Melbourne Football

Melbourne FC vs Perth Glory, Saturday 9th February, 5.30pm

MHFCRC

NBA players did it today lol that's probably where they got the idea

I'd say they got the idea from the Mexican First Division soccer team, Jaguares de Chiapas. They did it in October 2011.

It's not something they can just come up with in a few days notice. Would have been planned for a while.

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/10/31/mexican-soccer-team-replaces-names-on-jerseys-with-twitter-handles/

jaguarestwitter-copy.jpg?w=261

Edited by dRoy

It's been a tough couple of weeks since the Adelaide game. But overall, I think our form has been getting better last 4 or 5 games. Really should win at home, but who knows which Heart will turn up.

Fans need to stand up this week and show what we're about. It takes a lot of time and hard work to build a reputaion, but only one or two incidents to damage it. So on and off the field, we need to get back to the Adelaide performance. Turn up, bring your mates, and let's have a good one.

A throw back to the Fan Designed 3rd Strip v CCM last season, and therefore, I would like to see David Williams as the central striker and Babalj play as a number 10.

Redmayne

Walker - Gerhardt - Vrankovic - Mitchinson

Germano - Thompson

Garcia - Babalj - Mebrahtu

Williams

Bench: Bolton - Garrucio - Kalmar - Mauk/Retre

Out. Working.

Can I borrow membership?

492.original.jpg?fm=jpg&q=65&sharp=15&vib=10&w=521&h=521&fit=crop

Yes, yes you can.

Especially when some of our players tweet about things completely unrelated to Heart or football.

So, just because they play soccer for heart means they have to tweet about soccer or heart related things? Nat pls.

• Like 2

Think this is a great idea in terms of embracing the digital age and encourage fans that there is more than Facebook and email.

Social media can (and will) help with membership. Just need to believe.

Not sure how they'd do the digits in twitter handles though.

I understand how social media helps promote the club and membership etc

I just don't see how having redders20 Instead of Redmayne on the back is going to particularly help

As a one off, I think it's a good idea. The club already has a pretty good reach on Twitter with over 10,000 followers, so if it broadens that connection to fans in some way, then fine. It also another way of trying to be innovative, like being the first to do the fan design shirt. New ideas should be encouraged, not bagged all the time. We're not going to get far if we don't try things. And I've just seen what it looks like, and it looks ok.

Edited by Sash

Think this is a great idea in terms of embracing the digital age and encourage fans that there is more than Facebook and email.

Social media can (and will) help with membership. Just need to believe.

I understand how social media helps promote the club and membership etc

I just don't see how having redders20 Instead of Redmayne on the back is going to particularly help

Cos he also has "Redders" as his numberplate for his Toyota Corolla Sportivo. :up:

If we wanted to do this on the world stage, should we have waited until we play Sydney where their games beam live into Europe

I'm just guessing that Heart vs Glory wont get much support outside here

Anyway I understand why we're doing it, I just think its an odd thing to do. But like most things I'll reserve judgement to after the event

if they required a 4, probably like this, 4.

Smart arse.

Do they have digits for the text font or is it a special print on the jersey? Haven't seen any pictures yet.

I pictured them replacing the surname with the twitter handle in the same font and didn't think there were digit equivalents.

I don't think it's the coolest thing I've ever seen but it can't really have a negative impact, current fans will accept it as a marketing ploy and all it could potentially do is start the players names trending on twitter, which would lead people that weren't even at the game to their pages and then to Heart's