Melbourne Football

RWU AGM Sunday 24/11 at 3pm

GabiBoyd

Hi All,

The 2013 Annual General Meeting of Red & White Unite Association will be held at the Imperial Hotel, this Sunday the 24th of November 2013 before the Newcastle away game. Start time is 3.00 pm.

As per all previous years, the AGM agenda is an election of 6 Committee members. 4 of these Committee members will need to be elected as office holders (i.e. President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary). If you are interested in standing for a position, please post your nominations below.

Everyone is invited, new faces and old, and everyone is welcome to stand for election.  Many of the old RWU guard are no longer able to commit the time and energy to the club that they once did, so it is time for some new people to bring fresh ideas and life to the official Melbourne Heart Supporters Association.  

If you've ever 
felt disconnected with other supporters or felt frustrated with the direction of the club, and have some positive ideas or just plain enthusiasm for Melbourne Heart, please do come along!  RWU enjoys a positive relationship with club officials so there's a good opportunity to let your voice be heard.  

Any questions, feel free to ask - or just rock up!

- Gabi
RWU Committee Member

Wasn't this the group that tried to get rid of so happy together?

No mate. We tried to save it. You're thinking of the 'Fan Representative Group', most of whom hate active support and are actively campaigning to get rid of the song (apparently).

Alex, bit hard to explain in detail here but basically like any committee, president chairs meetings, secretary keeps minutes and calls meetings, treasurer writes cheques. Other roles are basically assigned tasks at meetings. Meetings are at agreed times, and generally aren't more often than once every 6 weeks, unless there's a big event coming up.

It's not too involved. We have the Heartcast and Schip Happens which are ongoing (or on a break), but they only involve the people who work on them. Other than that, we run a couple of fun fundraising events for supporters throughout the year. E.g. 5-a-side tournament, season launch. Other ideas pending and welcome. We're trying to do more and reach more people every year.

Nominating myself for president, I need an Anglo running mate to secure the Anglo vote and win this thing, any takers?

Just kidding. Who is current president, is it Bozza? I like RWU a lot more since Bozza has been in charge (srs), keep him.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Nominating myself for president, I need an Anglo running mate to secure the Anglo vote and win this thing, any takers?

Just kidding. Who is current president, is it Bozza? I like RWU a lot more since Bozza has been in charge (srs), keep him.

You have to be nominated by someone else... Happy for a bit of competition but I warn you... my people have been out picketing the streets and I have developed a handy lead in the polls over you, as I fore-sore this issue occurring (you may have leaks in your department lolz)

In all seriousness though, I appreciate the vote of confidence. I am doing my best to help RWU do something that can benefit everyone of us in as many ways as is possible!

See you all Sunday for either AGM or Heart Away!