Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart - 2012-13 - Player of the Year

Bobbobbobmarley

Just got home from the awards. Was a decent night, although one day would be nice to have a proper sit down dinner etc. They had the presentation of the awards for about half an hour, where they showed videos of our highlights of the season (didn't last too long), and presented the awards, and they had a band play along with some of the videos. Interviewed some of the players briefly. John Aloisi said he was going overseas to bring back Frank Lampard :D

The rest of the time was just standing around with drinks and finger food. All the players were standing around, so it was very easy to chat to them.

Up on stage they asked Garcia if he was staying, he said he was thinking about it. Which is kind of obvious anyway.

Bolton said he doesn't want to be goalkeeper coach but is considering a business type role at the club.

That's about it.

• Like 1

Patrick Gerhardt a deserved second place in the 'Player of the Year', but I'm staggered to read in the Hun that Matt Thompson was third. The coaches clearly see something that the rest of the people in the stadium can't see.

I can see why at first it's a little strange the Thommo finished 3rd. Digging a little deeper it does make some sense. Matt played pretty much every game giving him the Most chances to poll votes. That is the contrary to the majority of our squad. We changed our goalkeeper half way through the year. Sold both full backs in January. Then injuries were a major problem for Colosimo Germano Fred and Tadic. So really the one player Thompson was competing against was David Williams.

Just got home from the awards. Was a decent night, although one day would be nice to have a proper sit down dinner etc. They had the presentation of the awards for about half an hour, where they showed videos of our highlights of the season (didn't last too long), and presented the awards, and they had a band play along with some of the videos. Interviewed some of the players briefly. John Aloisi said he was going overseas to bring back Frank Lampard :D

The rest of the time was just standing around with drinks and finger food. All the players were standing around, so it was very easy to chat to them.

Up on stage they asked Garcia if he was staying, he said he was thinking about it. Which is kind of obvious anyway.

Bolton said he doesn't want to be goalkeeper coach but is considering a business type role at the club.

That's about it.

My guess is that these awards nights will take on more significance and go more up-market when we've had a couple of seasons where we can celebrate something.

Was an awesome night.

Players were very easy to talk to and was a chance to meet some other Heart supporters you wouldnt normally meet.

Plus i'd poped the question to the misses on the night which made it even more memorable (with a little help from Bolton)

Will definetely go next season. Only negative i thought was that  some of the players didnt stick around the whole night and some didnt even show like Walker or Mitchinson.

Overall it was a great night and was great to see so many supporters who are passionate about the club and what it to move forward.

BTW I was speaking to a bloke who's Garcia's player sponsor and he says that he is very close to signing. Just reviewing there recent offer.

• Like 2

Was an awesome night.

Players were very easy to talk to and was a chance to meet some other Heart supporters you wouldnt normally meet.

Plus i'd poped the question to the misses on the night which made it even more memorable (with a little help from Bolton)

Will definetely go next season. Only negative i thought was that  some of the players didnt stick around the whole night and some didnt even show like Walker or Mitchinson.

Overall it was a great night and was great to see so many supporters who are passionate about the club and what it to move forward.

BTW I was speaking to a bloke who's Garcia's player sponsor and he says that he is very close to signing. Just reviewing there recent offer.

"Plus i'd poped the question" :huh:

Thanks guys!!!

I know about Bolton trust me. We'd propaerly met him for the away game  up at Newcastle n when i went up for the CCM game, he'd asked about where the misses and that she was hot lmao. Hes a pretty top bloke though. Was very keen to help out and even took some pretty nice photos for me proposing to the misses.

Thats what i love about this club. The players are willing to have a chat with you and value the supporters. Thats always the feeling i got.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!!!

I know about Bolton trust me. We'd propaerly met him for the away game  up at Newcastle n when i went up for the CCM game, he'd asked about where the misses and that she was hot lmao. Hes a pretty top bloke though. Was very keen to help out and even took some pretty nice photos for me proposing to the misses.

Thats what i love about this club. The players are willing to have a chat with you and value the supporters. Thats always the feeling i got.

Good on you Libba. And to all those people bitching about identity is that not a point of difference? The players care and value support. For all the negative talk about these forums its great to see someone say something positive about the club.

• Like 2

Thanks guys!!!

Good on you Libba. And to all those people bitching about identity is that not a point of difference? The players care and value support. For all the negative talk about these forums its great to see someone say something positive about the club.

Mate anyone that knows me personaly knows how much this club mean to me and the love i have for this club is massive. Even the misses who never followed football before went to 1 game and fell in love with it straight away.

Sometimes negative comments are made though when people get frustrated at where curtain people are taking this club and for me it hurts to see when the club is struggling.

We all need to stick behind this club and keep moving forward. We do that and one day, we'll be celebrating while our boys showered in confetti and  holding that toilet seat up in there air

Bring on next season!!!!!!!

Was an awesome night.

Bolton maybe has a career as a wedding planner after his career??? :D thats why he isn't resigning with us!!!

Congrats though and good to hear about Garcia

If we don't sign Garcia for next season, I will be so disappointed. I am more and more anxious as every day goes by, we NEED his signature.

basically we're negotiating to re-sign hoff and garcia. I have a feeling that we'll only manage to sign 1 of the 2...

ideally we want to sign garcia and hope that hoffman moves on, but knowing our luck it'll be the other way around.