Melbourne Football

Southampton FC

Jimmy

Ramirez was all over twitter the other day, I've also recently seen Tello from Barca on loan which I don't think will happen.

I really like the way you lads play, but I think you may find it difficult if you don't add in the last 2 weeks, it'll be hard to emulate Swansea that came up last year.

Edited by DutchPride

Watched that whole game. Very surprised by the saints, they have a good style and it's good to watch when they go forward. Lamberts goal was class, he knows where the goal is, Davis' goal was also brilliant, unfortunately you played City, any other day you wouldn't got something out of that result wise.

I do agree you'll do well if you can do play like that each week.

mate Southampton showed last night every reason why they will. played very well against the champions and will defo finish top 8 imo.

Chelsea scored a very lucky goal and a pen in which Hazard dived for. playing pretty average against a side that doesn't turn up to play til the last month is very worrying

I liked watching Southampton back in 2002 I think it was, and I'm glad to see them back in top flight, they are one of 4 teams that I have nominated on my list to look out for if Arsenal isn't playing, the other three are Newcastle United, West Ham United and Leeds United

TTIM: Reading "SOTON" on the TV via score display, could they have came up with something better to shorten their name to?

Edited by Young Polak

i dont doubt now southampton will stay up if they play like that week in out, you're right there.

but yelarof you do need to try harder to get me, i expect better next time man :(

not sure what you are getting at but i was 110% srs

I liked watching Southampton back in 2002 I think it was, and I'm glad to see them back in top flight, they are one of 4 teams that I have nominated on my list to look out for if Arsenal isn't playing, the other three are Newcastle United, West Ham United and Leeds United

great to hear mate. have you got yourself Setanta or a good place to stream games for the Championship?

Soton is abbreviation of Southampton in ALL circumstances, though; not just football.

For example, people from Southampton are known as Sotonians.

Yeah, it's just my ignorance, never knew the people were known as "Sotonians", didn't know it was their nickname and just reading it as SOTON before just didn't sit well with me, but at least I have learnt something for today.

Edited by Young Polak

Great to see a Southampton topic

If anyone is interested in joining up with other saints fans to cheer the boys on.We drink at the imperial when ever there on Foxtel,the home of the Heart.Last weekend against City we had a fair turn out of over 20 for a work night or you can go to Southampton Australian Supporters on Facebook.

Aww ye onya Scummers! You bested Stevenage in a cup tie. Superstars. You'll probably be in the same league as them in a couple of years so it's good to get some practice I guess. Enjoy the winning feel as much as you can lads, as it'll be hard to come by this year.

GOING DOWN YOU PIKEY TWATS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

Aww ye onya Scummers! You bested Stevenage in a cup tie. Superstars. You'll probably be in the same league as them in a couple of years so it's good to get some practice I guess. Enjoy the winning feel as much as you can lads, as it'll be hard to come by this year.

GOING DOWN YOU PIKEY TWATS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

Ouch

There you go Skate you feel better now.

Take some time out of your sad life this weekend to catch the Saints v Man U game at a packed St.Marys at 1.00am on Monday morning. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the bank for the only team in Hampshire.

Who the fuck is laughting now.

Ouch

There you go Skate you feel better now.

Take some time out of your sad life this weekend to catch the Saints v Man U game at a packed St.Marys at 1.00am on Monday morning. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the bank for the only team in Hampshire.

Who the fuck is laughting now.

Are u Southampton Til I Die???

Or realistically 4pm Sunday afternoon, but you know go by Aussie times to make it sound better. Man Utd travel terribly anyway, don't expect anything special regarding crowd figure increase.

Man Utd always fill their allocation.

And whenever a team that has been done for while plays them at home for the first time it always sells out.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok then,i`m glad that`s over with and we can start our season

Villa at home will be hard but not imposible for a team like Southampton who`ve scored 5 goals against the best in the premier league.

Great to see the Jananise and Urauguyan internationals play the other night.

Ramirez looks the goods and will be a star once he settle`s into life on the south coast

Only 4 points from our target so come on you saints