Melbourne Football

Flick here for Subbuteo

KSK_47

I have good news for all LW team owners,

I was able to use my swiss pocket knife to dig into the base and separate the figure from the base, the ones with the triangular holes are much easier to deal with since they aren't glued, the circular ones are a bitch since some of them are glued together but in the end I'm happy that I'm able to get them all out and now I can apply some raptor bases so I can properly use them for games.

IMG_5852.jpg?t=1386201198

note: That is not dandruff on the pad, that's just the plastic when I was separating them

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 2

but do this at your own risk, some can be collectible.

Like the Arsenal one with the JVC sponsor at the top left of the pic, I bought it for around $20 last year and now the price increased to $35 on some ebay stores. Pulling them apart and putting new bases would drop their collectible value. At the moment I'm not into collecting LW team and storing them away for its value, so I'm doing this for my own enjoyment

IBases area. Great choice- it's is the seller's (little plastic men) own creation/ product and gives great service. Not sure about timing with the Christmas rush but I got my bases within 7 days of ordering. Pleasure to work with. Remember that you will need to glue weights into the bottom of the bases ( supplied free with the ibases). Otherwise I strongly recommend ptf sureshot bases which can be bought from this link here: http://www.superfooty.net/product/PTF12101/PTF+Sureshot+bases+%26+discs+set

The sureshots sit lower than the ibases and are less chunky. They slide great on an as tropic hand are a pleasure to play with. I personally prefer them as they are easier to control but the iBase can pack a harder shot with much practice. Ultimately give it a go. If you are ever able to make it to a tournament I can let you try them out but you wing go wrong with either base.

IBase:

Pros-

Great seller and website

Many different colour choices

Quite inexpensive

Packs a very hard shot

Cons-

Quite chunky and can be hard to hit the ball lightly with

Ptf sureshot

Pros-

A great base for all around play

Cons-

Not as many colours to choose from

Hope that helps. Also raptor bases available from little plastic men online are quite good but they are not being made anymore so you will be very limited with colour options. Always here to help :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, so ahead of Fridays tournament I decided to build another playing table. Using the baize pitch that came with my first set and a chipboard that I had acquired at that time I set about completing this project.

Step 1: Mounting the pitch

Using Micador spray adhesive I stuck down the pitch. You need to be careful with the spray glue as if it pools up then it makes a mark on the pitch. I used rulers to flatten out the surface and heavy books to complete the job.

Step 2:  Securing the pitch

Using Duct tape, secure the pitch to the board.

Step 3: Attaching the goals

Depending on what type of goals you have will determine how this cane be done. For this board I used Pegasus metal goals. I screwed in the goals and it worked a treat. If you are buying goals I strongly recommend purchasing ones with a metal bar at the back where the net does not go all the way down at the back. For these goals I trimmed the nets to make space for the goalkeeper and secured it with sticky tape.

Step 4: Putting up a surround for the pitch.

Ideally, you should make a wooden surround for the board but in this circumstance that was not a possibility. So I put up my subbuteo fence surround which can be secured with blue tack or double sided tape.

I am very happy with the final product, hopefully it holds up well at the tournament :).

post-544-0-83759300-1387932263_thumb.jpg

post-544-0-32260500-1387933141_thumb.jpg

Edited by True Until I die
  • Like 1

Has anyone bought from Ed's Subbuteo Team Shop on e-Bay? There are a few teams listed that I can't find anywhere else but he seems a bit pricey.

well he does sell those LW teams which can be collectable, but if you buy off him I suggest that you should get rid of those lightweight bases they come with and purchase iBase Storm or Raptor bases for them to be playable

Edited by Young Polak

I ordered a couple of Zeugo teams, Derby County and Hearts, as the players that came with the basic Subbuteo set seem to keep falling over and don't slide too well. Or perhaps it is the mat as it seems to be piling a little. Any tips/suggestions?

http://www.subbuteoworld.co.uk/subbuteo-teams/scottish-premier-league/hearts-1st-new-for-2012-made-by-zeugo-ref-257

http://www.subbuteoworld.co.uk/subbuteo-teams/championship/derby-county-1st-2010-new-zeugo-range-ref-192

Edited by Peter

the new subbuteo bases (ones that came with initial set) are designed to curl and don't really play very straight. as a result; they can be quite hard to play with and the fact that you are using a baize/cloth pitch foes not do them many favors easier.

I made the same mistake/ had the same problems. It is quite frustrating now as I have 4 of the subbuteo style teams which I never use!

You have made great strides by getting some zuego teams, did you get the ones with profibases or the rounded ones? (link me maybe)

I don't actually have any zuego teams but I have played with some and they are a very reliable base, particularly when polished (with a special cloth or with some mr sheen furniture polish).

As far as improvements go from where you are, I would say you have done awesome by mounting the pitch. In the long run you may want to look at some metal goals with a bar at the back and even an astropitch (which unfortunately can be very costly though).