Melbourne Football

Proposed merger with South Melbourne (rejected)

marteaux

I wish South Melbourne would invest in my hockey club. I'd be happy getting paid a bit more to play, and the souvas after a match would be quite welcome. I think our ice baths are probably on par with SMFC's anyway. 

lol i remember when this first did the romour rounds on here about 2-3months ago and only me and one other user said it was a realistic possibility and the rest of the forum laughed at the thread and this other user and I and the thread was locked immediately.

yeah, fuck you cunts.

lol i remember when this first did the romour rounds on here about 2-3months ago and only me and one other user said it was a realistic possibility and the rest of the forum laughed at the thread and this other user and I and the thread was locked immediately.

yeah, fuck you cunts.

How is it a realistic possibility when the club rejected it straight away and Central Coast did the same..  

• Like 1

I think people on here need to realise that running a club is a business and no business man wants to have a fold on his résumé or be out of pocket. 

They obviously have a plan. Let the board run the club, while we support the club.

• Like 2

My understanding is that Sidwell said at the fan forum that the club will be spending more money on players next season. Sponsors were prepared to pay extra for Beckham and FFA has said to all teams that they will help out with 'the right kind' of marquee player

I heard that the sponsorship with Westpac might not be continued due to the damaged seats fiasco at Etihad...so potentially one major sponsor might be needed to fund the club for next season.

You are correct though, sponsors were keen to fund Beckham....and Beckham only, if he came. He didn't so these guys have now gone.

Of course Sidwell will say that there would be money for players next season....what he didn't say was how much and beyond the current pay structure the board was willing to fund. Not all the board members are on the same page as some have not put in the fair share of well earned cash as the rest. The recent Munn trip overseas failed to attract any new investors...so unless they can find another Del Piero and get a well known Italian coffee company to bank roll some of his salary it's going to be extremely tough but not impossible. It's not like Heart have great facilities there at Latrobe Uni to make it enticing for overseas players wanting to come here, especially ones that will put bums on seats.

Look Mariners have been successful on shoe string budget but are also financially screwed, but they are well managed and have a core of very experienced players. Heart don't and now with so many players been recently let go basically they have to start again. One more season like the one we just had where we only got 1 point away from Victoria and home crowds of 5k or less, where +9k are needed to break even, and the 3.5 million will have been like "winning lotto" in comparison to handing back the license to FFA and walking away......

Just a piece of trivia for the less informed.....South Melbourne Hellas's original colours were White and Red....

My understanding is that Sidwell said at the fan forum that the club will be spending more money on players next season. Sponsors were prepared to pay extra for Beckham and FFA has said to all teams that they will help out with 'the right kind' of marquee player

I heard that the sponsorship with Westpac might not be continued due to the damaged seats fiasco at Etihad...so potentially one major sponsor might be needed to fund the club for next season.

You are correct though, sponsors were keen to fund Beckham....and Beckham only, if he came. (1) He didn't so these guys have now gone.

Of course Sidwell will say that there would be money for players next season....what he didn't say was how much and beyond the current pay structure the board was willing to fund. Not all the board members are on the same page as some have not put in the fair share of well earned cash as the rest. (2) The recent Munn trip overseas failed to attract any new investors...so unless they can find another Del Piero and get a well known Italian coffee company to bank roll some of his salary it's going to be extremely tough but not impossible. It's not like Heart have great facilities there at Latrobe Uni to make it enticing for overseas players wanting to come here, especially ones that will put bums on seats.

Look Mariners have been successful on shoe string budget but (3) are also financially screwed, but they are well managed and have a core of very experienced players. Heart don't and now with so many players been recently let go basically they have to start again. One more season like the one we just had where we only got 1 point away from Victoria and home crowds of 5k or less, where +9k are needed to break even, and the 3.5 million will have been like "winning lotto" in comparison to handing back the license to FFA and walking away......

Just a piece of trivia for the less informed.....(4) South Melbourne Hellas's original colours were White and Red....

(1) - How do you know that 3rd party sponsors aren't willing to put in for another marquee?

(2) - Did you not read the statement where a European consortium put in an offer as well. Plus, I recall Munn saying that his trip was a sponsorship mission and/or fact finding mission.

(3) - "are also" implies that you think we are to. You obviously can't read.

(4) - So what? Cardiff recently changed their colors from blue to red. Should Everton buy them out because they both share a blue kit.

35882241.jpg

Edited by biancorosso7
  • Like 1

You are correct though, sponsors were keen to fund Beckham....and Beckham only, if he came. (1) He didn't so these guys have now gone.

Of course Sidwell will say that there would be money for players next season....what he didn't say was how much and beyond the current pay structure the board was willing to fund. Not all the board members are on the same page as some have not put in the fair share of well earned cash as the rest. (2) The recent Munn trip overseas failed to attract any new investors...so unless they can find another Del Piero and get a well known Italian coffee company to bank roll some of his salary it's going to be extremely tough but not impossible. It's not like Heart have great facilities there at Latrobe Uni to make it enticing for overseas players wanting to come here, especially ones that will put bums on seats.

Look Mariners have been successful on shoe string budget but (3) are also financially screwed, but they are well managed and have a core of very experienced players. Heart don't and now with so many players been recently let go basically they have to start again. One more season like the one we just had where we only got 1 point away from Victoria and home crowds of 5k or less, where +9k are needed to break even, and the 3.5 million will have been like "winning lotto" in comparison to handing back the license to FFA and walking away......

Just a piece of trivia for the less informed.....(4) South Melbourne Hellas's original colours were White and Red....

(1) - How do you know that 3rd party sponsors aren't willing to put in for another marquee?

(2) - Did you not read the statement where a European consortium put in an offer as well. Plus, I recall Munn saying that his trip was a sponsorship mission and/or fact finding mission.

(3) - "are also" implies that you think we are to. You obviously can't read.

(4) - So what? Charlton recently changed their colors from blue to red. Should Everton buy them out because they both share a blue kit.

35882241.jpg

FACT FOUND:

The internet is on computers now

You are correct though, sponsors were keen to fund Beckham....and Beckham only, if he came. He didn't so these guys have now gone.

Of course Sidwell will say that there would be money for players next season....what he didn't say was how much and beyond the current pay structure the board was willing to fund. Not all the board members are on the same page as some have not put in the fair share of well earned cash as the rest. The recent Munn trip overseas failed to attract any new investors...so unless they can find another Del Piero and get a well known Italian coffee company to bank roll some of his salary it's going to be extremely tough but not impossible. It's not like Heart have great facilities there at Latrobe Uni to make it enticing for overseas players wanting to come here, especially ones that will put bums on seats.

Look Mariners have been successful on shoe string budget but are also financially screwed, but they are well managed and have a core of very experienced players. Heart don't and now with so many players been recently let go basically they have to start again. One more season like the one we just had where we only got 1 point away from Victoria and home crowds of 5k or less, where +9k are needed to break even, and the 3.5 million will have been like "winning lotto" in comparison to handing back the license to FFA and walking away......

Just a piece of trivia for the less informed.....South Melbourne Hellas's original colours were White and Red....

TheGaffer, you first para is speculation, none of us outside the boardroom know the facts, I agree with your second paragraph (as I'm sure thet we all do, including the Board) and your final paragraph is a fact