• Paartalu
    • Gameiro
    • Novillo
    • Fornaroli
    • Williams
    • Mauk
    • Franjic

1 hour ago, HeartinHobart said:

Never thought id say this but I thought Clisby was our best. Totally shut Borello out of the game and his passing improved significantly!

He had a good second half but all I saw was mistake after mistake in the first half. He makes tackles that look good that are required because of his poor positioning.

2 hours ago, HeartinHobart said:

Never thought id say this but I thought Clisby was our best. Totally shut Borello out of the game and his passing improved significantly!

Agree with this. Thought Clisby was terrific actually. No real standouts as such, but equally noone had stinkers.

Very good shout for Clisby. Despite a lot of questions asked of him he really stood up last night. First rate intensity and he won the ball back with 10 successful tackles. I agree though his overall game has a few weaknesses, such as occasional questionable positioning, but IMO last night his tackles and work rate more than made up for that and the defender had a very good game.

But I'm voting for Retre. He was an absolute metronome and kept things ticking in midfield all game, with some first class passing and possession. He won the ball back with 5 interceptions, and showed he can create, with an excellent pass early in the second half over Brisbane's backline that made Fornaroli one-on-one with the keeper (and it would have been an easy goal if Fornaroli didn't shoot and instead simply squared the ball to Mooy for a tap in). Would be happy to see Retre in midfield again.

• Like 1

Gone for Melling only because he was thrown into a tough position, did a solid job & even saved our arse a few times. Surprised to see no votes for Novillo yet considering he scored the goal with that desperate lunge . . . went out of his comfort zone & had to hit the deck.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Victards said:

Hard to pick between the waste of a visa (yet again...)

People still not understanding why Sorenson was a waste of a visa spot :droy: 

The argument was that GK is a relatively unimportant position and it would be better used on an outfield player. How anyone can claim that has been disproven when we are 7th on the table and clearly struggling for depth in certain areas is beyond me.

• Like 1

• hedaik locked this topic