Melbourne Football

Cycling thread/ tour de france

salzy

they're simply going on a potentially corruptible system of former teammates' allegations without evidence.

surely 10 - 12 team mates saying they watched him do it, as well as acknowledging they also did it, is hard evidence.

He cheated, him pulling out just before it all ended is evidence enough.

"Today I turn the page. I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances. I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities,"

^^ what a load.

in other stories, solid performance from green edge rider Simon Clarke in the vuelta, strong finish, buried Tony Martin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So what did Armstrong do for the powers that be to decide to ruin him?

Meanwhile, good to see the general public is still being successfully indoctrinated into believing that their favorite athlete isn't using performance enhancing drugs icon_thumbup.gif

Look, mate. Just because they don't test after futsal matches doesn't mean you're not cheating the comp and yourself.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Looking at upgrading my current bike (Old Road Bike drop Handles with Gears down on the frame, Pad Breaks. Brand might be SP(if that actually means anything)? bacically an unmarked bike, Light as hell) To a Flat Bar road bike.

Anyone know some decent bikes sitting between 800-1.5k? Pretty much after a everyday rider (10kms each trip), Or as the bike i own is fairly decent, perhaps I should look at moding it to a Flat Bar.

• 10 months later...

I wonder how many of them will be on drugs this year? I reckon 4 this year :up:

I'd put my money on the larger majority of individual athletes being on performance enhancing drugs in one way or the other, however cycling goes over the top with it.

We Are Essendon... We Are Essendon...

Pretty interesting claim, i suppose you have some evidence to back it up outside of caro wilson articles? :hmm:

And wasn't Dank employed by Geelong anyway? Pretty interesting that you have your most successful period in your clubs history when he's there, but thats just a coincidence right? :)

*FWIW I really enjoy watching the tour,but its just a shame that all the drug cheats have ruined it.

A cheeky little nod to Nibali this year, loved his work in the Giro, but I'm not sure if his team would have enough to get him over the hills.

Yeah Nibali is my personal fave but some reason I've got a feeling about Contador this year. Froome struggled in the Dauphine but who knows if it was just smoke screens or not.

Does anyone know if Sammy Sanchez is riding this year?

Pretty interesting claim, i suppose you have some evidence to back it up outside of caro wilson articles? :hmm:

And wasn't Dank employed by Geelong anyway? Pretty interesting that you have your most successful period in your clubs history when he's there, but thats just a coincidence right? :)

*FWIW I really enjoy watching the tour,but its just a shame that all the drug cheats have ruined it.

1. I think there is just a little bit more evidence going around these days than the few articles Caroline Wilson wrote which she won prestigious awards for... :droy:

2. If there was any evidence behind you stupid claim about Geelong dont think it would have been discussed at least once in the media the past year? :droy:

You cheated the Salary Cap to win the 1993 flag and got away with but your not going get away with cheating this time Champ. :up:

Sky are scared of Contador. It's a fact.
I can't see anyone other than Froome or Contador really having the chance of winning (Valverde will burn out, Nibali probably won't have the support).

Michael Matthews injured himself in training, possibly won't make the team.
Christian Meier being flown to Manchester just in case.

Be interesting to see if Cavendish makes a play for the green jersey by going after some intermediates. Sagan always smashes em so id love to see a genuine competition between the two for the overall sprinters jersey. Don't think I will though.

Be interesting to see if Cavendish makes a play for the green jersey by going after some intermediates. Sagan always smashes em so id love to see a genuine competition between the two for the overall sprinters jersey. Don't think I will though.

Highly unlikely.

Sagan is a much more rounded rider, and Cav would be unlikely to claim the jersey even if he went for the intermediates.

Sagan is nowhere near as quick as Cav on the dead flats, but he is stronger at pretty much everything else.

More interested to see Cav/Kittel/Greipel going at it, with a bit of young blood on the side (disappointed Demare isn't going though).

Super-late-edit: Realised Demare IS racing.  :up:

Edited by Baresi

Highly unlikely.

Sagan is a much more rounded rider, and Cav would be unlikely to claim the jersey even if he went for the intermediates.

Sagan is nowhere near as quick as Cav on the dead flats, but he is stronger at pretty much everything else.

More interested to see Cav/Kittel/Greipel going at it, with a bit of young blood on the side (disappointed Demare isn't going though)

Admittedly it will take Cavendish winning almost every flat sprint but yeah would be nice to see. I enjoy Greipel winning just cos the cunt goes bezerk every time he wins and looks genuinely scary in the process of doing so.

1. I think there is just a little bit more evidence going around these days than the few articles Caroline Wilson wrote which she won prestigious awards for... :droy:

2. If there was any evidence behind you stupid claim about Geelong dont think it would have been discussed at least once in the media the past year? :droy:

You cheated the Salary Cap to win the 1993 flag and got away with but your not going get away with cheating this time Champ. :up:

1. Yeah prestigous awards for writing probably the most bias articles in footy history. Fucking amazing :clap: Not the hardest of jobs to write shit about essendon and win an award for it when theres so many essendon haters like yourself out their who jerk off to this shit. All she does is write shit about hird and essendon knowing they can't respond, it's basically like sucker punching someone. All she wants is for the club and all involved to basically accept all punishments without defending themselves just because she knows a few 'facts'. Fuck what lawyers have been telling us, go carro :up: Good thing  she's got people like sam lane backing her up :droy:

2 Its not a stupid claim because Dank DID work their, it just that attacking Geelong isn't very sexy is it? Who wants to read the front page of the news with'ASADA attacks Geelong? No ones buying that paper, but essendon on the other people like yourself can't get enough it. Gold coast also employed him but did we ever hear any investigation or news about that? 

Don't even know what to say to your last comment, another claim you can't back up with any evidence whatsoever but thats fine, i would expect that out of someone who read caro wilson articles. We're not 'getting away' with it, we've done nothing wrong and we'll win, you watch :)

1. Yeah prestigous awards for writing probably the most bias articles in footy history. Fucking amazing :clap: Not the hardest of jobs to write shit about essendon and win an award for it when theres so many essendon haters like yourself out their who jerk off to this shit. All she does is write shit about hird and essendon knowing they can't respond, it's basically like sucker punching someone. All she wants is for the club and all involved to basically accept all punishments without defending themselves just because she knows a few 'facts'. Fuck what lawyers have been telling us, go carro :up: Good thing she's got people like sam lane backing her up :droy:

2 Its not a stupid claim because Dank DID work their, it just that attacking Geelong isn't very sexy is it? Who wants to read the front page of the news with'ASADA attacks Geelong? No ones buying that paper, but essendon on the other people like yourself can't get enough it. Gold coast also employed him but did we ever hear any investigation or news about that?

Don't even know what to say to your last comment, another claim you can't back up with any evidence whatsoever but thats fine, i would expect that out of someone who read caro wilson articles. We're not 'getting away' with it, we've done nothing wrong and we'll win, you watch :)1. I don't give a fuck about Essendon... Nobody does.

Maybe if u had beaten us more than once in the past seven years or even won a final in the time I would care but you haven't because you are over hyped club who recruits over hyped players. :up:

2. Are you a Special person? :hmm:

3. I am dead serious about two because it's a simple famous fact that Essendon got caught cheating the salary cap in 1993 look it up kid.

Edited by cadete

We Are Essendon... We Are Essendon... Pretty interesting claim, i suppose you have some evidence to back it up outside of caro wilson articles? :hmm:

*FWIW I really enjoy watching the tour,but its just a shame that all the drug cheats have ruined it. 1. I think there is just a little bit more evidence going around these days than the few articles Caroline Wilson wrote which she won prestigious awards for... :droy:

You cheated the Salary Cap to win the 1993 flag and got away with but your not going get away with cheating this time Champ. :up: 1. Yeah prestigous awards for writing probably the most bias articles in footy history. Fucking amazing :clap: Not the hardest of jobs to write shit about essendon and win an award for it when theres so many essendon haters like yourself out their who jerk off to this shit. All she does is write shit about hird and essendon knowing they can't respond, it's basically like sucker punching someone. All she wants is for the club and all involved to basically accept all punishments without defending themselves just because she knows a few 'facts'. Fuck what lawyers have been telling us, go carro :up: Good thing she's got people like sam lane backing her up :droy:

Don't even know what to say to your last comment, another claim you can't back up with any evidence whatsoever but thats fine, i would expect that out of someone who read caro wilson articles. We're not 'getting away' with it, we've done nothing wrong and we'll win, you watch :) 1. I don't give a fuck about Essendon... Nobody does.

Maybe if u had beaten us more than once in the past seven years or even won a final in the time I would care but you haven't because you are over hyped club who recruits over hyped players. :up:

2. Are you a Special person? :hmm:

3. I am dead serious about two because it's a simple famous fact that Essendon got caught cheating the salary cap in 1993 look it up kid.

For the sake of the thread i won't talk about it anymore, maybe you can pm me some proof of this essendon cheating 'allegations' that your making  ^_^

Any aussie's this year with a shot to win it this year? Seems after Cadel evens demise outside of going for greenedge we don't have any good riders coming through.