Melbourne Football

The Tolgay Arslan thread

jw1739

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Dirty rat. Hope his fowls die. Same trick as Sakhi played.

He’s called a rat when the club breaks their promises? It’s not like he didn’t live up to it last season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

It’s literally just there in the article posted to which presumably you called him a rat.

He wanted an extension to his contract a year early is the story. Why should the club do that?

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

He wanted an extension to his contract a year early is the story. Why should the club do that?

Well if that was promised…..”failed to fulfill promise” supposedly.

It is my assumption that it was promised - but at the end of the two years and not half-way.

The club has a history of NOT standing in the way of players who are offered a genuine career opportunity, and it's unusual for them to dig in.

Anyway, he's gone under less than ideal circumstances and we are IMO looking a lot weaker than we should be.

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It is my assumption that it was promised - but at the end of the two years and not half-way.

That’s not a broken promise JW, that still means the extension on the same terms is valid.

Failing to fulfill a promise indicates that to me that there was indeed an agreement in place on when the extension was to be triggered.

A broken promise would be that the club had informed him that the extension would not be on the same terms.

We don't know what was what with Arslan. What we do know is that the A-League was and is in a hell of a mess financially, although I don't quite understand why it should affect City with the resources we supposedly have backing us. But again, we don't know what conditions are placed on us by CFG.

What concerns me is that in a short space of time four visa players have walked away from their contracts half-way though. This is not a good look for the club. Two appear to have used "family reasons" for leaving and these subsequently don't appear to have been valid.

Move on.

12 hours ago, jw1739 said:

A-League was and is in a hell of a mess

I would include MCFC being in a hell of a mess.

He most probably got fed with false information on how well we are run and how he would be part of an elite club in a strengthening league or something to that effect.

He realise that he was lied to and tried to renegotiate based on this.

At his level, I don't blame him for running.

• Like 1