Melbourne Football

MHFC Reserves - State League Two

LR9

would be great to see this team be playing in the VPL in a couple of years

once this team gets into the VPL, it could be a great way to trial foreigners in the a-league off season

Hate to be a killjoy - But I think you guys are underestimating the kind of money that is spent to keep VPL teams in the top division...

What kind of money is spent? It's an amateur league!!

The VPL is actually a Semi Professional League (Big Difference to an Amateur League).

All the players are paid and some earn a decent amount of money, many are also given job's by club associates which sees them earn more than a lot of A League players on base salaries.

In fact when a club wins the VPL Title it has everything to do with the board's spending a decent amount on players and nothing to do with a club’s supporter base: just look at the top clubs of recent times Green Gully, Dandenong, Hume City.

Cadete, You seem very knowledgeable in regards to the state league. How likely do you think it is that we'll get promoted this season?

The biggest issue with promotion for Heart will always be that club's focus with this side will always be on trailing and developing players over achieving success at State League level.

I could see such a side being promoted to SL1.

However the top sides in SL1 are very competitive and the money they offer to players as they chase promotion to the VPL is pretty good so TBH with our goals being on development – I find it hard to see us winning promotion to the VPL.

Thanks for clearing that up Cadete, I'm a ballarat boy and try to stay clear of the red devil flogs here

would be great to see this team be playing in the VPL in a couple of years

once this team gets into the VPL, it could be a great way to trial foreigners in the a-league off season

Hate to be a killjoy - But I think you guys are underestimating the kind of money that is spent to keep VPL teams in the top division...

What kind of money is spent? It's an amateur league!!

The VPL is actually a Semi Professional League (Big Difference to an Amateur League).

All the players are paid and some earn a decent amount of money, many are also given job's by club associates which sees them earn more than a lot of A League players on base salaries.

In fact when a club wins the VPL Title it has everything to do with the board's spending a decent amount on players and nothing to do with a club’s supporter base: just look at the top clubs of recent times Green Gully, Dandenong, Hume City.

Cadete, You seem very knowledgeable in regards to the state league. How likely do you think it is that we'll get promoted this season?

The biggest issue with promotion for Heart will always be that club's focus with this side will always be on trailing and developing players over achieving success at State League level.

I could see such a side being promoted to SL1.

However the top sides in SL1 are very competitive and the money they offer to players as they chase promotion to the VPL is pretty good so TBH with our goals being on development – I find it hard to see us winning promotion to the VPL.

Thanks for clearing that up Cadete, I'm a ballarat boy and try to stay clear of the red devil flogs here

This. A-Grade flogs.

Looking more forward to this than the first team. Away games I don't have to fly too !! woop woop. Still have a 2hr drive, but at least I'll get to see the NW sights ;)

As mentioned in the other thread, since Heart will be playing midweek games, and only one side - Westgate - can play matches under lights, chances are that most Heart games in state league 2 will be played at Darebin or Epping.

do we know who are the players names, if we are going to support the team we have to know the players names, cos what l heard its part of the youth team players and the train on players. Can we make a list as from now roughly the names? Go the Reds, lm looking forward to this. Something to do on a Wednesday night.

As unclean as this makes me feel, amongst all the garbage on mv.net it can sometimes be a much better source for information on our own club than this forum.

Did anyone see this?

Mens Standing Committe to FFV Chairman Nick Montleone

Dear Clubs,

Please read below regarding about "Melbourne Heart Joining FFV League" .

Regards

Men’s Standing Committee (MHFC)

Nick,

On behalf of the Men’s Standing Committee, in regards to the issue of Melbourne Heart FC fielding a youth team in FFV Division Two North West, we still await a reply and explanation from management and the Board in regards to the decision that has been taken and the lack of process.

As the fixtures have now been formally released by the FFV without any formal statement, correspondence or contraction to any of the affected stakeholders, we have no reason to believe that the decision to allow Melbourne Heart FC Youth to participate in FFV Division Two North West for Season 2013 has not been fully endorsed. As the Men’s Standing Committee representative, I believe that the processes that have led to this outcome must be severely questioned as the trust and integrity between the majority of stakeholders involved in the game have now truly been irrevocably damaged as a result of this decision.

With further elaboration, we still wish to fully understand:

What is the process that was involved in having Melbourne Heart FC Youth join in the competition at such short notice and on what basis?

- On what basis were Melbourne Heart FC Youth placed in State League 2 North West? As a new entity why did they not commence at Provisional League (State League 6) level like any other new applicant?

- Has any consideration been given to the existing clubs who will need to play twice per week when MHFC Youth will only play once thus compromising the league in which Promotion/Relegation exists?

- Will clubs be compensated if they have additional costs for participating in games against MHFC Youth?

- Does this mean that league sizes will now be altered on an “as required” basis in the future?

- Has the FFV considered that based on past experience with NTC, MHFC Youth may field teams of varying strength at different points of the season thus further compromising the competition? Does the FFV regard this situation as acceptable for FFV Division Two North West but not for other competitions?

- Will MHFC Youth be permitted to field contracted players in an Amateur competition and be allowed different standards of compliance in comparison to other clubs in the same competition? Does this mean as a “Community” club, MHFC Youth cannot submit an application to compete in the new “Elite” competition starting 2014?

- Can other clubs also be permitted to waive their requirement to field a Reserves team in a Senior Competition?

- Who does the FFV engage with regarding competition structures and changes?

Further, why would a decision like this be taken in light of the Competition Review and implementation process currently in progress?

- Is the MHFC Youth decision valid for one season or do they become a permanent member of the FFV structure?

- Do MHFC Youth now create for themselves the bona fides to take up a position in the new 2nd tier with compromised criteria in comparison to other prospective clubs?

As a Men’s Standing Committee we have always believed in structured and progressive tiers of competition whereby we have previously recommended our belief, that talent identification of players from lower league clubs and competitions should allow players the opportunity to proceed through the ranks of State representation, A league, Socceroo and International level in a clearly understood pathway program. To have MHFC Youth participating in the competition they have chosen - to us is a contradiction of the pathway we envisage and does not engender clubs to want to progress players through MHFC if they present themselves as a competitor. Further, we have always believed that all decisions taken at State level in relation to Promotion/Relegation – should be taken with a longer term view to seeing the, FIFA mandated, eventual introduction of Promotion/Relegation through all levels of senior football in the country and for this reason clubs should not be allowed to field a “seconds” team but rather build better affiliations with stronger existing clubs and districts.

Why doesn’t the FFV properly devise youth development leagues and programs that allow players to progress through the ranks at Under 18 and Under 21 competition in a genuine attempt to improve football quality at a time when many players are leaving the game? Wouldn’t Melbourne Heart Youth benefit more from playing in a properly structured youth competition with good facilities and first class coaching, rather than participating in an Amateur competition at Senior level anyway?

Further we have previously been briefed that in the new competition structure “Elite” clubs will not be allowed to participate in “Community” competition yet a clear contradiction has been struck here without any consultation and been endorsed whether it is through action or lack of action by the Board.

It is disappointing that since we made our initial reform recommendations in October 2010, the overall model for the proposed new competition has still not yet been clearly articulated by the FFV for all to see, thus creating confusion and a lack of direction to the football stakeholders as to what the future Aims and Objectives are to be and what the guidelines are moving forwards. In this climate of uncertainty, clubs, coaches and players do not know the future direction or the Master Plan as it hasn’t been articulated and decision making lacks framework and investment in the game has no substance. It also sends a message that changes are possible at any time without any proper process’ being undertaken and that a “Corporate box” culture means that influence can be bought and decisions taken depending on who comes forwards rather than what’s best for the game and true State based development.

As a Men’s Standing Committee we are very disappointed as to how we find out about decisions that affect our constituents to the point that we cannot see how we can serve in any meaningful capacities going forwards. Who at the FFV should we rely on for communication in regard to decisions that are taken directly impacting Senior clubs who we are supposed to represent? If we are not being properly informed then we have no realistic input and the game will suffer from this type of attitude in our opinion.

Further, we are of the belief that decisions taken of this type should at the very least allow clubs the opportunity and courtesy to be consulted in advance and then be advised formally via FFV communication/Media Release rather than allowing clubs to hear news through a clubs social media platform. It is once again an example whereby FFV treats its clubs with a total lack of respect and further erodes the necessary trust and relationship required between administration and clubs to take the game forwards. It is Amateur and not the way an organization of this type should be operating.

The Men’s Standing Committee believes that Melbourne Heart FC has now set the agenda for Victorian football and we believe that the Rules of Competition and Competition Bi-Laws would probably not support this decision and that legal implications may be possible.

We have a genuine fear that in this matter the FFV has left irreparable harm in terms of trust and the relationship it wishes to engender between itself, the Standing Committees, the clubs and the stakeholders after all the recent efforts that have been made to try and prove the contrary and before the most significant reforms in the game’s history move to the all important detailed implementation stage.

We sincerely hope that the Board take action and better understand the functions of its organization and the impact they are having on the game and we call for stronger leadership and more detailed involvement of the Board in important administrative initiatives.

A detailed response outlining the Board’s position on all these matters would be greatly appreciated.

With Regards,

Kind of a stupid letter when anyone involved in the Local game knows...

That the FFV is ripping apart its entire rulebook next year when it picks and chooses who will be in its new Elite State Divison which will replace the VPL.

In effect they will be doing to the VPL - What FFA did to the NSL.

It is also been widely accepted that both MV and MH will have have teams in this league.

That is what I am really excited about in terms of MHFC and Winter Soccer, the 2014 Season when we are playing in the Elite State Divison.

That letter is pretty shit. But there are legitimate concerns as to the way this Heart team was dropped into this competition. The FFV board's apparent response that they still haven't met to discuss it, and they'll get back to the men's standing committee once they speak with the people responsible, speaks volumes about the shambles of an operation the FFV operates.

That letter is pretty shit. But there are legitimate concerns as to the way this Heart team was dropped into this competition. The FFV board's apparent response that they still haven't met to discuss it, and they'll get back to the men's standing committee once they speak with the people responsible, speaks volumes about the shambles of an operation the FFV operates.

I agree 100% that there are some legit concerns, we are talking about Div 2 clubs having to play extra games and losing money because of it...

In saying that this move by FFV will be quickly forgotten as the State Leagues this year draw to a close and the APL becomes a reality.

Edited by cadete

That letter is pretty shit. But there are legitimate concerns as to the way this Heart team was dropped into this competition.

This was the reason I bought it up. I dont think I would be too happy if I followed a club that had worked its way up through the system only to be competing against a team that was granted automatic entry, no questions asked.

It'll be Skoko.

I would prefer this.

:droy:

Seriously mate could u please even look at Palatsides record??

Joe Palatsides:

1. Currently has us sitting equal on points with third on the NYL Ladder despite injuries to our senior squad seeing our NYL squad more exposed than last season.

2. Took Jezza Walker from a kid with some potential last year to an A League quality player this year.

3. Has something like 10expeirence coaching in Europe.

4. Already had some expeirence coaching in the State System the team will be playing in!

Josip Skoko

1. Good player in Europe and former Socceroo.

• Like 1

I think Palatsides might be taking up a VPL/SL1 job over the off-season, like Zois.

Skoko has been with the MHFC development/train-on squad for 18 months now and is doing a decent job, also assistant at SL1 side North Geelong Warriors last year. Like I said last week, I'm pretty sure he's got the Job.

Edited by LR9

I think Palatsides might be taking up a VPL/SL1 job over the off-season, like Zois.

Skoko has been with the MHFC development/train-on squad for 18 months now and is doing a decent job, also assistant at SL1 side North Geelong Warriors last year. Like I said last week, I'm pretty sure he's got the Job.

Your probably right but logic would say that the best way of doing this would be for the MHFC development coach in summer to becomes the NYL Coach and then in 2014 the APL Elite Divison Coach.

I see Blackmissonary is reading the thread and he may know more about where Palatsides is going, mind you its def not Juve again as they have named their Senior Coach for 2013.

Edited by cadete

Looking more forward to this than the first team. Away games I don't have to fly too !! woop woop. Still have a 2hr drive, but at least I'll get to see the NW sights ;)

As mentioned in the other thread, since Heart will be playing midweek games, and only one side - Westgate - can play matches under lights, chances are that most Heart games in state league 2 will be played at Darebin or Epping.

That's not true. I can see Ballarat Red Devils moving their game from Trekardo Park to under the lights of the new synthetic pitch at Morshead Park as was the case during previous Mirabella Cup matches.

That's not true. I can see Ballarat Red Devils moving their game from Trekardo Park to under the lights of the new synthetic pitch at Morshead Park as was the case during previous Mirabella Cup matches.

So where are all the other clubs going to move games to?

I get feeling from how Sidwell @ the Fan Forum was speaking that that Northcote might be involved...

I get feeling from how Sidwell @ the Fan Forum was speaking that that Northcote might be involved...

An odd choice, unless Northcote have upgraded their lights.