Melbourne Football

Mexican club sacks former Melbourne Heart coach John van't Schip

daniboi

From today's Herald Sun...

FORMER Melbourne Heart coach John van't Schip has been sacked by Mexican powerhouse Chivas de Guadalajara just four days out of the season opener.

The Dutchman led Chivas to a 7-6-6 record in six months at the helm.

van't Schip, who was lured to Chivas by countryman Johan Cruyff, left the Heart at the end of last season citing personal reasons for his departure.

He had mixed results while in Melbourne, leading the Heart to their first finals appearance in 2011-12 season.

van't Schip's departure comes after Chivas fired Cruyff last month, an adviser at the club, nine months into a three-year contract.

Former Santos coach Benjamin Galindo replaces van't Schip for 2013.

Bring him in as Academy Director.

If jvs comes anywhere near this club again I will cry

Couldn't think of a better person we could obtain to look after building Australia's best football factory.

People can talk about his senior record till they are blue in the face and the fact he left us etc etc, but he has a great ability to identify and nurture young talent and I for one would welcome him back with open arms.

Club should secure a site to build a training base and youth academy. Bring back JVS and put him on a team with a few strength and conditioning hot shots and a couple of Architects and give them freedom to spend all the Beckham money how they want on some world class facilities.

• Like 1

Club should secure a site to build a training base and youth academy. Bring back JVS and put him on a team with a few strength and conditioning hot shots and a couple of Architects and give them freedom to spend all the Beckham money how they want on some world class facilities.

They have one apparently. LaTrobe. We have heard they are trying to obtain it and spend on making it an administration and training hub. I agree, all that money they were getting for Beckham could be spent on something like this which will put us ahead of the game. Wouldn't that be nice.

I agree, need to have Academy and Youth and Women teams based there as well as the Senior training facility. Have it the best facilities in the country and get a guy like JVS back to direct it. Need someone with experience in bigger clubs to teach and guide us to be the best in Australia.

We can dream hey!

$1m won't get you very far with building any sort of facilities, wouldn't even cover the cost the land - let alone plans, permits, construction, equipment, staff, etc...

$2 million ;)

Also that's where sponsors, government etc come into play. Will need to be able to sell it. Long shot no doubt.

Edited by Melburnian