Melbourne Football

Personal thoughts on Yarraside being the best it can be in 2013.

marteaux

We should try to do organize something similar to this at the Southern End. Particularly for derbies.

red_and_white_stripes_at_st_marys_stadiu

You gonna pay for it pal? And are you gonna organise it if he does, pal?

Simply - our fan base is too mentality inept to ever be capable of pulling off a card tifo. For sure, if I'm allowed to, tbh I want to be alot more proactive in the terrace from now on but it's just a matter of if I'm allowed to help.

Srs question, If I did ask to be part of organisation of displays, chants, terrace structure etc. what would your answer be?

You personally.

I have my assumptions about your answer to this question

Baz sed - not my decision.

I am more involved in the beer drinking and insults business these days :up:

You where great help at the last tifo session mate, don't be so hard on yourself  :lol:

• Like 2

We should try to do organize something similar to this at the Southern End. Particularly for derbies.

red_and_white_stripes_at_st_marys_stadiu

You gonna pay for it pal? And are you gonna organise it if he does, pal?

Simply - our fan base is too mentality inept to ever be capable of pulling off a card tifo. For sure, if I'm allowed to, tbh I want to be alot more proactive in the terrace from now on but it's just a matter of if I'm allowed to help.

Srs question, If I did ask to be part of organisation of displays, chants, terrace structure etc. what would your answer be?

You personally.

I have my assumptions about your answer to this question

Baz sed - not my decision.

I am more involved in the beer drinking and insults business these days :up:

You where great help at the last tifo session mate, don't be so hard on yourself  :lol:

Him and Salzy deserved Macdonald's Certificates for their immense efforts. :up:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

why would you want one?

Well the Youtube videos we have of us, we sound like 12 year old gimps... Just watch a couple...

Well maybe all the 12 year snapback wearing cunts should stop filming when they're in the terrace?

Why would recording us from in front of the terrace stop individuals using their phones to film us anyway? And why would we want any videos on youtube, regardless of whether they were good or if we sounded like 'gimps'?

• Like 2

If people knew a camera at the front was recording they won't bring out their phones, so they'll keep chanting, not uploading videos on fb tagging all their friends. And it makes us look good, and inviting to people. And people can learn the chants so on match day they're at full voice, not standing there thinking of the lines :) (this is not a argument but an opinion)

If people knew a camera at the front was recording they won't bring out their phones, so they'll keep chanting, not uploading videos on fb tagging all their friends. And it makes us look good, and inviting to people. And people can learn the chants so on match day they're at full voice, not standing there thinking of the lines :) (this is not a argument but an opinion)

there should be no need for a camera, or people recording us inside the terrace, focus more on getting others to chant then rather having your friends and parents being able to watch you on foxtel/sbs every week (even though some shots happen now) and saying 'hey did you see me chanting yeah so cool mumzz'

Can guarantee a camera infront of the terrace will never happen. Too much of privacy issue and people shouldn't be recording in the terrace anyway.

Not trying to be a dick, but how can you guarantee that? I'm just saying that a majority if not all core members, will be against it and therefore it won't happen and I do actually remember seeing a camera out the front for a derby but I'm not sure if that was done by the club or ACG and VicPol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There rolls the deep where grew the tree.

O earth, what changes hast thou seen!

There where the long street roars, hath been

The stillness of the central sea.

The hills are shadows, and they flow

From form to form, and nothing stands;

They melt like mist, the solid lands,

Like clouds they shape themselves and go.

• Like 1

I'm abandoning yarraside if there's no ando. We need ando

Whilst I'm a Ando fan too - this is a terrible attitude. Whoever is coming and going in the terrace shouldn't concern those who are truly committed to making Y-Side the best it can be, and at the moment we lack those types of people. Posts such as this work to negate the culture we (from core to the subgroups) wish to foster in Yarraside. In regards to a 'falling out' with my outsiders perspective I can tell you things at the top end of the terrace have never been stronger, now the onus is on us as the foot soldiers, sub group alligned or not, to match the work ethic and dedication of those in Yarraside Core.

Things will improve in the South End this year, how much improvement will be determined by how many Yarrasiders make a true commitment to the Terrace and Club next year

Louder and passionate singing, fiscal forthcomingness towards tifo fund, more pub time and infectious enthusiasm towards the entire match day experience are some ways we allcan go about it.

• Like 4