Melbourne Football

Petr Kratky - Youth Development appointment

3 Points

8 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Now that he is retired as a semi pro player, is he free in the evenings to play for my futsal team? We're struggling in tier 5 right now but have a lot of potential and solid maccas sessions after games. 

I can offer approximately 2 mcflurrys as a signing bonus. 

Sign me up, represented Australia for U14s and U15s. Although the fine print says that I've gone through 2 knee reconstructions and have only just started running after a dislocated patella -_-

40 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Now that he is retired as a semi pro player, is he free in the evenings to play for my futsal team? We're struggling in tier 5 right now but have a lot of potential and solid maccas sessions after games. 

Plus ongoing quality horse racing tips

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Haha when I used to watch him play a few years ago, he was a decent left back. Don't think he'll go for the McFlurrys!

Only takes a split round before we have a thread on just another inconsequential assistant coaching appointment -  I'm not looking forward to the approaching hell of the 6-month off-season.

The football department seems in a state of continual turnover.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Who is the goalie coach now? Joey Nepotism still there, or has he moved on?

Was certainly still there at the last home match.

I've been trying to recall all the various people who have been in the support roles. As Assistant Coaches to the men's team we started in 2010-11 with Jesper Olsen and Ante Milicic, and Peter Zois was GK Coach as well as a player. Olsen left after one season and I can't remember whether he was replaced, but Milicic remained for 2011-12, as did Zois. Aloisi was the first Youth Coach, with Arthur Papas as Assistant, but the latter was poached by Newcastle after only a couple of months. Joey Nepotism arrived in 2012 as Youth GK Coach, and Joe Palatsides also arrived in 2012. Did Hayden Foxe join after Papas left? When Aloisi got the Head Coach role in 2012-13, Foxe became his Assistant. Since then it's all become a blur, with Trani and Jolic arriving and leaving, and now Valkanis, and Montemurro from the Women's team.

Who have I missed in this bewildering chain of events?

Edited by jw1739

20 hours ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

Ah, yes. Well done. Met him at a pre-season match at Frankston. I'd guess he writes his own Wiki...

I see that after he left Heart he has worked under Avram Grant for the Ghana F.A., amongst other appointments; he's now back in Spain.

Edited by jw1739