Melbourne Football

Forum Registration

KD.

OK, I can only apologise but I am not aware that I have done any browsing or other activity that might have lead to this.

About 12-18 months ago I had another e-mail address that was compromised, and it took me three days or so to get around that and the mailbox in question was subsequently deleted. At the time I also changed to Google Chrome rather than IE. I have security running all the time.

Edit: Just checked my security record. A virus called "Exploit" was detected and removed on 20th November. Maybe that's the cause?

All for registration, passwords etc. etc. if this will help protect the Forum from unwanted activity.

Edited by jw1739

I didn't see the post in question, as I just deleted all the posts made by each spammer at once, but I don't think you have anything to worry about jw. I think they might just be mentioning random usernames to appear more legitimate rather than as spammers (even though it's still very obvious to everyone lol).

I'm looking into the spammer issue now and I'll see what can be done.

I didn't see the post in question, as I just deleted all the posts made by each spammer at once, but I don't think you have anything to worry about jw. I think they might just be mentioning random usernames to appear more legitimate rather than as spammers (even though it's still very obvious to everyone lol).

Thanks for the reassurance mate. Much appreciated.

Truly there are some fine people on here.

thanks tesla

We have been getting too many of these accounts being made:

Cactawdafecam

Is it possible for mods or whoever to have to accept registrations before people start posting to avoid these things from happening?

along with this, might i add another suggestion. Too many topics/threads are being made for no reason. can we make this another thing mods have to accept before being posted?

Edited by Demon_Heart
  • Like 1

We have been getting too many of these accounts being made:

Cactawdafecam

Is it possible for mods or whoever to have to accept registrations before people start posting to avoid these things from happening?

along with this, might i add another suggestion. Too many topics/threads are being made for no reason. can we make this another thing mods have to accept before being posted?

Particularly John Aloisi Threads