Melbourne Football

A step forward

Hazzaverx

First 10 minutes were loud, bit of a problem with overlapping chants and the lack of cohesion between the bottom and top of the terrace.

So many times were two differing chants going,

Saying that last 10 minutes were the best i've ever seen, except derbies

Yeah I thought the first 10 wasn't bad either...

It's a good platform, hopefully a good game in Sydney and then we can have a crack at a full 90 on a Friday night where there will be no sun and more pre game beer consumption :-)

6200 is a bit disappointing but the test will be Adelaide in two weeks, hopefully after a win in Syd. We should aim for double that on a Fri night. The more that attend = greater atmosphere. Look what WSW have been able to achieve in half a season. C'mon Heart supporters, lets keep building!

Edited by Left Ventricle

Couple of big issues...

Mega = huge piece of shit, starting to really play up.

Drum = why even bother with it? It sounds atrocious and is barley able to be played in tune...

Agree with the mega, however the drum is mandatory, keeps everyone in time, also used to start chants. Also when the drummer stopped playing for a rest during those last 10 minutes it took a little atmosphere away, so I think a drum, even if its not great is definitely necessary.

Also, should some of the senior terrace members encourage the other active bay to stand when it is full, I think all they would need is a little encouragement as as we saw, everyone looked pretty keen to join in the singing

Couple of big issues...

Drum = why even bother with it? It sounds atrocious and is barley able to be played in tune...

Agree with the mega, however the drum is mandatory, keeps everyone in time

Sorry, I mean't why even bother with the one we have...

Drum and drumming wasn't too bad. Next home game against Adelaide there will be a new drum anyway.

I agree mega is not great and we need a new one.

Kudos to the guy yelling without the mega for the C'mon you boys in Red chant. If on here, well done.

All I know is that the last 15 minutes something happened and instead of falling apart after shocking referee decisions and a couple of goals, looking like we were going to drop points, the Yarraside lifted to another level and grew yesterday. My mates, all four of them never been in the Yarraside, took part, loved it and are now fully committed Heart fans.

So I encourage everyone to bring mates into the Yarraside, it will take them time to get into it, but if we have that level at a game, it would be impossible for people not to fall in love and want to keep coming back!

One Melburnian at a time. Remember this is all it takes. Bring one person, we grow to new levels.

The problem was day One we needed to get as many as Possible in the gates In year one do whatever it takes to get them in, forget money all else get the fans, them build from there, ATM our base is about 6,000 and thats not

Good enough it needed to be close as possible to 10,000 we are getting slight increase but not enough

No use looking back now, what's done is done. Time we are supporters stood up. Now.

Met five new supporters yesterday and all enjoyed themselves and were so happy after the game. That's five new supporters that will be coming back.

Well done to the people who are bringing new people to the game. You are the difference makers. :up:

Couple of big issues...

Agree with the mega, however the drum is mandatory, keeps everyone in time

Sorry, I mean't why even bother with the one we have...

Aha no worries

• Like 1

Promotion of this forum will be useful.

With that said, I have bought 1000 business cards with a simple message and the website of this forum on it.

When it arrives, hopefully before the Adelaide game, We can start handing them out at the game to people. Should create an influx of new posters and make it easier to spread the message!

More people that join up to this forum, more we can spread our message and they can learn the chants etc.

Can we make a separate area of all the chants we do on this forum? Just like the chant sheet, have all the songs we do listed so people can go into there and learn.

• Like 3

Can we make a separate area of all the chants we do on this forum? Just like the chant sheet, have all the songs we do listed so people can go into there and learn.

I like this idea a lot. Aspesh for newbies like me, it's hard to pick up on the chants live straight away and usually have to wait a round or two into the chant to get involved, i look lost.

But yeah an official chant thread or PDF should be created. Will help me out a lot!

Also with the sheets handed out with the lyrics, could put a simple message on it as well when handing out sheets in the GA area, something like, please don't hesitate to join in the standing or singing with the yarraside, the more the merrier. Emphasising people interested to sit in the front GA bay or the other active bay

Yes, we can. 200 were handed out today, if people like them, and I think they did, then I'll print out more for the next home game.

Ando were sheets handed out to the surrounding bays in GA? If not, should be done!

Yes, Ando gave me a fair few, and they were distributed on my part at the Impy and to people in Bay 18.

Also surprised the "If you love Melbourne, stand up" wasnt done yesty. Usually gets a few GA bums off seats.

It was done once or twice by myself to try and get Bay 18 up. It also helped we had a few vocal people like Alexiano and Bozza in Bay 18 as well who weren't afraid to be loud and proud.

Also surprised the "If you love Melbourne, stand up" wasnt done yesty. Usually gets a few GA bums off seats.

would imagine its because we didn't have any heart corners down the YS end

fair enough, didn't realise it was only done during certain scenarios in the game... noted.

not exclusively by all means. that's just usually when we get the most people standing.

It was done once or twice by myself to try and get Bay 18 up. It also helped we had a few vocal people like Alexiano and Bozza in Bay 18 as well who weren't afraid to be loud and proud.

Thanks mate. Great to have met you IRL.

I think this is vital to having spotted vocal people amongst to allow people to feel comfortable.

The chant sheets helped everyone feel included which is great in bridging that gap.

Chant sheets were good. Less people started their own chants and more respected the capo. Sometimes, you may not like the capo; you may not like the chants he selects or the way he does it. But quite simply, if there was no capo, the whole thing wouldn’t work. It would just be different groups doing different chants with no cohesion. That was on the sheet and I fully support it. Also it doesn’t matter who the capo or drummer is, I have seen people not join in as someone other than ando has started the chant. Great stuff yesterday, was great to see so much red and white.

The redmayne chant sounded awesome yesterday! Along with 'you're in my heart'. Noticed a big difference from Tuesdays match against Newcastle, much louder and you can actually understand what everyone is chanting. Expecting it to be even better against Adelaide!

• Like 1