Melbourne Football

Heart in negotiations with kewell

AntiScum

I would say that more people who know absolutely nothing about football would know who Cahill is and not know who Totti or Ronaldinho is

Sort of agree. ADP IMO would have been less known to non-football fans than Ronaldinho and look at what has happened. On the Kewell matter I'm obviously in the minority but from a business point of view he should be signed. We sign him, fans come along, we start winning and they stay strong fans even when Kewell leaves. Obviously will be hard to fit him in the squad and his best football is past him however...

• Like 2

We already have a better right winger, two better left wingers, four better AMs and two better forwards.

Only room left in the squad is for a defender. I really dunno how this thread has reached a 5th page...

Because Kewell is about marketing.

Sometimes on this forum I wonder what people really want. There's a thread running bemoaning the quality of our marketing, and another about our low attendances.

Kewell would be good for our business.

And I think he's a rather better player than your assessment suggests.

I would say that more people who know absolutely nothing about football would know who Cahill is and not know who Totti or Ronaldinho is

Its probably more important to tap into the football fans than non football fans. Get them coming to games, thee are enough, and creat good atmospheres at games which snowballs into the games improving, and so on which then starts to entice non football fans.

Kewell would be a shit signing, especially given he cant fit into the team. He would have been good for perth, id say perth and wellington are probably the least appealing teams to watch, for me anyway. Aelaide is pretty boring too.

Sometimes on this forum I wonder what people really want. There's a thread running bemoaning the quality of our marketing, and another about our low attendances.

I agree that he's a good player but he's a high maintenance player that can destabilise a team.

There is no mention in that video of us at all. News.com is notoriously shit and simply makes things up. If you dont believe me have a look at the latest headline.

JUST when you thought the sex scandal engulfing the top ranks of the US military couldn’t get any weirder, it has. Now it’s emerged that love rat General David Petraeus had a standing order for sliced pineapple every night before bed when he ran the CIA. Confused? Check out our flow chart to untangle the web.

637786-david-petraeus.jpg

Its seriously pure garbage. They are the type of "news" site that reports on people saying they have been abducted by aliens and shit

I disagree. He is a used commodity. His name won't get the fans turning up. We need someone who will generate excitement in the fans who follow football and don't support a club, and those who don't follow football but will go to where something exciting happens. A media buzz on a particular player could pour in thousands of people, we need to get it right.

Cahill would be the last of the Aussies to do this, maybe Bresch, but certainly a Drogba, Ronaldinho or Totti could do that.

My thinking with Ronaldinho is the fact he is a worldwide marketable commodity, we would get exposure all over the world for it. The lifestyle here is different to Brazil, so maybe his bad boy ways will cease or be controlled, but imagine the excitement we would generate from a signing like that. The trick is to get someone who will generate a buzz and momentum. Harry would not do this, it will be laughable amongst most people. "Not again" can be heard everywhere.