Melbourne Football

Craig Goodwin's Debut

JD.

Strolled past multiple GCU defenders in the NYL last Saturday to slot away a solid goal.

I was initially a little suss when Buddy was going crazy on twitter about him getting a game this week, but in hindsight I guess there's no better time than now.

Looking on the internet, he's from Adelaide Croatia Raiders initially and Arthur Papas recruited him to Oakleigh. How the fuck did Adelaide United miss him. ??? Maybe the same way the Victards lost out on Leckie. Who cares, he's with us now. Have seen a few youth games and he has stood out. Scores a few from left back. The internets a wonderful thing, found this goal from him at Raiders also

Just hope he can produce the good for the first team if he gets a chance. We bloody need to find the form of a few weeks ago. Cmon boys theres a finals spot waiting if you want it badly enough.

Worth a read: http://www.goalweekl...ract&Itemid=142

It's a great pity that we lost Arthur Papas as Assistant Coach to our NYL squad. We need him back if we can get him.

Thanks for that @jw1739. I missed that article and I spent a while on the net. Well spotted.

Also a big yes to Arthur Papas, An incredible coach who was a great pick up by Heart and a great loss at this season. Now at Newcastle with Van Egmond and their youth team coach. He has a huge future as a coach. Maybe we can get him back on board next season. ?

Looking on the internet, he's from Adelaide Croatia Raiders initially and Arthur Papas recruited him to Oakleigh. How the fuck did Adelaide United miss him. ??? Maybe the same way the Victards lost out on Leckie. Who cares, he's with us now. Have seen a few youth games and he has stood out. Scores a few from left back. The internets a wonderful thing, found this goal from him at Raiders also

Just hope he can produce the good for the first team if he gets a chance. We bloody need to find the form of a few weeks ago. Cmon boys theres a finals spot waiting if you want it badly enough.

Get in son!

They kid has a lot of exp, he has spent a lot of time in the UK, has experienced disappointment, ups and downs, etc. He knows what he has got to do.

And to be fair he looks out of place in the Youth's, he's a big talent.

You might recall another young lad who mad his first start for the club in a Derby match, was probably best afield too!

Edited by Buddy Farah