Melbourne Football

50 weeks and counting

mus-28

Suspect the guy over sold the headbutt.

+ number 7 threatened the referee as well which accumulated for the 50 weeks? or was his punishment was just based on his confrontation to the referee?

I'm just curious what FFV exactly states about this scenario on the website

Edited by Young Polak

He was charged with the following:

R5.5_4

Auto + 16 + MandatoryTribunal

R5.6_1

Auto + 12 + Mandatory Tribunal

R5.3_4

Auto + 10 + Mandatory Tribunal

R2.2_2

Auto + 8

No idea what each code is for and can't be bothered looking it up atm, but deserves everything he gets.

Edited by mus-28

What did I just watch? I was waiting for something to happen the whole time??? 50 weeks? See much worse every week at most local footy(AFL) matches. I know its different but fark, nothing there is work more than 6 let alone 50.

Honestly seen a lot worse at Borough, down there we dont consider it a fight unless we start seeing spectators jump the fence to get amongst it. :up:

• Like 1

Pretty sure that's only (lol) 47 weeks. 

Also fwiw, it's 38 for threatening the ref, spitting at him and repeated abusive language and 8 for the headbutt + 1 for the red.

So he would have got 9 max for the headbutt. Probably still harsh imo though.

Seen worse plenty of times too, last week we had an "all in" in the ressies. One of our players decked some cunt and ended up on the ground getting kicked in the head etc. Their lino was even hitting cunts with his flag. Wasn't an official ref though so didn't end up with anything :up:

I remember training down at Springvale city for a bit. Coldest bunch of people ive ever met. Keeper should get done on video evidence, 2 weeks imo.

50 weeks for the headbutt+spitting+abuse and threatening physical violence on a ref. So thats about a 2 year ban. Doesnt seem that harsh.

• 2 weeks later...

Doubt the BFA, VicSoccer or VCSA would take him on if they know about this. Any club that registered him would be in a mountain of shit if he re-offends and the victim took legal action.

I'd guess he'd be stuck playing amateur indoor comps for the next 5 years.