Melbourne Football

January transfer window

heart_fan10

Currently training with Man Utd aswell.

HAHAHAHAHA

But since October he has maintained his fitness by training with United, where he won five English Premier League titles and a UEFA Champions League crown in a nine-season spell.

?????

I know he played for Manchester United.

Just finding it funny because that club just cannot move on... regardless if he isn't on the books.

Or we simply respect our players? Considering Drogba still trains with you, you can't really talk.

Of course it's about respecting players who have served the club well. Arsenal have had Henry, Campbell (both who they signed for 2nd stints), Petit and Pires train with them after they were finished at the club and trying to keep fit.

Currently training with Man Utd aswell.

HAHAHAHAHA

But since October he has maintained his fitness by training with United, where he won five English Premier League titles and a UEFA Champions League crown in a nine-season spell.

?????

I know he played for Manchester United.

Just finding it funny because that club just cannot move on... regardless if he isn't on the books.

Or we simply respect our players? Considering Drogba still trains with you, you can't really talk.

(hook, line & sinker)

He left the club 6 months ago and is living in London in the Chinese O/S!!!!!!

In regards to the moving on, I'm talking about Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand fwiw.

(hook, line & sinker)

Edited by DutchPride

Does it start on Jan 1st or later in Jan?

This season's A-League mid-season transfer window opens on 1st January 2013 and runs until the end of January.

Reference: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/a-league/roar-aim-for-striker-in-transfer-window-20121224-2bumg.html

Like the rest of you, I'm hoping that we will see something to give us more to look forward to in the second half of the season, but I'm not holding my breath. I've seen this sort of situation before - stubborn people in an organization acting as road-blocks to change. I think that's what we have - certain people not wanting to admit that they got something wrong.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Does it start on Jan 1st or later in Jan?

This season's A-League mid-season transfer window opens on 1st January 2013 and runs until the end of January.

Reference: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/a-league/roar-aim-for-striker-in-transfer-window-20121224-2bumg.html

Like the rest of you, I'm hoping that we will see something to give us more to look forward to in the second half of the season, but I'm not holding my breath. I've seen this sort of situation before - stubborn people in an organization acting as road-blocks to change. I think that's what we have - certain people not wanting to admit that they got something wrong.

Bingo!

well we've left a spot open in our roster to have the ability to sign players, so you'd think we would be looking to sign someone.

as for a-league players, Zenon Caravella is the only one i know who is moving clubs and apparently 2 a-league teams are in advanced talks with him. I wonder if one of those is us

Sydney FC

We should be looking a lot at Europe, many teams are going bankrupt and many players would love a stable place like Australia. I mean we can get rid of Gray and sign an amazing Visa spot player. I know 2 clubs in Romania that play in European competitions went bankrupt and are selling most of their squad, a top Greek team is also going broke and selling their entire team, not to mention the likes of CSKA Sofia who are banned from Europe for a couple of years and are rebuilding with Bulgarian player only. Tons of good players up for grabs, and trust me, these guys know they're never going to make it higher then 500k a season if they're lucky, and if they get to come to Australia, get a stable good salary, they'll be happy.

Dinamo Bucuresti- Worth 25 million, selling most of its players.

Rapid Bucuresti- 18.5 million, most likely ending up in the 3rd league, and most of the players will be free agents by the years end.

CSKA Sofia- Worth 14.5 million, huge problems.

Edited by Vlad

But a Diamond in the rough, are any of them worth 500k? My assumption is no. Perhaps 100k, but we take a chance, if they turn out like Germano , we srike gold in season 2. Not now though. It'll take time for them to settle.

I was talking about their salaries, most of them have Europa League experience and are on salaries less than 300k. What I'm saying is it wouldn't hurt to take a risk with them. Edited by Vlad

But a Diamond in the rough, are any of them worth 500k? My assumption is no. Perhaps 100k, but we take a chance, if they turn out like Germano , we srike gold in season 2. Not now though. It'll take time for them to settle.

I was talking about their salaries, most of them have Europa League experience and are on salaries less than 300k. What I'm saying is it wouldn't hurt to take a risk with them.

Definitely wouldnt hurt, but in all honesty our club won't be hitting the transfer market at all I wouldn't think. Shame but just can't see our club doing the business.

I was talking about their salaries, most of them have Europa League experience and are on salaries less than 300k. What I'm saying is it wouldn't hurt to take a risk with them.

Definitely wouldnt hurt, but in all honesty our club won't be hitting the transfer market at all I wouldn't think. Shame but just can't see our club doing the business.

Kinda sad, considering most these guys would be top top players, and would come for close to nothing.

Better off shutting up shop for this season and saving our cash for the next.

didnt we do that last season?

Different scenarios though. Knowing that our club is more focused on breaking even financially, Id prefer it achieve that for this season rather than losing money just to finish 3rd last instead of second last.

*Sigh*

This breaking even crap has really been to our detriment. Instead of this line of thinking where hardly no new people have been wowed enough to join up, the club should have an attitude in wanting to be the best and attract more people.

The whole attitude of the club has meant we have just 6,000 members and poor attendance.

Easier and more exciting ways to break even than the way they have gone about it. In a development phase of attracting new fans to be long term viable, they sure as hell have made it easy for people to not want to join up.

Instead they now realise that they need to do something and made the necessary moves to get a heap of money for Beckham even though it won't happen. Imagine if the club was more of that thinking and adventurous in everything they did. Rather than the softly softly boring approach.

You wont win friends with salad....

We should be looking a lot at Europe, many teams are going bankrupt and many players would love a stable place like Australia. I mean we can get rid of Gray and sign an amazing Visa spot player. I know 2 clubs in Romania that play in European competitions went bankrupt and are selling most of their squad, a top Greek team is also going broke and selling their entire team, not to mention the likes of CSKA Sofia who are banned from Europe for a couple of years and are rebuilding with Bulgarian player only. Tons of good players up for grabs, and trust me, these guys know they're never going to make it higher then 500k a season if they're lucky, and if they get to come to Australia, get a stable good salary, they'll be happy.

Dinamo Bucuresti- Worth 25 million, selling most of its players.

Rapid Bucuresti- 18.5 million, most likely ending up in the 3rd league, and most of the players will be free agents by the years end.

CSKA Sofia- Worth 14.5 million, huge problems.

Last year there was a whole team of unemployed Spanish players, coaches and support staff playing exhibition matches, sort of an audition I suppose. Many other Spanish players haven't been paid for ages, surely JA has some contacts who can get us a good young CB?

I'm sure there are loads of players in Spain, Greece, Romania etc to suite our budget, just hope we make a move for a midfielder, someone to replace Fred or Thompson in 2013. Those guys will be good impact players in there later years. A Greek player is probably a good marketing move also, otherwise an Italian player would be ideal also. Think there's many ethnic Greeks and Italians yet to pick an A League club in Melb. Or alternatively hire an agribusiness superstar like Becks!

• Like 1

Don't people listen?!?!?!!! Start of the year JD said shit Greek players are still demanding 1 mil.

calm down mate not everyone hangs on every drop of information the club gives out.

i certainly don't find myself struggling to sleep at night wishing i knew whether greek players demanded 1 mil or less :D

It gets annoying when the same question is asked all the time.

Don't people listen?!?!?!!! Start of the year JD said shit Greek players are still demanding 1 mil.

calm down mate not everyone hangs on every drop of information the club gives out.

i certainly don't find myself struggling to sleep at night wishing i knew whether greek players demanded 1 mil or less :D

It gets annoying when the same question is asked all the time.

Not all greek players are demanding 1m. It's been reported that a bunch would give anything for a stable club, aka, us.

Better off shutting up shop for this season and saving our cash for the next.

why can't we sign players now for next season?

if anything it's better we start building for next season now. they come in get familiar with the club etc. play for a couple months and come back day 1 of pre-season

We can.

What about Eric Paartalu? He's reportedly interested in leaving Brisbane?