Melbourne Football

A-league fantasy 12/13

fastfly100

Option A for me.

Yeah thanks Jimmy, thats what i changed it too. ADP at this stage is no certainty to be better than Smeltz or Berisha at 300K and allows me to get 2 better defenders in really.

ADP will be great for the league and will no doubt do very well but he would need to score about 140+ points to justify that price which is large

Plus if one of Emerton, ADP or Culina (if he signs obvs) gets injured or suspended and I can SFC getting shit in a hurry and the goals will dry up.

I would think it would be pretty hard to fit all 3 inside the cap? or would Culina be forced to take a big pay cut with his injury ect?

Also can you explain how it works with Marquees. ADP will be the International Marquee but is there another Asian/Australian Marquee or am i just imagining things? i owuld have thought this was Emertons spot?

Thanks

You'd think Culina wouldn't be asking for much considering he has one knee and hasn't played in 12+ months, but wouldn't surprise me if he still thinks he's worth marquee wages.

Also can you explain how it works with Marquees. ADP will be the International Marquee but is there another Asian/Australian Marquee or am i just imagining things? i owuld have thought this was Emertons spot?

Thanks

Every club gets 3 Marquee spots in their roster whose wages are outside the cap. One is for international players like your ADP and your Fowlers. The second is for Australian players like your Harry Kewells and Emertons and the third is for youth players which is for players like Antonis but I'm not sure how often this is used. Also the International Marquee spot can be used on Australians so you could hypothetically have Kewell and Cahill outside the cap.

So Sydney's set up would be International: ADP Australian: Emerton and Youth: Antonis. With a hypothetical Culina being paid under the cap.

Edited by Jimmy

You'd think Culina wouldn't be asking for much considering he has one knee and hasn't played in 12+ months, but wouldn't surprise me if he still thinks he's worth marquee wages.

Every club gets 3 Marquee spots in their roster whose wages are outside the cap. One is for international players like your ADP and your Fowlers. The second is for Australian players like your Harry Kewells and Emertons and the third is for youth players which is for players like Antonis but I'm not sure how often this is used. Also the International Marquee spot can be used on Australians so you could hypothetically have Kewell and Cahill outside the cap.

So Sydney's set up would be International: ADP Australian: Emerton and Youth: Antonis. With a hypothetical Culina being paid under the cap.

Yep so i was close, didnt know about the youth one, any idea what age that goes upto? 18-21?

A) Flores, Broich and Berisha,

B) Flores, Broich and Smeltz,

C) Flores, Berisha and Smeltz, or

D) Broich, Berisha and Smeltz?

I would go with D personally.

I think you will get more from strikers than mids, and then you still get Broich, not sure how Flores will fit in at MV or how they will look with Ange tbh at this stage.

He will do well to train the shitness they displayed last year out of that sqaud imo.

i have questions about three players.

Burns - too many yellows and will not get a lot of points for goals and assists

Miller - probably the pick of the litter, will provide Smeltz with a lot of assists

Zahra - probably going to be used off the bench, Dodd has the right side of the pitch sewn up

Antonis - a lot will depend on what SFC's forward structure works like, has all the creativity and skill but was passing it to Cazarine and Bridge last season for little reward.

• Like 1

4 days to go... join the MHFC Leagues:

Fox Sports league here: 340-147, H2H 340-149 (http://aleaguefantasy.foxsports.com.au)

HAL Official league here: 251943 (http://fantasy.footb...stralia.com.au/)

Fox Sports:

Necevski

Zwaanswijk - Neville - Ciara

Broich © - Flores - Rogic - Finkler

Berisha - Smeltz - Del Piero (VC)

(Jenjetovic, Gerhardt, Golec, Polzen)

Official HAL:

Galekovic

Zwaanswijk - Van Den Brink - Thwaite

Broich © - Flores - Vidosic - Finkler

Smeltz - Del Piero (VC) - Ibini

(Izzo, Gerhardt, Heffernan, Mooy)

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/victory-kicking-off-with-new-look-20121001-26vrw.html

"LAWRENCE Thomas will start between the posts for Melbourne Victory in the season opener against Melbourne Heart on Friday night.

Coach Ange Postecoglou yesterday said the 20-year-old had got the nod over Tando Velaphi mainly because he felt Thomas would be more comfortable with the style of playing out from the back that he wants his team to use this year."

Pretty good option for second keeper IMO.

Hi Joshua,

We’ll do our best! We’re certainly aware of Ryo Nagai’s signing, and but his registration didn’t actually come through until yesterday, so he technically wasn’t part of the Perth Glory squad until then.

Anyway, we hope you’re as excited about the start of the A-League season as we are?

Thanks for getting in touch,

FOX SPORTS Digital