Melbourne Football

Bolton to return?

cpantlin

How many foreign keepers have there been in the history of the A-league? Legitimately curious.

Tony Warner (Trinidad & Tobago) - played for the Phoenix. Aside from the Kiwi keepers, not too many non Australian's in goal, waste of a visa place really!

I think it's actually worth it, a good keeper could save your ass.

Velaphi is the worst keeper to actually be considered as no 1 in a league history. He's been living off that blinder of a debut game he had a few years ago.

Janjetovic from Sydney would be worth enquiring about if Sydney doesn't want him for whatever reason next season. Apart from him I can't think of many other realistic options. Looks like redders will most likely be out no.1 next season as there is no one else available better than him.

Velaphi is the worst keeper to actually be considered as no 1 in a league history. He's been living off that blinder of a debut game he had a few years ago.

Janjetovic from Sydney would be worth enquiring about if Sydney doesn't want him for whatever reason next season. Apart from him I can't think of many other realistic options. Looks like redders will most likely be out no.1 next season as there is no one else available better than him.

Pretty sure we had Janjetovic on trial pre-season I remember a commentator saying but Aloisi passed on him.

Redmayne was not dumped by Postecoglou. Redders went to Brisbane from CCM with the promise he would be number 1 but then Theoklitos became available and was signed because of the link to south Melb.

Redders is our future and we need to give him a fair go. Play Bolton for our last home game but that's it.

• Like 1

Was having a chat to Redders after the match, he was stoked at keeping a clean sheet and not conceding another yellow!

Seems like an absolute legend, said it was so much better having control of the game and not being bombarded like previous weeks.

He'll be a good Number 1 for us.

• Like 2

Was having a chat to Redders after the match, he was stoked at keeping a clean sheet and not conceding another yellow!

Seems like an absolute legend, said it was so much better having control of the game and not being bombarded like previous weeks.

He'll be a good Number 1 for us.

Agreed. He is a great keeper and will be awesome as our Number 1.

He still has heaps of seasons under his belt so as long as our defence holds a tight formation, we will proceed.

2 things I like about Redders.

1. He actually holds the ball when he saves (something that takes alot of pressure off our defence)

2. He can actually pick a pass and is willing to play out from the back. Im not sure if too many people would have seen/picked up on it, but during the sydney game in the first half Redders ripped into colosimo because colosimo wasnt at the corner of the penalty box when redders was looking to play out. The significance of this is that Redders was actively pushing players to be in the correct position for us to play out of the back properly and not the the usual crap of give it to a defender who is in front of our goals and way too close to another defender so they cant pass to them when closed down which ends up being kicked long because we invited pressure.

in previous seasons whenever we tried to play it out from the back we never could because our defence would never position itself correctly.

if you watch brisbane play (i know they are shit now, but they still played this way when they were good) whenever the keeper gets the ball the two CBs will goto the corners of the penalty box and the fullbacks push to within two metres of the touch line just inside their own half. which allows the defence to pass the ball around without inviting too much pressure and opens up space in the midfield.

tldr; Redders is a gun and should be our number 1 in years to come

• Like 5

• 9 months later...