Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

so shattered! missed the game couldnt watch it on tv but listened to most on radio. its hind of hard to know how to react without any visual but was always fairly confident we could win but oh well 2 points isnt as bad as we did last time in tassi. big 2 games coming up( every game is important from now on) . love to knock off carlton on our friday night game. go north!

Jump in the lake Woody - that was seriously one of the best bumps of the season and you call it a grub act. Fool. Yeah we where shit last night, but you've been shit all season. Mmmm sit down.

Who says indie phaggots can't hit hard?

Edited by marteaux

Jump in the lake Woody - that was seriously one of the best bumps of the season and you call it a grub act.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH Surely you jest? Wasn't a grub act, it was a DOG act. Bump? Mate you clearly have no idea what constitutes a bump. That was taking a blokes head off when he had the courage to sit in the hole and play the footy. Wellingham took the coward's option and played the man.

Deserves all he gets.

• Like 2

I, jest? Nay.

Maybe because I was full of filth at the time of the incident, I don't know - but by golly did the fuck deserve it.

I reckon he will go for a long time. I think Daisy is gone as well. Just got frustrated I guess. We played like St Kilda and the scoreboard reflected that.

I, jest? Nay.

Maybe because I was full of filth at the time of the incident, I don't know - but by golly did the fuck deserve it.

I reckon he will go for a long time. I think Daisy is gone as well. Just got frustrated I guess. We played like St Kilda and the scoreboard reflected that.

Fucken shit that Bartel will be out for the Pies game.

At least Wellingham wont be able to dive for another match winning 50 metre penalty against us this time.

Edited by cadete

Good point. Considering the other off field shit he was gotten himself into lately you'd think they would have come down harder on him.

Not complaining though as he and Beams have been pivotal in letting Swanny and Pendles run in free roles all other the ground, which has seen them both rack up unbelievable stats.

Geelong game will be a ripper.

Good point. Considering the other off field shit he was gotten himself into lately you'd think they would have come down harder on him.

Not complaining though as he and Beams have been pivotal in letting Swanny and Pendles run in free roles all other the ground, which has seen them both rack up unbelievable stats.

Geelong game will be a ripper.

Your telling me, its my brothers debut in the Geelong Terrace in Bay 13.

feel the exact same. so excited for what we have in store for us in 3-4 years time.

could be something very special..

Ayce and Jordy are finally understanding and doing something together upfront.

Not running into eachothers paths, blocking for eachother etc.

Ayce has tremendous marking ability and I think we should isolate him upfront.

But ffs, they have to start staying out 30-60mins after every training session and practice goal kicking.

And Liam Jones should join them and should actually stay out longer tbh, because one day it will come down to a very important moment and one of the three will be lining up for goal and will kick it closer to being on the full than a goal.

Our midfield is ticking over nicely, with libba and wallis now getting extended stints in there and are proving to be quite a handful for other teams to handle.

Loved the way Christian Howard waltzed into the side and played like he had been around for 10 years, a star of the future.

Luke Dahlhaus, does anything really need to be said?

One player who has been extremely underrated this year, has been Mark Austin.

No-one takes any notice of him, but for me has been one of our best players this year.

Has come into the side, with hardly any experience (I think 10 games in 4 years at carlton??) and has done his job EACH and EVERY week.

Has gone with Riewoldt, Hawkins, Dawes and other big names this year and has kept them relatively quiet.

And on one final note, watch out for the young beast of a man.

Jack Redpath, he is built like a brick shit house and is starting to find his way in the VFL, he is on the rookie list but can see him because a very important part of our future coming out of FF.

Only reason he wasnt picked up as a young kid through the draft was because of ongoing knee problems which he has seemed to move on from now.

Actually a few Dogs fans present. Think I posted my surprise a while back but thought I would again.

Even though things have changed the last couple of weeks with some poor efforts I agree wholeheartedly. Forward line is gonna take time, with the three big guys still only young. Dickson has been great up there for his efforts and has been a very good pick up. The one player I'm disappointed in still is Jarrod Grant. Had so much promise but seems like he isn't going to deliver. Remember when he put through 6 against Essendon Round 22 a couple of years ago. Stagnated since.

The midfield is set for the future no doubt. Roughead and Cordy getting down to Smith and Libba who are cracking in and feeding out to Wallis and Griff, with the ability of others such as Dahlhaus to rotate through. Excited.

The backline is still decent but has been depleted ridiculously this season to state the obvious. Morris has been an absolutely massive loss and Williams offers versatility. Austin and Marko have tried but, especially in the case of Lukas, just aren't up to it. Love guys like Wood and Howard up there though and Lake when he's on.

Hopefully we lead on from the efforts against Freo after those shockers and grab a couple more wins. The team can play as we showed against Collingwood, Geelong, North.. Probably looking at a top 7 or so pick come the draft also.

Whilst we're shit I'm excited for the next few years!

That was pretty good Roos! Also haven't been the same team since hawks flogged them in Tassie. Woken up by that game.

Geeeez how Bad do the cats look tonight! They are playing horrendously. Usually good in the wet. Could see a 100 point margin coming. (current scores 18-57)

Got to feel sorry for Richmond supporters, their players deserve to be publicly lambasted after todays performance. Every year they manage to fuck up their season just as they look to finally have got their shit together. Bookies will be sweating with all the bets that would've been placed on them finishing 9th yet again.

Never been so disappointed as a tiges fan before. People complaining about us selling games clearly have no idea because we should be able to beat GC anywhere.

I think we're a big chance to beat the Roos this week, expecially if D.Petrie is out, won't really matter because us losing 2 games we should of won against Freo in Melbourne a few weeks ago and then last week against the suns will cost us, we wouldn't deserve to make the finals even if we did scrape in.

Only thing that cheered me up was the fact I had 40$ on riewoldt for first goal and ended up $250

Shattered for Jack Ziebell, looks like he's going to be suspended for a while for no fucking reason. 4 weeks according to kangaroos.com.au

Also happy to discover the amount of fellow North Melbourne supporters here.

Edited by Che

Visy must have been passing around the big brown bags tonight at AFL House. What a fucking joke.

Judd rips a bloke arm out its shoulder socket and gets 4, Ziebell goes for the ball and touches it first and gets the same suspension.

Looks like the MRP and Tribunal have made it clear. If you go for the ball and you happened to injure someone, you will serve time.

Reason for Match Review Panel's decision was apparently that there was evidence that Ziebell had an alternative to contest that ball. What a load of fucking bullshit. Get fucked. Alternative was to not contest the ball.

Kids, forget everything you're taught at Auskick. You're not alowed to contest a ball anymore.

And don't get me started on Judd.

Edited by Che
  • Like 1

Visy must have been passing around the big brown bags tonight at AFL House. What a fucking joke.

Judd rips a bloke arm out its shoulder socket and gets 4, Ziebell goes for the ball and touches it first and gets the same suspension.

Looks like the MRP and Tribunal have made it clear. If you go for the ball and you happened to injure someone, you will serve time.

If it helps @ times like these I tend to watch this:

Edited by cadete

Just put $100 on the Pies for the minor prem at $8 with the help of my pops. And I should have a rough indicator if it will come through this week against the Swannys in Syd.

Am I mad for thinking those odds are irresistible?

Not come Preliminary Final week when they will be <$4. Then it's hedging time.

Just put $100 on the Pies for the minor prem at $8 with the help of my pops. And I should have a rough indicator if it will come through this week against the Swannys in Syd.

Am I mad for thinking those odds are irresistible?

Not come Preliminary Final week when they will be <$4. Then it's hedging time.

Got to admit I was confussed at first as well: He bet on the Minor Premiership.

And I GTBH as much as I hate them I reckon its fairly decent bet.

Edited by cadete

Got to admit I was confussed at first as well: He bet on the Minor Premiership.

And I GTBH as much as I hate them I reckon its fairly decent bet.

Ah shit. In that case $8 is probably about right considering Adelaide & Sydney's decent run home. I reckon this is the year Sydney finally beat Collingwood up there though.