Melbourne Football

R 3: City vs. CCM, Sun 25 Oct, 5.00 pm, AAMI Park

jw1739

Bruno looks pretty pissed, there's been a bit of selfish play going on today. Mooy, kuzi and gameiro.........

Kuzi needs to work on his decision making but looks a real prospect. Gameiro looked in it for himself and Mooy does tend to hold it too much. The best thing is the bloke slots 2 and there isplenty of room for improvement from the team.

I would have thought not to many keepers stop that. However a number 6 should have. That one is on Melling for me.

Exactly. Just shows the lower level of importance that a keeper has on a match, even when it comes to not conceding a goal. 

• Like 1

A very important win. Plenty of positives and a few negatives. But overall a good 3 points.

We need to take more care of our passes, especially in midfield, because when you lose it there, then the back four get exposed.

A lot of work to do on the defensive side. Retre got burned a couple of times early, but kept going and attacked at every opportunity. Garuccio played a lot better, but needs to stop diving in when he is clearly second best. You could see Melling itching to bomb forward, as that is his natural game. It will take him a while to learn the holding midfield position, but he is the best we have got at the moment. I also love the way he puts everything into a game. 

The good thing is that we looked dangerous going forward. You can see Zinni has the raw pace to trouble any defender, but he needs to improve his awareness and take a touch. At times he was wanting to get the ball in to quickly.

The first time I have seen Gamiero. He was a bit greedy, but looks to have good pace, and will be a big asset when fully fit.

A great performance by Bruno, and a well deserved MOTM. 

• Like 2

persisting with this line-up and adding Novillo is going to be exciting to watch this season, even if we're probably going to concede every match.

So long as we out score them lol

I know what you mean, but with the injuries to the two fullbacks we signed, I can't see any better way to play. Our strength is in the forward line, so we need to be committed to playing attacking football.

Fark you boys being a bit harsh on your assessment, we dominated the game a 3-1 win is a just deserve. Took a pretty decent strike for them to score and really could have easily been 4 -1 barring poor officiating in not picking up on mooys goal.

I think dominated might be a bit a bit complimentary but yeah, a good win