Melbourne Football

Elimination Final 2 - Week 1 - Perth v Melbourne

LR9

When worm is in good form, he is one of our better players in the team and actually creates things. Just put the guy in the team and let him prove himself. I'd rather try something new than see thompson serve up the same shit that i've been seeing the last 2 months.

The time to prove yourself as worthy of making the squad is not during a club's first ever finals campaign. Obviously he hasn't shown his worth at trainings and practice matches recently, and as a result is being over looked. I'm not saying that this gives Thompson the right to make the squad, but we don't have any other options to choose from.

As a whole, I feel that Thompson will contribute a lot more to the squad simply by being on the park than Worm. The lad has a presence on the field, even when isn't anywhere near the ball. Remember, at the start of the season, everyone was in shock as to why he wasn't given captaincy. I don't think Worm has ever been considered for such a role, an indication of both player's value to the squad.

A shitty Liverpool forum, with biased & single-minded opinions?

Rofffff, hardly much better nor private, all you have to do is be approved by site admin and you're in.

Anyways, think we will win, have what it takes & I can see the young lads stepping up to the occasion, got a feeling Babalj will bag a brace & Mate will play a ripper.

3-1 Melbourne.

You're an over sarcastic dick. I wasn't advocating Worm over Thompson, I was pointing out that he's been playing terribly for months now.

Playing well in the past wins finals - Suit up Thommo.

You're an over sarcastic dick. I wasn't advocating Worm over Thompson, I was pointing out that he's been playing terribly for months now.

Playing well in the past wins finals - Suit up Thommo.

Love these kind of posters... :wub:

Guys my old man is living in Perth for the time being, he will be over at the game cheering loudly for the heart boys!

I reckon we will win as Perth has not been challenged in quite a while, should be a real wake up call to them

They lost to Gold Coast 3-0 two weeks ago.

If Burns and Miller dont play (i dont know how fit they are) and we keep Smeltz quiet, we will win.

Fred will play in Worm (yes Worm!) for the first, and Babalj will strike with a header to seal the deal.

Smeltz's pressure will pay off and he'll score too.

How many goals has Smeltz scored against us this year?

Edit. 3 goals from 3 games. This is no bandwagon. This is actually a statistic. Odds are that he will score against us this week.

LR9 will you put some $$$ on Smeltz to score at any time? I will.

Edited by dRoy

As to Worm over Thommo, no way.

Personally, I would be tempted to bring Goodwin in to the side for either bench, or starting at LB with Aziz up at attacking LW. Why Goodwin? Great debut against Visitards in a big pressure situation. Pace. Perth haven't played against him. I thought he played well when he came on as a sub for Thommo. May also help the contractual situation.

If not Goodwin, then definitely Terra out on the left. Alex loves playing against Glory.

My early call is 3-2 to Heart - Smeltz double for Perth, and Babalj, Fred and Terra for the Heart. (Most likely will change)

Does anyone know what the phantom football family code is. I missed the members presale tickets and now the melbourne heart members ticket buying option has dissapeared. Rather confused. Only way of getting tickets now is with a football family code word or a glory membership number.

Can any of you actually make informative posts about the fucking game?

I'm sick of sifting through shit.

We have beaten Perth at NIB already this season and we can do it again. If we show up, play and show we can grind out the result, we will win . It was a fucking scrappy fixture last time at NIB and it's going to be the same. I'd rather we sit back and play on the counter, if we do, Dugandzic and Aziz will tear them apart again just like on the 17th of December. Nontheless, Fergie will be tactically outclassed by JVS', we will win.

It's going to be a fucking shitfight.

PS: Thommo scored in the same fixture against Perth 4 months ago, leave Rutger on the pine.

PS: Thommo scored in the same fixture against Perth 4 months ago, leave Rutger on the pine.

that was back when thommo was in decent form. He's in bad form now, and when thompson is in bad form he gives a backpass to smeltz who puts it in the bottom corner and we lose the game...

believe that was his attempt of 'marking' smeltz for that first goal as well. No disrespect to thompson, i just don't think we can afford to play out of form players in finals where 1 mistake can end our season

Edited by heart_fan10