Melbourne Football

Football Manager 15

Tesla

New thread instead of continuing the FM14 thread.

Where have others bought this from, GMG VIP has it US$38 and I have a $2 credit so $36 but that's more than I've paid others years plus the AUD is shit right now. Tempted to use one of the CD key websites, especially the ones with RU keys you have to activate through a VPN for like $US20, but not sure if it's worth the risk.

Went out and bought it in physical form from EB games for $60 on launch day as I do every year. Started a Melbourne City career, currently 3rd in the league about 2 weeks ahead of now. Also in the semi final of the FFA Cup. Sold Germano day 1 after he requested to leave, brought in Kim Dong-Jim a Korean LB from Muangthong to take the final visa spot and brought in former Borussia Mönchengladbach and North Queensland Fury LB/LM Chris Tadrosse from Bonnyrigg White Eagles to take up the final squad place. Mate Dugandzic has been my best player so far with 7 goals in 9 matches and was player of the month for October. Andrew Redmayne did a hernia in preseason so Tando Velaphi stepped up as number 1 and is yet to lose his spot due to his great form. Highlights so far have been my 3-2 win in the first derby and my 5-0 pumping of the Mariners. My biggest lowlight was a 6-3 loss to Brisbane Roar.

tl;dr JVS out, GreenSeater in.

• Like 5

I'm still waiting for it for handheld

Handheld version is a lot different from the PC version pretty sure.

Bought an RU CD key after some research, all is good, ended up being like Au$26

Yeah, it is very different, the size of the files indicate this lol. 400meg handheld vs ??gigs pc. 

Good choice, buy the CD key and D/L the game. :D

Lol I'm just going to keep this thread going on my own. Finished my first season as Melbourne City 3rd and lost in the semi-final to Victory. About to start season 2 and I've done an overhaul of my squad. Here is my starting lineup:

GK - Mark Schwarzer (Chelsea)

RB - Matthew Byrne (Sydney Olympic)

CB - Patrick Kisnorbo

CB - Connor Chapman

LB - Chris Tadrosse (Bonnyrigg)

RM - Robert Koren

CM - Eric Paartalu

CM - Paulo Retre

LM - Damien Duff

ST - Dramane Traore (Dubai)

ST - Mohannad Abdul Raheem (Duhok)

S1 - Andrew Redmayne

S2 - Calum O'Connell (Sydney United)

S3 - Jacob Melling

S4 - Mate Dugandzic

S5 - David Williams

Edited by GreenSeater
  • Like 1

Obviously different for each position, but it's just whatever I feel is the absolute most important for each role. My forwards have good finishing and composure, and then pace strength and positioning etc are secondary stats that are important too. I also use my scouts opinions on each players potential ability a lot, particularly amongst young kids like Byrne and Mohannad Abdul Raheem

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Got FM16 today. Interesting new feature is Create a Club mode. Feel like they could have done a lot more with it tbh, you essentially replace any team in the game, change the logo name colours stadium etc, but the finances and stuff all remain the same. Thinking of returning Melbourne City to Melbourne Heart and winning the league in red and white

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

Got FM16 today. Interesting new feature is Create a Club mode. Feel like they could have done a lot more with it tbh, you essentially replace any team in the game, change the logo name colours stadium etc, but the finances and stuff all remain the same. Thinking of returning Melbourne City to Melbourne Heart and winning the league in red and white

Didn't realise that the created club replaces another. Thought it was just a new, added club. Interested to try the online fantasy draft mode if/when I get my hands on the game.

Well season 1 is a wrap. Finished the season in 1st place and ended up losing on penalties to Adelaide United in the semi-final. Mooy finished as League player of the year and Corey Gameiro csme 3rd in the golden boot, beating Williams' club record of most goals in a season by 1 with 13 goals. My starting XI for the semi-final was this:

4-2-4 Wide

GK: Sørenson

RB: Franjic

CB: Kisnorbo

CB: Hughes

LB: Clisby

CM: Mooy

CM: Melling

RW: Novillo

LW: Oikonomidis

ST: Gamiero

ST: Mullins

Bench:

Velaphi

Zullo

Mauk

Paartaluu

Williams

I sold Koren at the start of the season after West Ham offered 200k for him, I replaced him with Andrija Kaludjerovic, the former Brisbane striker. Kaludjerovic and Fornaroli took turns in playing absolutely shite up front with all my goals coming from midfield. I ended up dropping them both for Gamiero, and they cracked the shits and complained a lot to the media. I ended up paying out Kaludjerovic's contract in January after he demanded to be sold and ended up freezing Fornaroli out as he was starting to effect the morale of the squad. At the start of the season I also signed Chris Oikonomidis, the young Aussie winger from Lazio for 1.3 million. He went on to win the league young player of the year award and pretty much dominate. I also signed Patrick Mullins from New York City on a loan, he scored 8 goals in 8 starts so I'm trying to make the deal permanent. So essentially when the club finally sacks JVS they are welcome to give me a call.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

What did people pay? 

Picked it up the last few years for under 30$, maybe a bit more last year. But seems it hasn't been that cheap this year, on sale for £20 in tesco which is a bit more than $40 apparently the cheapest it's been anywhere from what I've heard?

Edited by Tesla

13 hours ago, Tesla said:

What did people pay? 

Picked it up the last few years for under 30$, maybe a bit more last year. But seems it hasn't been that cheap this year, on sale for £20 in tesco which is a bit more than $40 apparently the cheapest it's been anywhere from what I've heard?

tes pls play a real futbol game

pes at me brah

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Davy21 said:

Currently 25% off on steam at the moment, if anyone is thinking of biting the bullet and buying it

Got it for cheaper in the UK, physical copy as well (not that it matters, I just plugged the key into Steam).

Cost like $40.

i'm sure it's cheaper on those CD key sites.

Edited by Tesla

• 2 weeks later...
On 19 November 2015 at 2:02 AM, GreenSeater said:

Well season 1 is a wrap. Finished the season in 1st place and ended up losing on penalties to Adelaide United in the semi-final. Mooy finished as League player of the year and Corey Gameiro csme 3rd in the golden boot, beating Williams' club record of most goals in a season by 1 with 13 goals. My starting XI for the semi-final was this:

4-2-4 Wide

GK: Sørenson

RB: Franjic

CB: Kisnorbo

CB: Hughes

LB: Clisby

CM: Mooy

CM: Melling

RW: Novillo

LW: Oikonomidis

ST: Gamiero

ST: Mullins

Bench:

Velaphi

Zullo

Mauk

Paartaluu

Williams

I sold Koren at the start of the season after West Ham offered 200k for him, I replaced him with Andrija Kaludjerovic, the former Brisbane striker. Kaludjerovic and Fornaroli took turns in playing absolutely shite up front with all my goals coming from midfield. I ended up dropping them both for Gamiero, and they cracked the shits and complained a lot to the media. I ended up paying out Kaludjerovic's contract in January after he demanded to be sold and ended up freezing Fornaroli out as he was starting to effect the morale of the squad. At the start of the season I also signed Chris Oikonomidis, the young Aussie winger from Lazio for 1.3 million. He went on to win the league young player of the year award and pretty much dominate. I also signed Patrick Mullins from New York City on a loan, he scored 8 goals in 8 starts so I'm trying to make the deal permanent. So essentially when the club finally sacks JVS they are welcome to give me a call.

Finally got the game (downloaded it for free cos I'm cheap). Started with Melb City just to warm up. But there were issues with squad registrations. Because some of the youngsters weren't on youth contracts, because I couldn't include them in the 23-man squad, they would have to be released as a result. Did the same happen to you? For example, Callum Richardson, Espindola, Cristaldo, Marino aren't on youth contracts so they'd have to be released by mutual agreement cos I haven't registered them into the squad.

24 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Finally got the game (downloaded it for free cos I'm cheap). Started with Melb City just to warm up. But there were issues with squad registrations. Because some of the youngsters weren't on youth contracts, because I couldn't include them in the 23-man squad, they would have to be released as a result. Did the same happen to you? For example, Callum Richardson, Espindola, Cristaldo, Marino aren't on youth contracts so they'd have to be released by mutual agreement cos I haven't registered them into the squad.

The main issue for me is the inability to correctly sign a marquee. The only people you can sign on marquee contracts are players offered by their agents and requesting a marquee contract. Until this is fixed I wont be doing an A League career. Currently trying out the Create-a-Club again, using the australian lower leagues editor file and trying to get my local side to the Asian Champions League

8 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

The main issue for me is the inability to correctly sign a marquee. The only people you can sign on marquee contracts are players offered by their agents and requesting a marquee contract. Until this is fixed I wont be doing an A League career. Currently trying out the Create-a-Club again, using the australian lower leagues editor file and trying to get my local side to the Asian Champions League

But did you have the same problems that I stated?

Edit: Never mind. It only said that they'd get released before the actual deadline for squad registration. When it prompted me to submit my squad, there was no issue with it.

Edited by hakz7

• 9 months later...