Melbourne Football

Assistant Manager: Joe Palatsides

Jake

A week ago ozsportsinsider said Aloisi's assistant team would be Kenny Lowe, Hayden Foxe and Ron Smith.

Now he's on to Joe Palatsides.

I guess that if you throw out enough names one of them must be right in the end.

Actually the whole charade is p*ssing me off now. It's no longer funny. Club appears incapable of making a decision.

According to the list on Wikipedia, his last club (Apollon Kalamarius) in Greece now plays in the Greek 'third tier' - Greek Football League 2. The one before that was Anagennisi Karditsa in the Regional League.

Doesn't look over-qualified to me.

Agreed. All the club can tell us today is 'Stand by for an Access-All-Areas on the practice match yesterday' and that Jonaton Germano is now on Twitter.

AFAIK the A-League is not going to be won on Access-all-Areas or Twitter.

As a paid-up member for 2012-13 I feel I deserve more than patronising crap like that.

Agreed. All the club can tell us today is 'Stand by for an Access-All-Areas on the practice match yesterday' and that Jonaton Germano is now on Twitter.

AFAIK the A-League is not going to be won on Access-all-Areas or Twitter.

As a paid-up member for 2012-13 I feel I deserve more than patronising crap like that.

I agree. This club deserves an A+ for disassociating itself with the fans by lack of information. In a digital age, it cost nothing to give supporters something.

I have another suggestion regarding releasing members of the heart. I suggest releasing their entire marketing department!

Sorry jw1749 but I reached my like quoted for the day.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know what has happened with Joe?

Why isn't he coaching our youth team in the NPL?  Has he left the club??

I wouldn't read anything into Palatsides not coaching the NPL side/s. I'm pretty certain at many A-League clubs the NYL coach doesn't coach the NPL sides.

Joe probably got a bonus and is enjoying a well deserved holiday, while new coach Joe Montemurro is cutting his teeth coaching at City with the NPL jobs before he takes over the Melbourne City W-League side.

• Like 1