Melbourne Football

RWU Football 5s Comp - February 10

FB.

That’s right Football lovers, that time of year is coming again!

Red and White Unite’s annual Football Tournament is coming again on February 10 at the fantastic Football Fives Facility (www.footballfives.com)

The Tournament starts off as a group stage, with the top team(s) from each group going through to a knock out finals stage and the winning team taking home a fantastic match day experience to a (yet to be specified) Melbourne Heart Home game at AAMI Park in your own Corporate Box!

Entry is $100 per team, with minimum team size of 5 people. We recommend around 10 per team to ensure you do not all burn out, as every team is guarenteed at least an hour’s game time during the group stage.

Currently there are only plans for a Mens competition, however if you are interested in playing MIXED please express your interest via email and if we receive enough we will organise one!

(Players under the age of 18 are permitted with written consent from a Parent or Guardian)

Players from Melbourne Heart will be in attendance during the day, and there will also be a BBQ and Raffle and hopefully a few other family friendly activities other then the Tourmanent. We encourage spectators to come down and enjoy the day!

We can’t wait for the day and we hope to see you all there with your friends and family to have a fantastic day of Football and Fun at Football Fives!

Sign-Ups will be available from January 9 at 6pm from right here at redwhiteunite.com

For any and all enquiries or to express interest in a MIXED comp, please email contact@redwhiteunite.com

Went to inaugural comp in our 1st season and had a great time.

Anyone keen to put in a team this year?

Edited by FB.

i had my u10 team play football fives this year.

Here are the rules

Rules – what’s different from Winter Football?

Four outfield players and one Goalkeeper at all times

The Goalkeeper is the only one allowed inside the "D"

The Goalkeeper is not allowed outside the "D"

Play is continuous - the ball can be rebounded off the boards at the sides and the ends of the pitch

No Heading the ball and No Slide Tackles

Goalkeepers can not throw the ball overarm or punt/dropkick the ball

The goalkeeper is not allowed to pick the ball up after an intentional backpass from one of his players.

The only time the game stops is when a goal is scored, a foul is committed or the ball goes outside the pitch.

The pitches are 34m x 24m

The goals are 4m x 1.2m

So who's signing up?

You know you all want to :)

If you want to sign up, get in on it! This is a big fund raiser for RWU to help produce things like Schip Happens & The HeartCast and hopefully more of the things we would like to do in the near future!

http://www.redwhiteunite.com/red-white-unite-annual-fives-competition/

RWU_5s_poster.jpg

Edited by Bozza

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!

Comp is this Sunday. I think there are 4 Y-Side teams now registered...

If anyone was interested in playing but couldn't organise a team post in here and let others know. I think one or two teams might be looking for a player or two to complete their squads.

Also, if you have nothing to do, come down and have a look and a kick about (there should be a few spare courts to play amongst yourselves as you please) and there will be a bbq and drinks too.

• Like 2

Second that, Thanks to everyone involved. Great day. White line fever certainly got the better of me but you all know I'm just competitive. No jimmie rustling was intended! Yside derby was the highlight for me. Even had chanting going on the sidelines :up::clap:

on a side note...Cobras Futsal Club are a pack of dogs. #justsayin

• Like 1

Second that, Thanks to everyone involved. Great day. White line fever certainly got the better of me but you all know I'm just competitive. No jimmie rustling was intended! Yside derby was the highlight for me. Even had chanting going on the sidelines :up::clap:

on a side note...Cobras Futsal Club are a pack of dogs. #justsayin

To be honest, and fair, on a better day, you guys could have knocked them off in that game... and you played pretty well throughout!

What's that saying about Hearts Futsal team? (No offence intended)