Melbourne Football

English Premier League

malloy

Everton will win the league, you say Man Utd are notoriously bad starters, Everton are normally even worse.

I was in my element this morning, losing my shizzle! Interested to see how Mirallas performs in the league, hopefully we can continue this form with a win over Villa.

How good is Fellaini? What the fucks going on with Belgian football these days, so many quality players. This guy would warrant 25m+, he's just class, is just a force in midfield and can play off the back of the strikers like the match today. Everyon deserved the win tbf, Osman & Pienaar will be great for them, great link and interchange, would be great to have Pienaar back.

With Jelavic, Naismith & Miralles as a strike force we might see Everton scoring a lot more goals than usual and if they actually start well this year & continue their "get better as the season goes on" tradition, they'll be pushing European spots.

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 2

I know it's only 2 games in and it's a very very long season and I hate it when people make rash predictions off a couple of performances but I'm happy to say I think I was wrong with Swansea.

Still don't think they will have it all their own way this season and I think they'll struggle at times but they are looking very impressive atm and they're a joy to watch at times. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be playing them at this stage of the season.

Villa look woeful too, think they might find themselves in real trouble this season if they don't start getting results soon.

lol at spurs. Was a pretty boring match until Defoe's offside goal but the last part of the match quite entertaining. WBA are a good side though tbf, every time they come up against the likes off Liverpool, Tottenham etc. I always get the feeling they might get something out of it. Will be interesting to see how they go this year and if they can beat the teams below them I see no reason why they can't challenge for a spot in Europe.

Looking quite promising at Chelsea but we're not creating a heap of chances. Torres and Hazard look very dangerous at times but they are still a bit inconsistent imo. Mata looks tired. Back 4 was very solid, I hope that becomes our first choice back 4 soon. Ivan in particular was brilliant. Mikel played outstanding too, probably best on, controlled the game tbh.

Like I said though, it's a long season and nothing is going to be decided in the first few weeks.

Do enjoy seeing Liverpool on the bottom of the table though.

Meireles & Mikel exceptional, added exceptional balance to the team, the best it's been so far this season. Agree Mata looks tired, Hazard/Mata/Torres link up is fine 3 matches in, so ill-experienced you wouldn't even expect it to be where it's at a week into the league season, scary to think what it could become. Back four was brilliant, like I've said previously - Luiz & Cahill matured brilliantly towards the end of the last season & on first look this season it looks the same way. Big ups to Bertrand, he really has the taken the chances he's been given & shown how good he can really be, AND he's playing out of natural position, hopefully when Joshy comes back from loan at Middlesbrough he takes the chances like Ryan has when he gets them, he deserves this loan at Middlesbrough & from what I've heard, he's been excellent in his first 2 matches, MotM in the first. Would like to take out the Super Cup, we've got international break the week after it, so fatigue won't effect the league campaign & would be good to just add another trophy to the cabinet.

On to other games/clubs now:

Everton really looking a lot better this year, their style just looks a lot more fluid than it usually does, it's not slow & the balance is brilliant atm, Fellaini really has come good & getting Pienaar back has been exceptional for them, excited to see what Miralles can do, because along with Jelavic & Naismith, seems like a very dangerous strike force, really great start. Villa on the other hand look absolutely fucking horrible, would not be surprised if they go down, in their first two they've looked worse than last year & I know it's early, but that's pretty fucking shite.

Brilliant that Spurs were denied, was a delight to see Lukaku celebrating when WBA equalized late on after all the AVB-Lukaku conflict that came out in the off-season, got nothing really to say about Spurs, still think they'll be decent when their squad is settled and Parker is back. Like I said last week about WBA, anyone who tipped them to go down had to be kidding themselves, they only racked up 21 home points last year, it's not hard to beat that. Steve Clarke brings a lot more excitement to that squad, so used to seeing the boring football played under Hodgson, it's good to watch them under Clarke, and it just shows he deserved a chance a long time ago, I'm keen to see what they can do & they'll no doubt be around the top 10 mark.

On to United, it just seems that teams aren't so scared of them anymore after that 4-4 with Everton last season, Fulham went out & attacked at the start & deservedly took the league, unfortunately it was early on in the game & RvP scored a cracker but while watching I could still tell Fulham weren't afraid to go at Utd & I thought a 2nd for Fulham was inevitable, I know United aren't strong at the back at the moment with Carrick having to fill in, but even Vidic looks hesitant and uncomfortable with teams coming at them so often.

Swansea, brilliant again - they're just great to watch, they've added some good players; Michu, De Guzman & Chico Flores at the back - all players that have played in Spain before, just fits their style perfectly and tbf to Laudrup anyone who thought Swansea would go down because they lost Rodgers are stupid, Laudrup was king of sexy as a player & is showing it as a manager, he was playing this sort of style at Getafe 5 years ago, it was a perfect signing for the Swans, and it's been evident in the first two weeks, they just control the game & a team like West Ham stood no hope especially when Collins doesn't have a brain & West Ham don't ever seem to play the sport.

Don't have much to say about the Soton vs. Wigan game, judging by how Wigan played against us last week & Soton not afraid to play against City, I was expecting their to be a win with both teams attacking & Wigan got it, tough luck for Soton with Utd next week.

There's my extensive round up of the weekend so far, I think it'll be a tough one at Stoke ending in a 1-1, will be tough for Arsenal to break Stoke down. City 2-0 against Liverpool, big loss with Agger out, won't be able to hold out Tevez.

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 1

Go easy on Ginger Pele....hahahaha.

How we didnt score 2-3 goals against Swansea - I can't put in to words how disappointed I am. That said, Vorm was phenomenal. The score didn't really reflect the game and although we where comprehensively outplayed, if things went our way (Collins not eating shit, Vorm off form, Cant9Cole knowing how to hit a target, team blend..) we could have come away with a point.

Alas, we lost and we move onto next week. Hope that BFS chewed 2/3's the teams ears off post match. Although the squad is still trying to blend and trying to adapt to BFS's 'style' for want of a better word - no excuses. Lads need to pull their heads in.

Also, Wobbin Van Perzie!

Thank you Agent Wenger.

Your mission is almost complete...

x6irnp.jpg

i actually hope we sell Walcott. not even that good, and only showed something when he linked up with van Persie..... :o we all know what happened there.

and... IMO everyone of those sales were justified. reasons include contracts running out, players surplus to the squad, or getting more money for them then what they're worth - and then investing in new (hopefully better) players.

i actually hope we sell Walcott. not even that good, and only showed something when he linked up with van Persie..... :o we all know what happened there.

and... IMO everyone of those sales were justified. reasons include contracts running out, players surplus to the squad, or getting more money for them then what they're worth - and then investing in new (hopefully better) players.

totally agree. no one player is bigger than Arsene or the club. What gets me is that AW doesn't get rid the the deadwood quick enough. Bentner is still hanging about ffs, Chamakh, Squillaci, Rosicky all should of had the arse by now. I wouldn't want to see Theo go, been 5 years to get him to this level, playing consistently will give him more confidence and therefore better performances from the guy. but once again i'm afraid Arsenal will be aiming for 3rd or 4th and hopefully CL quarter finals and a good crack at the FA Cup. we can't sell Fabregas, RVP, Nasri and expect to be challenging for titles. Been hearing it for years but never liked it or agreed, but Arsenal are a feeder club, a stepping stone onto bigger things. Its a shame, debt free, 60,000 paying big money for a seat every week but not challenging for the top honours, something has to change and i reckon we all know what but dare not mention it!

• Like 1

totally agree. no one player is bigger than Arsene or the club. What gets me is that AW doesn't get rid the the deadwood quick enough. Bentner is still hanging about ffs, Chamakh, Squillaci, Rosicky all should of had the arse by now. I wouldn't want to see Theo go, been 5 years to get him to this level, playing consistently will give him more confidence and therefore better performances from the guy. but once again i'm afraid Arsenal will be aiming for 3rd or 4th and hopefully CL quarter finals and a good crack at the FA Cup. we can't sell Fabregas, RVP, Nasri and expect to be challenging for titles. Been hearing it for years but never liked it or agreed, but Arsenal are a feeder club, a stepping stone onto bigger things. Its a shame, debt free, 60,000 paying big money for a seat every week but not challenging for the top honours, something has to change and i reckon we all know what but dare not mention it!

true!

i think we would be favorites for the title if we still had Clichy, Nasri, Fabregas, van Persie. of course with the massive overhauls with the squad it makes it harder (think we will see it with QPR this year) and results cant be expected straight away. Bentner is not too bad, hopefully Chamakh and Squillaci can GTFO. Andri also. Rosicky isnt too bad, good bench player IMO. hopefully we can get Essien on a 1yr loan deal to provide cover. shouldve got Sahin. Every transfer period, believe it or not, Wenger makes a step in the right direction (Cazorla! <3) but all our opposition in the top half do it x10000 faster while spending x1000 the amount of money and falling into more and more debt.

TBH, would be thrilled with 3rd/4th place finish and an FA Cup this year.

English Premier League is by far the best league in the world. The way they have marketed themselves and cornered the market is exceptional. If only those commys in FIFA and UEFA werent always trying to regulate everything. Trying to protect other nations' leagues instead of allow the EPL to globalise further, protectionism at its finest which is surely in breach of WTO treaties.

I'd propose a franchising concept as a solution, whereby, for example, the A-League would be replaced by the EPL - Australia. Would surely boost the local game having a brand name with such market penetration, boosting our economy and thus allowing the government to decrease income tax.

• Like 1

I'd propose a franchising concept as a solution, whereby, for example, the A-League would be replaced by the EPL - Australia. Would surely boost the local game having a brand name with such market penetration, boosting our economy and thus allowing the government to decrease income tax.

I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you?

• Like 1

English Premier League is by far the best league in the world. The way they have marketed themselves and cornered the market is exceptional. If only those commys in FIFA and UEFA werent always trying to regulate everything. Trying to protect other nations' leagues instead of allow the EPL to globalise further, protectionism at its finest which is surely in breach of WTO treaties.

lol.

You're a bit obvious though.

Was pretty smashed last night so can't remember much but from what I do remember: We were pretty shite, Stoke played well though and if we hadn't won, I don't think you could really complain. Why was Ashley Cole where he was for the goal? Thank fuck he was though because Torres was invisible again.

Good to see Lukaku score again too, the way things are going atm he shouldn't have a problem being our main striker next season.

Don't think we were shite, thought we were narrow in the first half - lot harder to attack then defend especially when Stoke are an awful side who have 10 behind it.

Thought we showed good character like the Reading game to grind it out & get the points, agreed Torres was invisible today, would like to see Bamford start midweek vs. Wolves aswell as Piazon.

Mikel & Ramires extremely solid, this obviously proves Ramires' best position is central.

Post in the Chelsea thread you idiot.

Don't think we were shite, thought we were narrow in the first half - lot harder to attack then defend especially when Stoke are an awful side who have 10 behind it.

Thought we showed good character like the Reading game to grind it out & get the points, agreed Torres was invisible today, would like to see Bamford start midweek vs. Wolves aswell as Piazon.

Mikel & Ramires extremely solid, this obviously proves Ramires' best position is central.

Yeah shite was probably a bit harsh. I was at club fundraising night and paid $60 to watch the match so was a bit frustrated with the lack of goals. Ironically, I said I would be happy with 1-0 though and the three points is all that matters, so I am.

Will be disappointed if Piazon doesn't start vs. Wolves, hopefully Azpelicueta too and maybe Marin if he's fit yet. Doubt Bamford will start though, possibly a spot on the bench. I hope Kane can get some time off the bench as well.

Regarding Sundays matches: Thought the red to Shelvey was a little harsh on Liverpool because I thought they both could have seen red for their challenges (has that ever happened before?) I thought the ref got all the other big calls right tbf.

People calling Man U scum for singing through ynwa are wankers and obviously part time supporters, too. Doubt they watch anything other than the big matches. Some of the shit people say when matches like this are played are beyond cringeworthy but this is up there with the worst.

Good to see citeh and Le'Arse dropping more points, too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mirallas was brilliant in the first half. The game really suffered when he came off and the second half wasn't as entertaining until injury time. I think Everton would have won if he'd stayed on too.

Horrible tackle by Suarez, don't know how that wasn't a red. Good player and he could have had a hat trick but he is really is a dirty cunt.

Fair result in the end, the ref had a shocker all game too imo.

Lack of concentration for a short period of time looking like it might cost us again. Not the first time this season we have conceded cheap goals in quick succession but otherwise dominating.

Hazard losing the ball again leading to an opposition goal. Think he has been slightly disappointing since the first few games. Needs a good second half and needs to be better defensively imo.

Unlucky to be behind and De Gea has been outstanding.

Outstanding FK by Mata. Keep this intensity up and we should be able to get at least a draw.

UTC