betting a lot with them, in b4 restrictions. Only good place to bet on international racing which is my most profitable sector these days. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Thrillhouse said:

haha have learnt to stay away from our games, never ends well
need atletico to win to finish my multi

Don't think i've bet on Liverpool all season but they are in good form now and i'll be looking to back them regularly if the odds are right (and they don't play a youth team again)

Need Arsenal to finish my $10 odds multi, but not too concerned since won a few singles.

Edited by Tesla

18 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Don't think i've bet on Liverpool all season but they are in good form now and i'll be looking to back them regularly if the odds are right (and they don't play a youth team again)

Need Arsenal to finish my $10 odds multi, but not too concerned since won a few singles.

how much you put on that and who's in it?
i've got 50 on leverkusen, manu, real madrid, bayern, psg, juve, dortmund, atletico paying 6.25

5 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

how much you put on that and who's in it?
i've got 50 on leverkusen, manu, real madrid, bayern, psg, juve, dortmund, atletico paying 6.25

$50 on Liverpool, West Ham or Draw, Dortmund, Arsenal, think it was just a tick under $10 like $9.90 or something.

Also had singles on Liverpool and West ham or draw.

EDIT: Fucking palace just equalised, this is why I usually don't include low odds legs like this cause they never win as often as they should. Normally my multis are around $20 cause I don't include these shit $1.30 legs.

Edited by Tesla

Wasn't going to bet any more this weekend and not going to go on tilt now cause of that multi when I've had a very very good weekend but fuck it's tempting to bet on Valencia or Draw at $6 given barca's form. Also something on Tottenham to fuck up at Stoke. But I'm staying out.

10 hours ago, Tesla said:

fuck it's tempting to bet on Valencia or Draw at $6 given barca's form

lol ffs sometimes even I don't realise how good I am, should have put a few $ down. Not even about the money, it would have been a nice addition to my $5+ odds soccer scalps (obviously I'm only talking about WDW/handicap/etc and not shit like correct score or first goalscorer etc.)

Had a few problems with Crownbet giving me bonus bets isntead of bonus points where the promo said bonus points, got it fixed up by talking to chat other times.

Today though he tells me that Vic residents will only receive bonus bets, which I assume means they figured out the expoloit where you could get cash for your points at crown.

Was bound to happen lol, another loophole closed.

EDIT: There is a second explanation, I notice I have had the opposite happen, receive bonus points when it says bonus bets, the offers may display differently for VIC and NSW residents, and in the past for some reason their system was treating me as a NSW resident when they couldnt show any promotions to NSW residents, so maybe I'm being displayed NSW version of promos and then receive the VIC bonus, so TLDR is maybe the ones that say bonus bets will mean bonus points for me, only one way to find out.

Edited by Tesla

Um, Tesla do you realise that out of the last six posts in this thread the only one that is not from yourself is the one below from me?

On 4/18/2016 at 1:18 PM, Tesla said:

lol ffs sometimes even I don't realise how good I am, 

On 4/18/2016 at 1:55 PM, cadete said:

:droy:

The two before my post are yours and then the three posts after are yours... so you have finally succeeded into turning this thread into a conversation which between Tesla and Tesla.

KUTGW. :clap::clap::clap: 

Edited by cadete

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Um, Tesla do you realise that out of the last six posts in this thread the only one that is not from yourself is the one below from me?

The two before my post are yours and then the three posts after are yours... so you have finally succeeded into turning this thread into a conversation which between Tesla and Tesla.

KUTGW. :clap::clap::clap: 

Half those posts were tips, winning ones at that, people don't need to respond, just read and place their bets :up: 

1 minute ago, Tesla said:

Half those posts were tips, winning ones at that, people don't need to respond, just read and place their bets :up: 

I guess its hard for both of us to realise how good you are...

Hendo.jpg

Edited by cadete

3 hours ago, hedaik said:

That sucks about the Crown points thing, I cleaned up with their NRL bonus for the first 6ish weeks. 

Same, it was a good promo.

Bet365 promo has probably been the best though this afl/nrl season, maybe not the best for the lower risk gamblers but if you don't mind taking a bigger risk knowing you have the advantage due to the promo it's quite profitable over the course of a week or two.

Overall, promos are definitely not on the level they were last season though.

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu