Melbourne Football

ARSENAL FC

Arsenal_Hearted_Boy

Fucking bullshit, we need wenger to pull off another ozil miracle signing IMO

In for Diego Costa

Devastated about Theo, he's been brilliant for us and I had him pegged to be our most important player in the run home.

Can't see Costa moving before season's end to be honest, I think we'll bring in one of Berbatov or Morata. Our wing stocks are still fine (especially with Gnabry, kid is ready) and Bentdner is a serviceable striker (obviously out for a month though), we just need someone to back-up/compete with Giroud.

Edited by King Malta

• 2 weeks later...

Wilshere is pretty shit now and ozil looks like as if he can't be bothered playing today with that look on his face...

Ok game, gnabry is definitely a future German star and podolski imo should be used as a striker since giroud is very out of form

Wilshere was alright, just a bit poor in the first half (like most of the side). Ozil was poorer than usual but I'm not worried personally, he's having a bit of a lull and he'll play himself out of it.

Got to disagree on Giroud too, once again his holdup play was brilliant and he was instrumental in our first goal, Podolski can't play as a CF in our system and has been terrible there in every game he's played for us, he's much better out wide. Giroud cops some undeserved flack, his work as a target man is fantastic, he's never going to knock in 25+ premier league goals though, that's just not the sort of striker he is, he's the sort of striker that brings other into the game and as a result spreads the goals out amongst his team-mates.

Edited by King Malta

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal are trying to loan Vucinic for the rest of the season, does anyone know anything about him?

TBH, he's nothing special. 

Might be able to do a job off the bench but there are better and younger players out there for less money. 

But like anything, it depends on the price. 

• 2 weeks later...

Man Utd were getting numbers behind the ball around the 18 yard box, yet Wenger left Podolski on the bench when we were crying out for some penetration down the wings with Carzola spending his game cutting inside. That's our challenge as good as gone, expecting the rest of this season  battling for 4th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does anyone else get the feeling arsenal will make it to the fa cup final, yet will still be in the hunt for the title.

so wenger decides to play a second string team in the final hoping he can win the title but ends up missing out by a few points resulting in a 27 year contract extension

gunners campaigns write themsleves tbh

There was fuck all chances in the 2nd half compared to spurs.

Really don't like giroud with his extremely slow pace

Get off fifa mate he's been focal in their season this year. Finally justifying the millions spent on him, and proving to be what they need upfront...

Still can't beat a man with the ball ala Henry, Bergkamp & RVP.

Quality finisher and fox in the box but that's not going to strike fear into opposition defenses especially when your supposed to be pushing for the title. I still think they need a world class striker and Giroud should just come off the bench when they need him.

• Like 1

Get off fifa mate he's been focal in their season this year. Finally justifying the millions spent on him, and proving to be what they need upfront... I was getting frustrated watching the derby because at some points in the match players out-ran/easily caught up to him and closed him off to create any chances and we then loose possession.

And the fact spurs had a lot more chances, our defense line making 60+ clearances and them, from the looks if it, spurs had a lot more possession really drains my confidence of our midfield and attacking lines and certainly doesn't help appreciate Giroud's work that others see.

Thrillhouse's constant mentioning of arsenal as being mediocre/average is also persuasive.

Edited by Young Polak

Get off fifa mate he's been focal in their season this year. Finally justifying the millions spent on him, and proving to be what they need upfront... I was getting frustrated watching the derby because at some points in the match players out-ran/easily caught up to him and closed him off to create any chances and we then loose possession.

And the fact spurs had a lot more chances, our defense line making 60+ clearances and them, from the looks if it, spurs had a lot more possession really drains my confidence of our midfield and attacking lines and certainly doesn't help appreciate Giroud's work that others see.

Thrillhouse's constant mentioning of arsenal as being mediocre/average is also persuasive.

We played on the counter for most of that game mate, Spurs had more of the ball because we let them have more of the ball. We actually caught out their high-line numerous times and if Ox had actually decided to bring his shooting boots we'd have been 3-0 up within 20 minutes, Spurs on the other hand had one great chance all game which was handed to them by Woj. Just coming off the Bayern game (away) we looked a little tired but managed to dig in and get a good result, can't really have too many complaints

A counter-attacking game makes life difficult for Giroud, he's not a pacy, mobile striker and is never going to succeed in that system. He's probably the best 'Target Man' in the EPL though, he holds it up brilliantly and brings his team-mates into the play quite well. Having him in the side allows guys like Ramsey, Cazorla, Podolski, Walcott, Ozil, Chamberlain and Rosicky to be contributing on the score sheet more.

Edited by King Malta

Get off fifa mate he's been focal in their season this year. Finally justifying the millions spent on him, and proving to be what they need upfront...

Still can't beat a man with the ball ala Henry, Bergkamp & RVP.

Quality finisher and fox in the box but that's not going to strike fear into opposition defenses especially when your supposed to be pushing for the title. I still think they need a world class striker and Giroud should just come off the bench when they need him.

We should certainly be shopping for a 'better' striker but Giroud cops way more flak than he deserves. He's done very well for us and would be a quality second option/competitor for a world class striker.

There seems to be a bit of 'FIFA Syndrome' going around where any striker that cannot turn and belt in a goal from 30 yards or dribble through 2 or 3 players is apparently shite. Not every forward is going to be an Aguero/Suarez

Edited by King Malta

Get off fifa mate he's been focal in their season this year. Finally justifying the millions spent on him, and proving to be what they need upfront... Still can't beat a man with the ball ala Henry, Bergkamp & RVP.

Quality finisher and fox in the box but that's not going to strike fear into opposition defenses especially when your supposed to be pushing for the title. I still think they need a world class striker and Giroud should just come off the bench when they need him. Not having a dig but I might point out that bar RVP, I've never seen a striker that's even come near the same mould as Henry and bergkamp... They are one in a million players and I honestly think as a striker who adds more than finishing giroud is what arsenal need in their formation. He is clinical when holding up the ball and letting the wingers overlap, a power in the air, and when he gets it on his left he ain't so bad either...

In terms of the dominant big man that arsenals formation need, I can't think of a better player that is realistic of playing at arsenal. He's a lot better than he gets credit for and puts in a shift every single week. Work ethic that you want from a centre forward....

• Like 2

Fucking ACG security guard sees my Arsenal jacket hanging over my arm as I'm about to leave the terrace yesterday.  OF COURSE he's a Chelsea fan, starts giggling his little face off and saying "Hahaha Arsenal" "Hahaha tough 24 hours you've had" "Hahaha, I'm a Chelsea fan".

I had to ragequit and walk out of the stadium before I smashed his face in.  And I'm a generally pacifist female. 

Edited by GabiBoyd

Clearing out my cupboard today (Mrs JW requires even more room)...I have two Arsenal home jerseys, mint, never worn, size L. One is I think genuine merchandise, and is the 2002 "O2" jersey. The other I don't think is genuine, but is very close to the 1998 "JVC" jersey.

Free to a good "Heart Gooner" home.

If you live in the Bayside/SE suburbs I can probably have them delivered, otherwise I can pack them up and post to you. For cost reasons I prefer that they stay together.

As I say, happy to see them go to a good home, no charge to you, no catches whatsoever. 

If any of you "Heart Gooners" are interested, please PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow we're fucking shit. Hopefully the end of the season we see the back of Vermaelen and Arteta, neither of them have looked like they care for anything other than picking up their pay cheque every week. Add Bendtner, Carzola and Monreal to that list as well. So many guys who have offered so little this season.

Wow we're fucking shit. Hopefully the end of the season we see the back of Vermaelen and Arteta, neither of them have looked like they care for anything other than picking up their pay cheque every week. Add Bendtner, Carzola and Monreal to that list as well. So many guys who have offered so little this season.

Loved how we played but you guys showed absolutely no heart whatsoever, I would be fuming if I was an Arsenal fan, we were literally taking the piss out of you for the last 15 minutes or so.