Melbourne Football

Hip Hop & Grime

Tesla

Anyone listened to Wolf by Tyler yet?

Came out last week.

Very solid.

Disagree, it's just a completely uninteresting, uninspired and uninventive album. What made OF different was how over the top and rediculous they were, and for all the bad said about Goblin at least it seemed to have a clear purpose and style that was conveyed across the songs. This is really just a long (70 minutes ffs) and really poorly sequenced album without any clear idea or motive being expressed over the 17 iirc songs. It's just a mess of an album, and flat out boring at times - lyrically and technically Tyler isn't strong enough to make good of his weaker beats.

If it was released by any other up and coming rapper it would almost be ignored completely and slip well into obscurity in a few months.

There's some good songs in there though, don't mind Pigs at all.

Earl's should be better hopefully.

Anyone listened to Wolf by Tyler yet?

Came out last week.

Very solid.

Disagree, it's just a completely uninteresting, uninspired and uninventive album. What made OF different was how over the top and rediculous they were, and for all the bad said about Goblin at least it seemed to have a clear purpose and style that was conveyed across the songs. This is really just a long (70 minutes ffs) and really poorly sequenced album without any clear idea or motive being expressed over the 17 iirc songs. It's just a mess of an album, and flat out boring at times - lyrically and technically Tyler isn't strong enough to make good of his weaker beats.

If it was released by any other up and coming rapper it would almost be ignored completely and slip well into obscurity in a few months.

There's some good songs in there though, don't mind Pigs at all.

Earl's should be better hopefully.

I think it's a case of Tyler building Tyler, not being the same person we already knew.

He's developing a semi-thoughtful style to accompany his outlandish one.

I, for one, really enjoy this album.

The production is great, and I've never heard Tyler flow so well.

The fact that he isn't so over-the-top and ridiculous doesn't detract from the quality at all, because he's still aggressive and rash.

Also has added more character development and storytelling over the course of the album, so it's not just plain trash talk.

Not saying it's fantastic, but it is a good album.

What y'all talking about Tyler for when dat new Cudi has leaked?

http://newalbumreleases.net/53982/kid-cudi-indicud-2013/

Downloading now, hopefully this is the first Cudi album that wasn't worse than the previous,

Before his first album > first album >>>> second album > WZRD

That is EXACTLY why I'm not talking about Cudi.

His albums have been so bad that I barely want to hear anything from him ever again.

• Like 1

Just catching up on the XXL Freshman List being released, controversy surrounding Logic being chosen because he is apparently unknown. Awkward that he is at least twice as good as every other rapper on that list apart from Ab-Soul :up:

As always I have to check out the few artists on the list I haven't really been following, I dont usually listen to female rappers but Angel Haze is dope as fuck

• Like 1

Just catching up on the XXL Freshman List being released, controversy surrounding Logic being chosen because he is apparently unknown. Awkward that he is at least twice as good as every other rapper on that list apart from Ab-Soul :up:

As always I have to check out the few artists on the list I haven't really been following, I dont usually listen to female rappers but Angel Haze is dope as fuck

Lol.

Ab, Schoolboy, Dizzy > Logic >>> Rest.

• 2 weeks later...