Melbourne Football

Kings of Melbourne

FB.

Not all analogies need create mirrored comparison (and I don't feel uncomfortable casting the Victory as the Eagles). Would you be happier with Suns v Lions? Either way, as a supporter of a very good AFL team I don't like the Heart being in a Suns/Dockers/what-have-you position. And I don't think that will be the case for long.

I see us in a East Freo vs South Freo position, Souths have the supporters/ crowds/ facilities: But like Easts we are "Small but Strong" and win the games. ;)

• Like 1

“We really came out there and did the job. Yeah, they’ve got a lot more members than us, and they’ve been round a few more years, and they’ve brought in a new coach who’s won the championship the last two years, and they have the so-called big name players.

“But Victory haven’t beaten Heart in nearly two years now. So the Red and White has definitely got it over them.

"Heart finished higher than Victory on the table last year and I think that just shows we have the strongest team at the moment and we showed that on Friday.

eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

A-class jimmy rustling from Dmac.

Joins the likes of Terra, Aloisi, Behich & Thompson as the ultimate derby heroes.

Didn't think it was possible for me to love this guy even more. Fast approaching my favorite player in the squad.

Victory supporters are really obsessed with how their team has won trophies and we haven't. It's always their comeback.

However, because they won those trophies when Heart didn't exist, to me they don't count.

Therefore, based on winning more derbies and finishing higher than them last season, Heart are definitely the best team in Melbourne, no question.

And I also now love DMac, despite being a little sceptical when we first signed him.

• Like 1

eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

A-class jimmy rustling from Dmac.

Joins the likes of Terra, Aloisi, Behich & Thompson as the ultimate derby heroes.

Didn't think it was possible for me to love this guy even more. Fast approaching my favorite player in the squad.

Pls do explain how you included Thompson and not Sibon in the list of terrace heroes.

Also relevant is Peter Zois.

• Like 1

He said "Derby Heroes" Hammer...

And although Sibon did score a ripper free kick, it was in the worst Derby of all time.

Whilst Matty T shook a Derby on its head in under three minutes.

Zois is Zois - A Class Act and perhaps VPL Championship winning coach come Sunday Night.

Edited by cadete

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...