Melbourne Football

Vincenzo Grella

LR9

Another john aloisi farce. Who does this bloke answer to ?

Not necessarily, it's a risk but with a potentially big payoff. Vince wants to play again, someone lie him would be a great addition to our team. JD is the football director - his decision along with JA. Give it time, it isn't closing the door on any other options

• Like 1

Grella arrived at the club with over 20 different soft tissue injuries. He was unfit and had done no pre-season. He can get put back together but clearly it's a complex task that will take time. JA needs to be patient and trust his medical team and resist the temptation to involve 'gurus' who promise 'miracle cures'.

I agree it is a risk worth taking as Vincent Grella is a different standard of player.

If, and it's a big if, we can get him right and playing we can make a shot of it. But, Aloisi needs to refresh the tactics and start playing kids like GolGol, Mitchinson, Mauk for spark and energy. Garrucio also when he is fit. Edwards is a great talent and I think he will play a few games.

The only thing that worries me in what you say is this club is skint. We don't spend the money to have the best of the best in terms of medical and fitness staff. You can see with our team we are not the fittest side and this is an issue the club needs to address. We don't have the support to gather the donations from supporters to make a difference to our football department, so we would need a dedicated sponsor to chip in focussing on this.

Until we have better facilities, better and more fitness and medical staff, we will be fighting with one arm tied around our back.

The club will cry poor as they ALWAYS do, but they need to stop with the excuses and get it done.

I sure hope Grella come back fit and can play the whole season out. If we can play with the intensity we did against the scum, take our chances when presented, and have a bit of luck we can still be a massive influence on this season. Grella is a key.

• Like 1

Grella arrived at the club with over 20 different soft tissue injuries. He was unfit and had done no pre-season. He can get put back together but clearly it's a complex task that will take time. JA needs to be patient and trust his medical team and resist the temptation to involve 'gurus' who promise 'miracle cures'.

I agree it is a risk worth taking as Vincent Grella is a different standard of player.

If, and it's a big if, we can get him right and playing we can make a shot of it. But, Aloisi needs to refresh the tactics and start playing kids like GolGol, Mitchinson, Mauk for spark and energy. Garrucio also when he is fit. Edwards is a great talent and I think he will play a few games.

The only thing that worries me in what you say is this club is skint. We don't spend the money to have the best of the best in terms of medical and fitness staff. You can see with our team we are not the fittest side and this is an issue the club needs to address. We don't have the support to gather the donations from supporters to make a difference to our football department, so we would need a dedicated sponsor to chip in focussing on this.

Until we have better facilities, better and more fitness and medical staff, we will be fighting with one arm tied around our back.

The club will cry poor as they ALWAYS do, but they need to stop with the excuses and get it done.

I sure hope Grella come back fit and can play the whole season out. If we can play with the intensity we did against the scum, take our chances when presented, and have a bit of luck we can still be a massive influence on this season. Grella is a key.

we actually have got good medical and physio staff. We can use the ice bath bins fr garbage, ice baths have no measurable benefit

we actually have got good medical and physio staff. We can use the ice bath bins fr garbage, ice baths have no measurable benefit

Lol I have no issue with ice baths as garbage bins.

There is so much to facilities that we don't have that add to the overall fitness of a group. Victory have access to the best facilities. We don't. It's pretty simple.

Can this thread be locked pls?

Its quite obvious Vince will never play and this signing was as pointless as the Steven Gray signing.

He was apperently going to be ready by mid December, then they said he should play vs the jets on New Years but now he's still not even training and the club has said nothing about it.

Can this thread be locked pls?

Its quite obvious Vince will never play and this signing was as pointless as the Steven Gray signing.

He was apperently going to be ready by mid December, then they said he should play vs the jets on New Years but now he's still not even training and the club has said nothing about it.

If it were obvious he would never play then he'd have retired

Grella being anywhere from being a terrible to astute signing pretty much totally depends on the terms of the contract but as always most will just go with their random guesses which they take as factual.

Heavily peformance based contract/minimal base= astute.

Biggish base salary= terrible.

Grey in between= grey in between!

My beef as a member is that the club isn't telling me what's going on. To go into the season with 21 players, one of whom looks as though he won't play any significant part in the season, plus not signing any injury replacements for long-term injuries, makes it pretty hard for the team to be competitive even if everything else goes right.

Don't want to be seen as whinging, but I reckon it's selling us a bit short.

My beef as a member is that the club isn't telling me what's going on. To go into the season with 21 players, one of whom looks as though he won't play any significant part in the season, plus not signing any injury replacements for long-term injuries, makes it pretty hard for the team to be competitive even if everything else goes right.

Don't want to be seen as whinging, but I reckon it's selling us a bit short.

I agree that the club should communicate its strategy and give more information in it's updates

• 2 weeks later...

i saw him today he was behind me where i sat, he seemed pretty confident about returning, i suspect early Feb

Until he is in another practice game and pulls up sore. Although id say they will debut him at a home game to try and create a little bit of a buzz.

Edited by Dylan

Davey Williams said at the Members Post-Match Function that Vinnie was doing separate training and rehab from the main group because he had another niggle. J.Sharp on the money for mine.

JA has taken him out of the hands of the competent medical staff and sent him to a 'guru' who fixed a problem for JA many years ago. Given that Grella arrived with over 20 different soft tissue injuries, the medical staff should be supported not undermined, they've done a very good job

According to the squad announcement 10th January 2013 he has groin problem.

I think they are just saying different parts of his body for fun.

Unless the groin is the last remaining issue.

JD thinks he is two weeks away from full training, which one would assume would see him get a bench spot.

According to the squad announcement 10th January 2013 he has groin problem.

I think they are just saying different parts of his body for fun.

Unless the groin is the last remaining issue.

JD thinks he is two weeks away from full training, which one would assume would see him get a bench spot.

2 weeks from training means at least 4 weeks away from playing and that's absolutely best case scenario.

Knowing Vince, he doesn't play on the cheap either. Good signing Didiluca!

Well personally, knowing Didiluca's cousin's cat, and he reckons Vincenzo is an FBI operative and this means he can only play in certain games.

Say hello to your cat, top bloke...

IMO Scott Munn and j didiluca should publicly state the terms of grella.

Hell would freeze over before he plays/trains for free.