Melbourne Football

Where there is Smoke there is Fire

Attack11

We have all heard and read various post, newspaper articles, magazines talking about the so called Merge.

I want to make it clear that I am not advocating that MHFC merge with anyone however, I do want to put it to all members and supporters 2 questions that I have been asking myself since the story broke.

It has been deeply concerning that not only Sth Melb but 2 other parties have wanted or shown interest in buy MHFC.

Q. The reported $3.5 mil offer tabled by Sth Melb was rejected, so what if they were to offer $6mil would the Heart board sell?

Q. Why was the MHFC board so focused on showing a small profit vs attracting more supporters by way of releasing funds to the football department so that the team could be more competitive?

Lets not forget that at board level this is business, non of the board members have a genuine passion or interest in the game. S.Munns comments regarding this merge and the rejection of the offer appeared like a message and stance of solidarity but I can't help but wonder if an offer comes in or if Sth Melb increase their offer Munn and the board would lick their lips and sign on the dotted line.

Just because it doesn't happen now doesn't mean it won't happen. "Where there is Smoke there is Fire"

• Like 1