Arsenal_Hearted_Boy

this is what i reckon the team should be:

TBA

sagna laurent verm gibbs

ox wilshere

arteta

cazorla podolski

theo OR giroud

i reckon the 3 keepers now need to battle it out and show consistency, szesny is probably on top atm but im a big fan of mannone, and fabianski always seems to be injured at the wrong times, interesting if we get reina.. with the back four i think sagna deserves to start with what he has produced the last few seasons but jenkinson is someone we MUST keep and will continue to put pressure on sagna, once he gets that starting role he will be a huge part of our squad, we just need someone who can cover him, same with gibbs who has heaps of confidence and santos is just a flop. verm and laurent i belive is our strongest centre halfs, per mertsacker is solid but i believe can be abit slow and i for some reason get worried when he has the ball.

i know oxlade-chamberlain is fast and skillful and has been playing as a winger but i believe he strong and can pass the ball really well, he has even said that he would like to fill alex songs role in that holding position, and i believe wilshere next to him on his left will give our midfield a good balance even tho both like to attack i think our whole midfield is interchangeable when one can cover if the other wants to make a run to shock defenders. arteta for me is best infront of these two, this year he is playing more defencive and has taken it on really well but maybe he is what we need in the front third almost to set things up.

cazorla has played out on the right many times at malaga and villareal and even tho it says right wing i think like the old Arsenal all these players need to learn eachothers mentalities and be able to cover and rotate temporarily on the pitch like the days of pires and freddie where they wouldnt be restricted to the far sides but link up with vieira and silva and henry etc.

podolski is good on the left altho i like the sound of two strikers but lukas can again drift in and take on shots like that^^

theo is dying for a more central role like ox, but centre foward rather than centre mid. like ox he is fast and skilful and both a good on the wing, but like henry, being fast and skilful doesnt mean they always have to play there, i reckon give them the opportunity to play in their desired places and also put them on the wing when wenger thinks its right rather than having the 11 players locked in their positions, ive noticed podolski and theo sometimes swap from left to right. giroud obviously is class imo but needs competition for that cf like theo to get the very best out of him, leading scorer in france for the champions isnt bad, maybe we will somehow end up with two strikers up front before the seasons end.

with rosicky, diaby (if ever fit), ramsey (needs to perform, can be good), arshavin (who prob leave), gervinho, jenkinson, mertsacker, chamakh and even the man frimpong on the bench itching to get on the pitch.

this is just a different perspective not saying wenger should use it but he needs to change something up, i reckon we have a good squad but maybe need that defence minded player, not sure about arteta i think he is good there but better attacking, and maybe wilshere too needs to get up there, with the ox just a mere experiment i think is worth a try in a capital one match and u never no. i think we miss song just as much as van persie as we have learnt how to share the goals but there still seems a miscommunication between the defence and midfield, although van persie did help us alot, song was very important.

anyone have any other formations or first 11 different from the one we use now?

sorry about the lack of full stops etc cbf with that shit

The need for a genuine ball winning midfielder with a bit of bastard is again more evident than ever. Since we sold Vieira we haven't had the midfield enforcer that would win the ball back and lay it off to the more creative players, of which we have a shitload. We don't even need a world class ball winner, Diame from West Ham did the business on Chelsea with plenty of pressure and some rugged challenges on the weekend.

• Like 1

m'vila would be a good pick up, but he seems like he's got some personal issues and a bit of an ego problem. Can't see Wenger showing any interest in a player like that. We really need someone with some physical prescence who can win a ball in the air, with the rest of our midfielders being pygmys. Would also allow Arteta and Carzola to get a rest instead of having to play every 90, every week

lol yeah Arsenal struggle with youth :P

yeh true about m'vila, i wish diaby was a more defensive minded player like vieira who showed tall cdm players can be very good, although diaby is a good box to box midfielder.

it just makes u realise after he left liverpool how important and rare a player like xabi alonso really is, i reckon sell ramsey arshavin and chamakh (nothing is changing) and invest in an alonso TYPE player

After this mornings performance I'm sure Gervinho is just Christopher Wreh with a bigger forehead. He plays like a non-league footballer, with 1 piece of brilliance amongst a million errors. The sooner we rid ourselves of shit like Gervinho, Chamakh, Santos, Squillaci, etc, the better.

Meade showed that he was at least on the same level as Andre Santos and earning about a poofteenth of the wage. Le Coq needs to go out on loan to a Premier League team to see if he is up to standard when playing regularly.

• Like 1

yeah Maede played well, and yeah ive given up defending those players we need to offload them in jan and try and pick up something good. True, Le Coq for me can be an asset to the club a loan move like wilshere had would help in.

Fuck if we get Barca again at least we wont get our hopes up with a last minute bendtner one on one with valdes and fuck it up. we have gervinho for that now.

Couldn't give a fuck - If someone told me heading into the Napoli fixture that'd we win, and then go on to beat Barcelona and then Bayern in the final BUT then go out in the group stage of the following season's competition, I'd take it over losing in the Ro16 and not qualifying for this year's CL at all.

And just so you know, if you had our group you would've been knocked out too.

London's first, London's finest.

Edited by DutchPride

Kids? Who were your goal scorers? Hernandez? Nani?

fwiw, at 2-2 in the league game before we went down to 9, we were the only team looking like winning and everyone knew that, even with 10 we wouldn't have lost.

Yeah kids. Or are you forgetting the team that we on the pitch? Except Da Silva, Welbeck ( Kinda) and Hernandez our entire second team was our reserves or U21.

Lindegaard- Our second Goalie

Wooton and Keane- Both U21

Buttner- His 3rd game for us?

Powell- U21,3rd game for us

Anderson and Nani- Coming back from injury and Anderson can't last an entire game? Nani being sold?

Fletcher- He's been out for what, 12 months?

Giggs- He's 38.

Macheda-Shit.

Now let's look at your starting team.

Cech- Starting goalie, one of the best in the prem

Cahill and Luis- both starting CB's

Azpilicueta- Been playing a fair amount recently

Bertrant- Fresh blood, fair enoughh.

Romeu+ Oscar- Good players, who played a decent amont. Oscar has been carrying you.

Mikel and Ramires- Both starting players, amazing players and would take them if we had the chance.

Mata- Do I even need to say anything?

Moses- Impact sub, same as Chica.

Piazon and Sturridge- Fair enough, Pizon is shit, but Sturridge is the same as Welbeck.

Hazard- What did you pay 55m?

Second of all let's look at the game you mentioned,where you were supposed to win but yet our ref helped you? First of all it's not your fault that Torres dived, and note, I like Torres. Same with Ivanovic.

Edited by Vlad

Yeah kids. Or are you forgetting the team that we on the pitch? Except Da Silva, Welbeck ( Kinda) and Hernandez our entire second team was our reserves or U21.

Lindegaard- Our second Goalie

Wooton and Keane- Both U21

Buttner- His 3rd game for us?

Powell- U21,3rd game for us

Anderson and Nani- Coming back from injury and Anderson can't last an entire game?

Fletcher- He's been out for what, 12 months?

Giggs- He's 38.

Macheda-Shit.

So 3 are kids. You're making it out like we played our best possible team. Just so you know if you want to go by "kids" the average age of our side that match was like 22 ffs.

So 3 are kids. You're making it out like we played our best possible team. Just so you know if you want to go by "kids" the average age of our side that match was like 22 ffs.

Are you joking? 6 under 23's. Not couting Welbeck or Chica, or Ando at 24 . We had fucking Fletcher who's been out for over a year and Ryan Giggs playing an entire game and he's 38? Hazard cost 55m alone, you're team was full of starters? Edited by Vlad

Hazard didn't start champ. Don't know why you're so angry anyway.

I know he didn't start, but he came on during the game and considering how long the game was he pretty much played an entire game. You shouldn't be talking about anger,champ. Or have you forgotten your posts after the games and how you bash other teams? I'm actually relaxed.

40 minutes = 90 minutes, nice.

The game lasted 120 minutes? He came on in the 50th somethng minute? Considering the last goal was in the 120th minute isnt that a fair bit of time?

Chelsea vs Man United 0-1 ( Ryan Giggs goal v Chelsea 22′)

Chelsea vs Man Utd 1-1 ( David Luiz penalty goal v Man Utd 31′)

Chelsea v Man Utd 1-2 ( Chicharito goal v Chelsea 43′)

Chelsea vs Man U 2-2 ( Cahill goal vs Man United 52′)

Chelsea v Man Utd 2-3 ( Nani goal vs Chelsea 59′)

Chelsea vs Manchester United 3-3 ( Hazard penalty v Man U 90+4′)

Chelsea vs Manchester United 4-3 ( Sturridge goal vs Man United 97′)

Chelsea vs Manchester United 5-3 ( Ramires goal vs Man United 116′)

Chelsea vs Manchester United 5-4 ( Giggs penalty goal v Chelsea 120′

Edited by Vlad

2-0 win at home to W.B.A just papering over the cracks again. First penalty was a dive by Carzola and the 2nd probably should've been a free kick to W.B.A in the lead up. Gervinho was fucking abysmal yet again, how he carved up Ligue 1 I'll never know. On the positive side Jack was back to near his best in the middle and the defence looked pretty solid.

Only players we have who are genuine top 4 quality are: Sszczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Wilshere, Carzola and Podolski . Guys like Giroud, Ox, Gibbs, Walcott, Mertersacker & Arteta are good squad players with some great potential in Gibbs, Ox and Theo. But shit like Gervinho, Ramsey, Santos and co aren't top 10 quality. Kids like Coquelin and Frimpong will never be good enough, at least Jenkinson has shown some improvement this season, probably the only positive of this season.

Wenger needs to go, we used to play beautiful passing football that was admired worldwide, now we get played off the park on a regular basis. I can't think of a game we've dominated this season from start to finish.

• Like 1

Wenger has lost the drive and passion that he once had. His fueds with the FA, Fergie and co instilled a seige mentality amongst the squad. Regularly we'd go down to 10 men and still win games, now we struggle to control a game when the opposition is down to 10 men.

If the opportunity arose to get David Moyes in the club should make the move, he's hungry and passionate, things that Wenger was in the past. Seeing him come out in the press and continually defend the players is disgusting, most of the Arsenal players earn more in 1 week individually than the entire Bradford squad combined.

Heads need to roll, and it needs to start with Wenger.

Yeah not sure how reliable to the article is tbh.

But can see several reasons why he would come:

- the challenge of taking over one of what used to be the countries biggest clubs and taking it back to the top.

- the much noted 7 year trophy drought.

- has always spoken openly about how much he respects arsenal and every way they run the football club.

- if he chooses Chelsea, he may get like a whole 63minutes in charge before he is sacked, so not sure that would excite him much.

- Cant see Fergie retiring any time soon tbh no matter what the papers say.

- Wage budget is nearly nothing like Barca's.

- Not sure why the trophy drought has anything to do with realistic goals, and once again my first point comes into this, it's near impossible for you to win anything major if you're going to continue your current model.

IF he chooses Chelsea, Abramovich imo wouldn't be like what he is with previous managers - when he wants something, he wants them over everything - the prime example being Torres, he's been at the club 2 years now and nothing has been indicated that he is becoming impatient with Torres, I personally think if Pep was appointed, he would be in the same situation - he'd be a priority, more important than anything else at the Football Club and would be given a lot longer, as he's wanted him since it was revealed he would be leaving Barca.

Agree about United, he's still definitely there for over 5 years AT LEAST.

I'm not saying I want Pep more than anyone else, because I'd rather Jose, but I do think regardless of our history when it comes to manager's and our recent debacle's, Chelsea or BAYERN MUNICH are his best options, it all comes down to if Pep is willing to manage in Germany at the moment, and I don't think he is.

• 3 weeks later...