Melbourne Football

Elimination Final 2 - Week 1 - Perth v Melbourne

LR9

Yep, that's right. Madaschi is a much better organizer that Colosimo, we never would have conceded 3 goals as we have kept our shape better and he would have had less space. Trouble is he still has 1more year on his contract so we are stuck with him. Given his injury history we'll be relying a lot more on Good and Hammill unless we sign an experienced CB.

The NIB atmosphere was terrible for 70 minutes tonight, no atmosphere in the first half and the Shed have few chants, no banners. Lifeless. Our team took their cue from the Shed unfortunately. The wind made it difficult but it was the same for both teams.

Not that disappointed with being knocked out of the finals tbh. Sure the performance was shite but we weren't going to win anything this year anyway. At least an average season is over and we can look forward to next year.

The NIB atmosphere was terrible for 70 minutes tonight, no atmosphere in the first half and the Shed have few chants, no banners. Lifeless.

Every club except Victory, Sydney and Heart have incredibly shit fans to be honest.

• Like 1

A couple of things;

1. Disguising performance, if I knew we would play like that in a final I would have sacked JVS half way through the season. I'm pretty happy he didn't decide to sign on for next season to be honest.

2. Worm is the biggest spastic of a player I have ever seen, and this match just proves that. But I guess it comes back to JVS subing him on at half-time doesn't it? Anyway what I'm saying is Worm should never play in red and white stripes after this season!

And he won’t.

Seriously we really finished 6/9 as u can’t count GCU: A League finals are seriously retarded.

We should not of been ever there considering our ladder position equates to getting 33% or D on a test.

Edited by cadete

Ok, so we lost with a piss poor performance. Can't always win. I'm suprised with some of the comments saying we didn't deserve to be in the finals, we were making up numbers etc etc. Does CCM deserve to win the plate after we smashed them at our ground but lost 1-0? It's expected that teams who play at home are going to win. Perth Glory played with class. Their attacking half is probably one of the best when all players are fit. Looking forward to next season.

Ok, so we lost with a piss poor performance. Can't always win. I'm suprised with some of the comments saying we didn't deserve to be in the finals, we were making up numbers etc etc. Does CCM deserve to win the plate after we smashed them at our ground but lost 1-0? It's expected that teams who play at home are going to win. Perth Glory played with class. Their attacking half is probably one of the best when all players are fit. Looking forward to next season.

CC finished on the top of the ladder, top of the class.

We finished with 5 sides on top of us and 4 below us (If you count GCU) that Is a “Fail” where I went to school.

Alongside this with a sport as Lucky/Unlucky as football it’s a bit of a mugs game making an argument by isolating one or two of sides performances. Context is always needed.

I really think Perth should not have had to waste their time playing us TBH.

• Like 1

Bunch of miserable c*nts, aren't you all?

We're two years old. A week ago we were all over the moon to have even gotten to finals. I don't see how that achievement is diminished whatsoever. Next season we aim for more. Simples.

Having said that, I think the scoreline flattered Perth. Immensely.

• Like 1

We're two years old. A week ago we were all over the moon to have even gotten to finals. I don't see how that achievement is diminished whatsoever. Next season we aim for more. Simples.

What are you talking about?

I have consistently said for way longer than a season that making the finals is not a achievement but should be a perquisite for any A League club.

What is the achievement that people are downplaying?

The only thing we achieved this year was to finish on top of Newcastle – Who like us played some good football and some bad football in patches this year.

As for the rest: GCU no longer exist.

Adel Utd season was so poor that until the last round it was still possible for them to finish lower than a club that no longer exists.

Whilst MV had a season from hell, and were also out of real finals contention weeks before their season ended.

Generally pretty happy with life overall sorry Gobi, until I think of the sinking ship of a club that I feel passionate about then I'm not so happy.

Also I much prefer the so called miserable cunts in here, as you so eloquently put it. These are the ones that are also clearly passionate about the club and want to share their opinion. I don't agree with all but that's life, much rather them than your prolific posting ability.

Speak for yourself thankyou. I've developed a nasty Flexeril habit trying to get thru this year's performances. The inevitability of how it was all going to end could have finished a week early for health reasons.

Honestly I feel it was about spot on although maybe biased as I backed overs and Perth to win.

Edited by downbylaw

I agree. There are 2 ways to approach setting up a club, you can buy instant success or build structures into the club around philosophy and development that are more likely to lead to sustained success. MV has gone the first route, we have gone the second. Of course those 2 models aren't exclusive and usually there's going to be a mix of the 2 but with limits on salary and squad size, a club is going to have to bet it's hand on leaning more towards one approach or the other at some stage. Have some faith in the process, it's been shown to work in many other places, there's nothing special about us that it won't yield dividends here too. We are probably 2 or three good players short or being serious contenders, off-season recruiting will be very crucial, the mistake signing Maycon has cost us all year. We also have some vulnerabilities like our reliance on Fred, if he's injured or not playing well then the whole team balance suffers disproportionately.

I saw the players at Perth Airport this morning. They all looked like somebody had died and that wasn't only a reflection on the poor quality of Perth airport coffee! Our task is to use that experience in a transformative way to make us stronger next season. They did try their best it just wasn't good enough on the day.

People have got to stop thinking recruiting Maycon was major part of where things went wrong this year.

Maycon was recruited as gamble, hence he got only a one year contract and was a paid a base salary.

At least the guy revealed he could not play early and stopped us persisting with him pretty quickly, unlike Williams who seem to get heavier and heavier and Hoff who some who earned himself a new contract.

We have a limited number of import spots, we wasted one with Maycon. Meanwhile Madaschi was cooling his heels waiting for MV to make up their minds on whether they would sign him.....

We could have signed Robbie Pires who wanted to play here, he would have scored more than 1 goal! The problem is that when you have a limited squad size you can't afford to carry passengers. Maycon wasn't the only problem but he was a big part of the problem.

• Like 1

We have a limited number of import spots, we wasted one with Maycon. Meanwhile Madaschi was cooling his heels waiting for MV to make up their minds on whether they would sign him.....

We could have signed Robbie Pires who wanted to play here, he would have scored more than 1 goal! The problem is that when you have a limited squad size you can't afford to carry passengers. Maycon wasn't the only problem but he was a big part of the problem.

If you want to pin blame on individual signings then it should be pinned on giving a player who received a 3 year deal with one of the biggest salaries at MH to play NYL.

Rather than the signing of a player with a 1 year deal on spare change to do the same whose now gone.

This is what i like reading! knowing your better than how you played and urging your team mates to lift. albeit a bit late, but showing emotion and determination is what keeps the people around you wanting to give 100%.

hamill's version of FIRE UP CUNTS! lol.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Hamill-Calls-Up-Youngsters-To-Stand-Up/46669

Disappointing effort by the whole team.

Shit, we all know that don't we?!

Objective was to make finals......we did. (and as a final 6 out of 10 teams may see it as no real sense, it could be 9 next season!)

We get belted 3-0 elimination final away.

Next objective.

Improve the squad,

Get a home final if we can't crack top 2?

I hope we improve again.

Had some knob tell me Monday we were shit, finished 6th n got spanked 3-0, yet his Fuctree won the title in their 2nd season.

Every fucking team was in their 2nd season, and

we don't have a wank like Harry trying to run things his way etc.

Blah blah fuckin blah

The NIB atmosphere was terrible for 70 minutes tonight, no atmosphere in the first half and the Shed have few chants, no banners. Lifeless. Our team took their cue from the Shed unfortunately. The wind made it difficult but it was the same for both teams.

Sure you can understand why i'll never support that shit hole of a club despite where I live. "The Shed" is the problem with Perth Glory, it is controlled by a bunch of old miserable cunts who frown on any display of support outside of the same five or six chants they have done for ten years now. Seriously "You fat bastard, you're shit?" Shows how simple the cunts are when they haven't got bored of it after doing it every game for their entire existence.

As bad as this sounds, its the fact that the people that make up the shed are either a)Miserable old British cunts or b )Social outcasts who seem to have found somewhere to fit in, that means anyone who would consider wanting to be an active supporter would never bother.

I still go to Glory games occasionally just to watch some football and there are plenty of kids there who would make a great active support section but any attempts at doing so are quickly squashed by the aforementioned people involved in the shed. I went to the Glory v Tards game and a group of kids who were either Serb, Croat or Maco started a chant between them and there mates and I shit you not they were told to "shut up with that wog shit". So much for FFA's model for non-ethnic clubs. While there may be other cultures attending the games they aren't all included anything like the way they were at the games i've been to in Melbourne or Sydney, if the same type of active support had been allowed to flourish at Glory from inception they would probably have double the regular active support they have now. Alas apparently clearly anglo styles of support is non-ethnic.

It is essentially be quiet so we can hurl abuse at the pitch and then once or twice a half we will do JCGE or Winter Wonderland and At the beggining of the half that Glory are playing to the Shed end we will do "Hey Glory, I wanna know if you'll score a goal in front of the shed ". I've probably been to two or three glory games a year for the last ten years and it's still the same shit every week.

Edited by perthheart

Sure you can understand why i'll never support that shit hole of a club despite where I live. "The Shed" is the problem with Perth Glory, it is controlled by a bunch of old miserable cunts who frown on any display of support outside of the same five or six chants they have done for ten years now. Seriously "You fat bastard, you're shit?" Shows how simple the cunts are when they haven't got bored of it after doing it every game for their entire existence.

Its pretty sad how bad it has got now, not sure what has changed as I havent lived in Perth for 5 years or something but they used to be pretty witty and creative with a lot of their chants.