Melbourne Football

Cameron Edwards

Huzie

Presuming Edwards is on a contract that will keep at the club until the end of the 2013/14 season at the least next season is looking exciting. The average age of our players contracted for next season is 22.4 and that's before you include the likely promotion of a few NYL players. Hopefully by then Aloisi,Foxe and JD have either become competent or fucked off and we'll have a young and exciting squad playing a good brand of football. Fred, Hoffman, Colosimo, Thompson, Grella, Gray and Bolton will all be gone and hopefully we can start building a better culture around the place.

• Like 2

He's already played for the YT, he was on the pitch yesterday. We got clearance from the FFA to play him in the YT, until the transfer window is open.

He would have been in our best 3 yesterday, with J.Walker and Groenwald.

Edited by LR9

He's already played for the YT, he was on the pitch yesterday. We got clearance from the FFA to play him in the YT, until the transfer window is open.

Mate have you heard if we are releasing any players to make way for some new players this window? Heard a little whisper we may be doing something along these lines but not confirmed.

Mate have you heard if we are releasing any players to make way for some new players this window? Heard a little whisper we may be doing something along these lines but not confirmed.

Nah, haven't heard anything. FWIW, we still have two free places on the roster...

Nah, haven't heard anything. FWIW, we still have two free places on the roster...

Cheers!

Your opinion on Edwards?

I hope we see this lad on the field soon and given a chance to prove himself in front of the home fans. IMO at this point in time we're ready to give the keys to the city to anyone who can slot into our midfield and start stroking the ball around and creating a few chances. All yours for the taking Cameron.

Whats the difference between a youth and senior contract ?

Means he's now on our main list of 23. So now we've filled 22/23, leaving us with one open slot to sign someone, we can also sign an injury replacement for Mate.

Would it be beneficial to offer that last place to a youth we are wanting to sign for next season, or maybe we should obtain the most exciting player we can get to make an impact. Make one last splurge on making the finals and attracting a crowd. Grella hopefully back and dominating, Edwards, Garrucio into the squad, Behich, Garcia and Tadic running around play attacking style as we have nothing to lose from here on in.

A late season surge and making the finals and who knows what the season could bring. Change of attitude and tactics needed from the club, whilst taking a risk could do anything.

Hmm

Not happy with this signing?

I have seen a little of him and the guy can certainly play. Would have him in the side in front of Thompson, Hoffman and even Fred. He can retain possession and pick a pass. Excellent vision and poise.

Has mobility also. Only needs experience and I think will be one of the brightest young talents in the league for sure.

Grella, Edwards, Germano, Garcia, Behich, Garrucio for the rest of the season through the midfield gives me some hope! Passing, pace, movement and zest. Play attacking and we will worry most. Get at teams with these players not play counter attacking shite.

More hope than Thompson, Hoffman and Fred in there.

Lets hope our mastermind sees this too. Over to you John.

Oh and god I hope he has been signed for longer than just til the seasons end.

From what I have seen its only until the end of the season, not 100% though.

I know he is yet unproven, but knowing our luck, he'll dominate and get poached by a bigger club next season.

So we sign this bloke in January for only the rest of the season (don't let me go there ffs) and he has played three games or so of youth football and still can't crack a game? Have I got this correct before I lose my shit? Or is he only available after a certain time? In which case I will only bitch about the fact we signed a promising youngster only for the rest of the bloody season....