Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a hun is a nationalist? And Victory fans are nationalists?

Hun has many defintions but in this context i believe the most appropriate one would be as such; an ill-intentioned person/persons whose qualities, motives and methods are evil or at odds with general morality. This is basis for the British, and later, the whole Allied forces referring to the Germans as 'huns' during both world wars. WW1 in particular.

In other words, a shit bloke.

Huns used to be nomads who caused trouble for the Ancient Romans.

Nowadays, the term is generally used by Irish Nationalists to refer to the British (specifically British nationalists).

Although I think the context it's being used in here comes from using it to refer to the Germans in the World Wars. As far as I'm aware, it's because they were viewed and uncivilized and barbarians which is how the Romans viewed the original Huns.

Visitors probably has less cringeworthy conotations. Unless we have space aliens on the board and don't know about it ...

Or you could just call them cunts.

Yeah visitors is so good, imagine being such a pathetic club to play home games at a different stadium and wear an away top at home.

Least heart would never be so stupid as to wear an away top at home...imagine Heart wore yellow as a home top that would make it even more pathetic...wait this all sounds familiar

Edited by Downer

Rofl, f*ck off back to MV.net you flog, it was a fans designed limited edition 3rd kit & if you want to get technical the Morwell game was actually listed as an away game champ.

Funniest thing is you're playing in a different f*cking state for a home game in a few weeks.

Edited by DutchPride

Yeah visitors is so good, imagine being such a pathetic club to play home games at a different stadium and wear an away top at home.

Least heart would never be so stupid as to wear an away top at home...imagine Heart wore yellow as a home top that would make it even more pathetic...wait this all sounds familiar

you really live up to your username.

idiot. fuck off

Melbourne Victory today announces that Qantas Socceroo defender, Mark Milligan, will join the club on loan until the end of the Hyundai A-League season, subject to an International Transfer Certificate (ITC).

Milligan returns to the Hyundai A-League for a second time after initially representing Sydney FC (2005-08) and Newcastle Jets (2008/09), before the twelve-time Socceroo headed to Chinese club, Shanghai Shenhua, and then moved on to current club, JEF United, in Japan’s J-League 2.

The 26 year-old said, “The Japanese season has finished up now, so rather than have an extended break, I was really keen to get back to the A-League and Melbourne Victory was a very attractive option for me.”

“Playing overseas really heightens your interest in the domestic game back home, so I’ve been keeping a close eye on the A-League since I moved away a few years ago, and I’m really excited to be back until the end of the season.”

“Hopefully I can help get the club’s season back-on-track. The Melbourne Victory fans are the most passionate in the country so it will be great to play in front of them again, only this time as a Victory player,” Milligan added.

Melbourne Victory Coach, Jim Magilton, is eager to see the former Olyroos captain in action, “Mark brings a great deal of experience and quality to the squad and we’re delighted to have him for the rest of the season.“

“He’s a versatile player and can do a number of different jobs, so I expect him to be a real asset to the team.“

“While we have an array of attacking options, we felt it was imperative to bring in a player like Mark to strengthen our defensive set-up,” Magilton added.

In further player movement news, Melbourne Victory can also confirm that it has come to a financial settlement with former marquee-man, Ricardinho, thus freeing up a visa spot on the

clubs list.

Rofl f*ck off Milligan.

Edited by DutchPride