Melbourne Football

Flick here for Subbuteo

KSK_47

seriously considering slowly investing in some la laggenda team editions.

I am one of those types who collect valuable things (such as coins, banknotes etc) and from what I see in these teams, as they are limited and so beautifully designed and painted, it is pretty convincing. They are LW teams, but I once played my West Germany LW team before and had little problems with them because the pitch was freshly ironed. But I would have to use a proper set up pitch on a wooden board to fully clarify this.

I have the Croatian 1998 team and it just looks so fucking mint.

774350_10151364427089679_918732530_o.jpg

• Like 4

The Belgian team is great but I remember in the 80's they made the Belgium 84 kits (a red kit and a white kit), which were much better than the 86 one.
The Subbuteo Legenda are good for collectors and I think they shouldn't be used to play because they are quite fragile.

If you want to invest money on teams to use in tournaments, either buy some professioal stuff or play with either ZEUGO teams (the onews with the flat bases) or the new Subbuteo made by Paul Lamond (those distributed in Australia by Crown & Andrews).

• 2 weeks later...

I think they are late LW bases, but ask the seller, maybe they can help

For my playing surface I invested in a pin board, 10.50 off eBay compared to 130 from office works brand new, so I think I've done alright. Haven't measured it up properly and the sides hang off a little, but none if the playing surface is effected, could simply fix with some balsa wood to support my newly bought subbuteo fences which are on the way. Here is a pic for anyone interested, take up a mighty lot of space in my room however so it's standing up currently.

post-778-0-32142400-1367625077_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

You wouldn't happen to have links would you? Would be keen on stealing the idea if alright with you! Haha

However I'm thinking I might build my own terraces as I do not have $50 to spend on one terrace.. So I was wondering, how big is one supporter length ways sitting down? Was going to carve grooves into some wood or something and see how things turn out..

I tested my LW figures and seen which ones are best

This is the brand for good LW figures to look out for (design of box)

741263_10151325357634679_1940573259_o.jp

This is utter shit, it's like the weight of half a ping pong ball, and a decent flick is too much for it to try and stay stable

740288_10151325357694679_548930299_o.jpg

West Ham example has a much flatter base as well and almost as good as zeugo but can still tumble if hit it pretty hard, but playable still

Edited by Young Polak