Melbourne Football

MLS(Major League Soccer)

dRoy

by guide I mean the electronic one whilst watching TV as these are just from the games ive stumbled across so far. the Soccer one was an MLS game of the week with NY Redbulls & some other team mid last week, the MLS listed game was this mornings LA galaxy game.

• 10 months later...

Picking the underdogs of the league is one thing of mine, but picking the underdogs with supposedly the best support group in the league is probably the ultimate persuasion for me to support Portland timbers.

Thats probs a good choice then. Shit team that hasn't ever made finals but probably the best supporters. (Only rivalled by Montreal and Seattle)

Being a yank, I follow the league quite closely but i dont follow a team in it. But soon i will when Orlando City get a team (which is where im from)

Also did anyone catch the Seattle-Tigres champions league game? Some great goals in it, i'd recommend you check it out. Btw, Seattle lost the 1st leg 1-0

• Like 1

Portland look the goods and hopefully they will get the results to match their support soon.

Here is something that was posted in the Heart 2012-13 Membership thread by JW1739:

http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/776-2012-13-membership/page-12#entry51791

Or for just the article:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/37140/the-portland-timbers-reserve-league-is-sort-of-insane

These smaller stadiums look great, sold out each week. Around 20000 capacity, great atmosphere.

Here Montreal is playing away against Sporting Kansas City. Whilst I wasn't happy with the result it is fantastic to see the game taking off in the USA. Back in the mid nineties Aus and the US were in my opinion on par. I Think over the past 10 years or so the quality and promotion of the game in the States has gone from strength to strength whilst in Aus things have been more cautious as is shown in the A-League and the World Cup and Asian Cup matches.

As mentioned before the rant, here are the highlights:

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2013/03/highlights-sporting-kc-2-0-montreal-impact

This afternoon I watched Portland host Houston.

My interest was in Andrew Driver who used to play for Hearts and now plays for Houston, and Donovan Ricketts who used to play for Montreal but now plays for Portland.

Another great crowd with great atmosphere:

Looking at the "active" area, it would be great to see the whole Yarra End like this (flags etc.) at Heart games!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...