Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno A-League is always my best league by a mile, the potential for winning bets at bigger odds is what makes it good tbh.

Usually suck first few rounds though so won't bet much money and I'll make sure to take advantage of promos etc

Ez for Sydney had them picked at 2.80 couple days ago but they shortened a lot but still 2.30 looked really good value. Didnt want to bet our game but knew we'd shorten as well and we did (even though if i was betting i would have gone a small one draw or wellington). I need to start betting earlier ( but then once i do thryll all drift lawl)

Again, could have told you Perth would come in as well, maybe too short now but should win.

1.5 points perth @ 1.45

Edited by Tesla

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu

tipped 4/5 this week, only 1 tipped all 5 on footytipping.com

no idea why croatia are so high again, 1.40 v kosovo the other day (6-0) and now 1.57 away to finland 
also liking ukraine 1.20 v kosovo
wales 1.36 v georgia
also ireland away to moldova 1.36

Edited by Thrillhouse

Another good round, surprised things are going so well first couple of rounds.

Not sure if betting earlier actually helped, I saw Adelaide shortened a bit but they didn't win, the rest I didn't really get a chance to see what the market was like closer to the game.

End of round 2:

Bets: 9

Total staked: 12 pt

Return: 17.575pt

Profit: 5.575pt

Profit% = 46.46%

Hypothetical level stakes

Total staked: 9 pt

Return 14pt

Profit: 5pt

Profit %: 55.56%

Tabcorp and Tatts shares in trading halt, gonna merge.

If they can somehow convince the governments to merge the totes than that would be good, but since that isn't gonna happen this is just gonna be shit, one less bookmaker that actually prices markets (granted they both do it late but still better than simply copying).

At the least I hope it's more Ubet than TAB.

2 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

ucl has been very kind this week
somehow leicester were 2.05, dortmund 2.10 juve 1.70 sevilla 1.50

Those all seem reasonable, except maybe Leicester (and I'm pretty against English teams in European competition). The rest were away so hard to see them being any shorter, personally I wouldn't have touched Sevilla.

35 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Those all seem reasonable, except maybe Leicester (and I'm pretty against English teams in European competition). The rest were away so hard to see them being any shorter, personally I wouldn't have touched Sevilla.

easier to chuck in when it's mainly bonus bets, juve lucky and surprised sevilla only won 1-0 somehow
missed out on 1 cause i stupidly put in napoli (10bb@59.03)
19.60bb @ 22.16 got up dortmund atletico psg bayern arsenal juve leicester sevilla
another got up and 1 still running with 4 league games on the weekend to come

mate had 150 and 100 matched promo offer on sportsbet so i did the deposit and going 50/50
500 back on an 100 ucl multi
1 weekend multi to come
melb city last leg of 1 for 750 return
bayern napoli psg real on another for 1368

Interesting I saw some of the boomkaers get up odds pretty early for A-League, before Pinnacle, I just assumed they copied pinnacle odds. Interesting thzt they do price up on A-League, basically begging for me to smash them.

Saw some good value about but didn't bother, eg we were $1.95 to win lol.

Anyway:

2pt - Melbourne City Half Time @ 2.25

1pt - CCM + 0.5 @ 2.22

0.5pt - Adelaide @ 2.5

1.5pt - Sydney @ 1.95

0.75pt - Draw @ 4.13 & 0.75pt - Newcastle @ 4.75

Edited by Tesla

1 hour ago, carlings said:

Crownbet offering Melb City $1.64 win tomorrow night. If we score but the bet doesn't win, money back in the form of a bonus bet. Sounds like free money to me. 

They were the ones with 1.95 earlier in the week as well, promo might not have been active though.

Honestly I think we're borderline at 1.64, though with the promo of course get on. Combined with the 2.25 at TAB for us to win at halftime, should be a good game if we deliver.

End of round 3 & FFA Cup semis:

Bets: 15

Total staked: 19.25 pt

Return: 27.9475pt

Profit: 8.6975pt

Profit% = 45.18%

Total staked: 15 pt

Return 21.06pt

Profit: 6.06pt

Profit %: 40.40%

I should note, the ones where I back both a team to win and a draw is just because it works out to better odds than betting the same with a handicap or double chance or w/e, so for the level stakes stats I'm recording it as 1 bet dutched basically, my stats would be better off doing it as 2 bets so far and the level stakes i'm just keeping track of for my own interest anyway.

Edited by Tesla

Either going to smash it this week or get smashed, 3pt max bet on $3 odds and a 2pointer on alnmost $6 odds, classic Telsa A-League betting coming up:

2pt - Melbourne City Half Time @ $2.40

1pt - Sydney @ $1.78

1pt - WSW Half Time @ $2

3pt MAX BET - Perth Glory @3

2pt - Wellington @5.75

Edited by Tesla

Well that was an annoying round, profit on the level stakes but the big bets failed and so a small loss on the round overall (think thats the first round thats a loss off the top of my head). Exactly why I like to track my level stakes to make sure I'm not being retarded with the staking.

Anyway will update things later and post the rest when I have time but for tonight

1.5pt - Melbourne City Half Time @ $3.15

1pt - Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City - Over 3.5 goals @ $2.60

Edited by Tesla

Finally updating last 2 rounds. Back to a profitable round this time and still going really well but it's early days. No way I will maintain a 30% profit on turnover by the end of season, you couldn't make that much if you were rigging games (as it would be obvious and you'd be in jail pretty quickly).

End of round 4:

Bets: 20

Total staked: 28.25 pt

Return: 36.5275pt

Profit: 8.2775pt

Profit% = 29.30%

Total staked: 20pt

Return 27.24pt

Profit: 7.24pt

Profit %: 36.20%

End of Round 5: