Melbourne Football

Photography

bazzatron

Yeah. That's probably a fair price for work of that quality.

I wonder how much people actually donate to him. Could be pretty good for what appears to be the guy's side gig.

I can't imagine it would be that much- if anything. It's just a bunch of random shit with stock filters put over top of the images. Don't see anyone opening their wallet for that.

Having said that, there are plenty of successful photographers out there making a decent living off very substandard work because they have marketed themselves effectively. So who knows. Maybe he is making a killing.

I wonder how much people actually donate to him. Could be pretty good for what appears to be the guy's side gig.

I can't imagine it would be that much- if anything. It's just a bunch of random shit with stock filters put over top of the images. Don't see anyone opening their wallet for that.

Having said that, there are plenty of successful photographers out there making a decent living off very substandard work because they have marketed themselves effectively. So who knows. Maybe he is making a killing.

Basically everything I have learnt about how the world works comes down to this. Skill is never as important as how well you market yourself.

• Like 1

Basically everything I have learnt about how the world works comes down to this. Skill is never as important as how well you market yourself.

look at Hoffman for example.... 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some more 'before and after' images have been leaked, this time from Terry Richardson's shoot with Mariah Carey. Its interesting how much everyone is kicking up a shit about it considering how little its been retouched (by comparison to most other high end shoots).

cdv98x28nqsgg7h6yh77.gif

http://jezebel.com/retouch-my-body-terry-richardson-pix-of-mariah-carey-b-1603712028

Ye thats pretty minor compared to front page magazine stuff however the waist has been brought in quite a bit...

She does go from 12 beers to 2 and half in under 3 seconds.

True. But still no worse than a lot of other shoots

Edited by KSK_47

Some more 'before and after' images have been leaked, this time from Terry Richardson's shoot with Mariah Carey. Its interesting how much everyone is kicking up a shit about it considering how little its been retouched (by comparison to most other high end shoots).

cdv98x28nqsgg7h6yh77.gif

http://jezebel.com/retouch-my-body-terry-richardson-pix-of-mariah-carey-b-1603712028

I'd hit that woman.

• Like 1

cdv98x28nqsgg7h6yh77.gif

I'd hit that woman.

Dont you have your own forum to post on, Archie?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend, two of soccer’s biggest teams brought their talents to ‘The Big House,’ in Ann Arbor, Michigan, to host what was the largest attendance record for a soccer game on US soil. It was Manchester United vs. Real Madrid and despite the efforts from both clubs, Manchester United came out on top, with a 3–1 victory.

But, despite a victory, an embarrassing photoshop fail from Spanish media outlet, Marca, has left Manchester United fans a bit upset. In an overhead photograph of the game, shared by Manchester United on Twitter, Marca decided it would attempt to diminish the crowd presence of Manchester United fans by desaturating the shirts of those in the stands of the Big House.

BuEUCIBIQAEZAnD.jpg

http://petapixel.com/2014/08/03/photoshop-fail-news-outlet-tried-to-make-the-crowd-appear-more-pro-madrid-at-the-big-house/

• Like 1

WIKIMEDIA has declined a photographer’s requests to remove an image he says is being used online without permission, because it was a monkey that pressed the shutter button...Mr Slater is claiming Wikimedia have decided the monkey owns the copyright because it took the photo

020665-c378e094-1d73-11e4-8adb-938012f29

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/photographer-david-slater-battles-wikimedia-over-claims-macaque-monkey-owns-copyright-to-selfie/story-fnjwmwrh-1227016020721

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2

WIKIMEDIA has declined a photographer’s requests to remove an image he says is being used online without permission, because it was a monkey that pressed the shutter button...Mr Slater is claiming Wikimedia have decided the monkey owns the copyright because it took the photo

020665-c378e094-1d73-11e4-8adb-938012f29

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/photographer-david-slater-battles-wikimedia-over-claims-macaque-monkey-owns-copyright-to-selfie/story-fnjwmwrh-1227016020721

020629-c860bf46-1d73-11e4-8adb-938012f29

haha love it. However i think the photograph should be credited to David.

Surely that's NK propaganda?!!!

Almost makes Pyongyang look liveable.

Obviously, they wouldn't let it be filmed otherwise.

Does renew my interest in going to North Korea, would be amazing, just because we'll probably never see a place like NK again in our lifetimes once it all falls apart (which can't be far off)

• Like 1

Does renew my interest in going to North Korea, would be amazing, just because we'll probably never see a place like NK again in our lifetimes once it all falls apart (which can't be far off)

True, would be a very interesting trip!

I dont think it is propaganda as such (as in i dont think the North Korean Govt. approached the producers- its the same people that did ), but yeah I imagine they would have had very stringent control over every aspect of this film. I cannot begin to imagine the planning and logistics of creating this.

Completely agree with you Tesla. North Korea is top of my "places i want to see before i die" list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In case some people have missed it in the news, this photo has been causing a lot of controversy. A great example of a thought provoking image being used out of context. Way out of context. In fact, I would say this qualifies as irony.

Having one of your photos used by an Australian senator without permission would probably upset you as is, but what if that photo was used in a way that you believed “desecrated” the memory of the subject in the picture?

That’s the situation Canadian photographer Lana Slezic recently found herself in when she saw her photo of Lt Col Malalai Kakar — Afghanistan’s first female policewoman who was killed by the Taliban in 2008 — being used by Senator Jacqui Lambie to push a “Ban the Burka” campaign.

bantheburka1.jpg

http://petapixel.com/2014/09/21/photographer-appalled-senators-misuse-afghani-policewoman-photo-ban-burka-campaign/

• 2 weeks later...

10358559_10152455919808865_3672871488846

Photo Caption: In this Friday, Sept. 26, 2014 photo, released by the U.S. Air Force, a U.S Air Force KC-10 Extender refuels an F-22 Raptor fighter aircraft prior to strike operations in Syria. These aircraft were part of a strike package that was engaging Islamic State group targets in Syria. Washington and its Arab allies opened the air assault against the extremist group on Sept. 23, striking military facilities, training camps, heavy weapons and oil installations. The campaign expands upon the airstrikes the United States has been conducting against the militants in Iraq since early August. (AP Photo/U.S. Air Force, Russ Scalf )