Melbourne Football

FIFA World Cup 2014

MaliMate

The 2010 runners up failed to qualify from group stage in the UEFA euro tournament, and now Spain can fail this tournament's group stage.

IMO the Dutch to qualify and I reckon with all the bullshit the Aussies constantly get from their own media (which is a disgrace) they will be motivated as fuck and will suprise everyone

Edited by Young Polak

Why are people so surprised Netherlands battered Spain? Netherlands world class attack vs Spain's average defence was never going to end well for Spain. Not to mention Van Gaal is twice the manager Del Bosque is.

Think this match mirrored club football in Europe over the last couple of years, Possession vs counter, it reminded me of Bayern - Barca in last year's UCL.

Can't pick the next match. Think it will be close though, No reason we can't nick a point or 3.

Why are people so surprised Netherlands battered Spain? Netherlands world class attack vs Spain's average defence was never going to end well for Spain. Not to mention Van Gaal is twice the manager Del Bosque is.

Think this match mirrored club football in Europe over the last couple of years, Possession vs counter, it reminded me of Bayern - Barca in last year's UCL.

Can't pick the next match. Think it will be close though, No reason we can't nick a point or 3.

Don't even pretend you predicted 5-1  :lol:

Netherlands were paying $5 to win before the game, Spain were very much favourites, and not only did the Dutch win but to win like that I think it's quite surprising. It wasn't just the result neither, the way they played, especially as their confidence grew, was extraordinary. With that confidence under their belt now they'll be hard to stop from here on.