Melbourne Football

Hip Hop & Grime

Tesla

J.cole's new album Born Sinner has been leaked get on it!

Finally got to grabbing this, first impression is its good, but still not hitting his potential ffs.

J COLE Y U NO GOAT CONTENDER YET????

This was dope though, not sure about the sample, but at least he did his thing on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3xvsDXYpY4

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Not minding Yeezus. Still think his older stuffs better but Bound 2 is probably my favuorite track on it, The sample he usses in it is class and it sounds a bit more like his older stuff. 

Rediscovered this track the other day came up on shuffle on my ipod. Used to play it a lot and am playing it a lot again King Kendrick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G0w3N-k91E

Not minding Yeezus. Still think his older stuffs better but Bound 2 is probably my favuorite track on it, The sample he usses in it is class and it sounds a bit more like his older stuff.

Yeezus transcends genres. The reason people are so mad over this album is because they are looking for that hip hop sound, and they aren't getting it (apart from Bound 2), and this is severely clouding their judgment on what is a great album.

Fact of the matter is, Kanye West is a genius who is the only mainstream musical artist that has the right to call himself an artist :up:

Always bringing that creativity, always delivering something new, always pushing boundaries.

R.A. The Rugged Man - Legends Never Die....album of the year (so far)

http://youtu.be/HWzYIpUZCk8

http://youtu.be/G5v2ePtIH6w

RA The Rugged Man - Delivered 1 GOAT level verse in his career, but everything else he has done is just boring to me like this stuff.

Yeezus transcends genres. The reason people are so mad over this album is because they are looking for that hip hop sound, and they aren't getting it (apart from Bound 2), and this is severely clouding their judgment on what is a great album.

Fact of the matter is, Kanye West is a genius who is the only mainstream musical artist that has the right to call himself an artist :up:

Always bringing that creativity, always delivering something new, always pushing boundaries.

It's a great album but it seems directionless and unfinished at times, which is my only problem with it, especially compared to MBDTF.

Also 10/10 to Kanye for making a relatively  shortish album, i can't stand how fucking long some releases are these days.

Also 10/10 to Kanye for making a relatively  shortish album, i can't stand how fucking long some releases are these days.

100% agree, to many 'filler' tracks on a lot of albums.

RA The Rugged Man - Delivered 1 GOAT level verse in his career, but everything else he has done is just boring to me like this stuff.

Take it your not much of a Action Bronson/Guilty Simpson/Apathy fan either? Don't mind me some bronson, but not the others. My taste in hip hop changes a lot, there was a time when I would have been a big fan of those tracks you posted but just seems a bit boring to me these days..

Edited by Tesla

Acid Rap

Listened to a few tracks when it was released and it had a lot of hype, and didn't like it much. Downloaded the other day and after a few listens it has really grown on me. His voice and style is a bit of an acquired taste. Was the Ab-Soul track that made me download it, didn't realise there was a track with CG also, otherwise it would have instantly been downloaded TBH.

Really its Ab-Soul and CG that have the best verses on this mixtape, good selection of features (bronson and the girl on one of the tracks that i've never heard of also good), but this is definitely a good mixtape.

• Like 2