Melbourne Football

Week 18 - Melbourne v Visitards

Buddy Farah

Goodwin was very solid, really impressed by his game tonight, Good and Colosimo were also extremely dependable at the back bar a couple of moments.

Seriously Babalj should've started on the bench, he thinks he is Ronaldo, unfortunately we don't really have another centre forward apart from him and Hoffman.

Look we had some ripper chances, didn't convert, but so did the Visitards so although I hate the outcome a draw seemed a fair result in the end, although we could've really capitalised on getting the three points if we wanted too, but finishing killed us!

Also fans wise. I hate the other Melbourne team but I hand it to their supporters for standing up for the whole game, everyone in the 3 bays around Yarraside should be standing throughout the game and even the people in the back rows of Y-Side, surely they can stand up for the whole game, make it a ripper atmosphere and chant loud!

Bring on the Jets

• Like 1

Can you elaborate mate?

Basically said we are the only club in the league with a clear direction of where we are going and have a set philosophy. Basically everything we all know and what I said on the Manager thread about the direction of this club. He said that when the next coach comes in he will just continue the way we are going and we will snowball (meaning have sustained success).

Good to see someone in the media recognising this. Was really well said by Rudan.

• Like 1

Who missed that free goal opportunity and just blew it into the Y-side? That just killed me inside..

if its the same one im thinking it was sarkies, covic did close him down pretty well was still spewing lol, p.s pretty happy with Reid's 10 or so mins had some nice touches

nah i think it was williams that went on the left side of the box ( our left) and passed it into the middle of the box while the defenders were focusing on williams and someone had a clear shot but just blew it, It happened so quickly so I forgot whether he was pressured by a defender or closed down by the keeper but everyone was so pissed apparently

That hurt. We outplayed them for about 80 minutes but just couldn't fiinsh. 2 points dropped basically. What makes it worse is that if you have ambitions for your season you need to finish off these bottom teams (and all jokes aside the visitors have nuthin') and we couldn't do it. I'm gutted.

I thought Shroj was immense tonight, till he ran low on go-go juice that is. I think that soft yellow he got will rule him out for next week though. Goodwin was of course fantastic and one Aziz Behich better be able to play right back i reckon. I also think Babalj is a bit low on confidence at the moment. Needs a goal to get him going again. Would have left Terra on actually and taken him off.

nah i think it was williams that went on the left side of the box ( our left) and passed it into the middle of the box while the defenders were focusing on williams and someone had a clear shot but just blew it, It happened so quickly so I forgot whether he was pressured by a defender or closed down by the keeper but everyone was so pissed apparently

Yeah that was definitely Sarkies who missed. Should have taken a small touch to control it but ah well.

Start Williams next week i reckon.

The thing that also frustrated me was that no one seemed too keen to take a shot from roughly 20-25 yards out, its like they will only have the confidence to go for goal inside the box, they should have more cracks at goal in different areas to have the keeper shit himself a couple of times and pressure the defence. Probably should have signed someone who is trained as a strong forward,like its their key role. majority seemed very timid of having a go.

Edited by Radziminski1994
  • Like 1

srhoj is FUCKING shit, a half fit reid is more use than that flog

disagree. Thought shroj was great tonight, one of our better players. Won most 50/50 tackles, had some nice touches, won a lot of balls in the air which we have missed. Can only think of him making one mistake where he was caught on the ball in the first half for being too slow, but apart from that he played well. People don't realise how important he actually is to our squad and to our midfield

• Like 3

Actually, I thought Shroj was pretty good tonight too apart from a couple of noticeable stuff-ups. Sarkies ok as well but was given heaps of space in the midfield which the Visitors kindly left vacant for periods in the game. Goodwin deserved man of the match - brilliant first up effort, both at the back and coming forward. Babalj looked dangerous, but for the love of God, does he have to always try to dribble past four defenders instead of shooting or laying it off for someone? Was disappointed with Worm, but at least he works hard in stark contrast to 'superstars' like Kewell and Hernandez.

^normally for the other team to score they need to create chances....the only bad part about goodwin was his crosses in the 1st half were all on the ground otherwise very happy to have him, would start for the visitors

anyone else think harry kewell was worthy of being runner up to goodwin for bog? :wacko: