Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

Ladbrokes offering $2 for Geelong to beat the Carlton midstrengths

I'm usually pretty suspicious of promo bets but this one is too good to pass up on. probably shitty $20 max betYea it was,

So I went;

$20 on Geelong @ $2

$10 on Carlton @ $4.33

$1 on draw @ $81

Not a huge return but its a free $9 so I'm not going to say no to it Do you actually need to cover the draw, I assumed the payout is just halved if there is a draw given there are ony 2 outcomes listed. Yes draw had to be covered. Bookmakers won't pay half on drawn games as your selection has not won the match. Understand where you are coming from though.

Betfair is different, as your betting against another punter you'll receive half the dividend. Honestly I wasn't convinced by this as the draw markjet would surely be getting more attention, couldn't find it at most bookies I looked, finally found it at sportsbet under the handicap market, makes sense having it there but I wasnt convinced it applied to h2h still. So I asked in live chat at Sportsbet, and they confirmed that the winnings are in fact halved, going to check at William Hill next and see what they say.

EDIT: confirmed at William Hill as well, dead heat rule applies.

Apologies, this has certainly changed then.

Great day yesterday, Boban the highlight.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladbrokes offering $2 for Geelong to beat the Carlton midstrengths

I'm usually pretty suspicious of promo bets but this one is too good to pass up on. probably shitty $20 max bet Yea it was,

So I went;

$20 on Geelong @ $2

$10 on Carlton @ $4.33

$1 on draw @ $81

Not a huge return but its a free $9 so I'm not going to say no to it Do you actually need to cover the draw, I assumed the payout is just halved if there is a draw given there are ony 2 outcomes listed. Yes draw had to be covered. Bookmakers won't pay half on drawn games as your selection has not won the match. Understand where you are coming from though.

Betfair is different, as your betting against another punter you'll receive half the dividend. Honestly I wasn't convinced by this as the draw markjet would surely be getting more attention, couldn't find it at most bookies I looked, finally found it at sportsbet under the handicap market, makes sense having it there but I wasnt convinced it applied to h2h still. So I asked in live chat at Sportsbet, and they confirmed that the winnings are in fact halved, going to check at William Hill next and see what they say.

EDIT: confirmed at William Hill as well, dead heat rule applies.

Apologies, this has certainly changed then.

Great day yesterday, Boban the highlight.

FFS I had a good day cos I was well down and got back a far bit in the Young Members Event... but I couldn't believe it when Boban got up I guess it shows the quality of the race cos I thought he was past it.

I thought only some old croats would still be backing Boban.. good pick up there.

Sportsbet offering cash back up to $100 if your selection losses by 8 points or less in the SOO on Wednesday Night.

Here are the margins and venues for the past 3 series;

Game 1 8-12 NSW win 4 point margin (Brisbane)

Game 2 6-4 NSW win 2 point margin (Sydney)

Game 3 32-8 QLD win 24 point margin (Brisbane)

Game 1 14-6 NSW win 8 point margin (Sydney)

Game 2 26-6 QLd win 20 point margin (Brisbane)

Game 3 10-12 QLD win 2 point margin (Sydney)

Game 1 10-18 QLD win 8 point margin (Melbourne)

Game 2 16-12 NSW win 4 point margin (Sydney)

Game 3 21-20 QLD win 1 point margin (Brisbane)

Only 2 of the past 9 games have been by a margin of more than 8 points and both of those games have been in Brisbane. Wednesday is being played in Sydney so probably not a bad offer.

• Like 1

Sportsbet offering cash back up to $100 if your selection losses by 8 points or less in the SOO on Wednesday Night.

Here are the margins and venues for the past 3 series;

Game 1 8-12 NSW win 4 point margin (Brisbane)

Game 2 6-4 NSW win 2 point margin (Sydney)

Game 3 32-8 QLD win 24 point margin (Brisbane)

Game 1 14-6 NSW win 8 point margin (Sydney)

Game 2 26-6 QLd win 20 point margin (Brisbane)

Game 3 10-12 QLD win 2 point margin (Sydney)

Game 1 10-18 QLD win 8 point margin (Melbourne)

Game 2 16-12 NSW win 4 point margin (Sydney)

Game 3 21-20 QLD win 1 point margin (Brisbane)

Only 2 of the past 9 games have been by a margin of more than 8 points and both of those games have been in Brisbane. Wednesday is being played in Sydney so probably not a bad offer.

Have had $100 on NSW @ $2.20

ladbrokes $3.20 for NSW, $50 max bet.

Jump on that, then throw $100 on QLD at $1.70 with William hill,

$10 profit if NSW lead the whole way, $20 if QLD win or $110 if QLD lead but NSW win..

Not bad I'd say, if you can be bothered.

$10 profit if NSW lead the whole way, $20 if QLD win or $110 if QLD lead but NSW win..

Hmm couldn't find $3.20 for NSW otherwise I would have jumped on.

Meanwhile Ladbrokes are offering $2 for Sydney against Carlton

Hmm couldn't find $3.20 for NSW otherwise I would have jumped on.

Meanwhile Ladbrokes are offering $2 for Sydney against Carlton

Might have all been taken.. Now just need a NSW win for a $110 profit, $20 if QLD get up so can't complain.

Yeah was all over that haha

So i was right about the 8 point margin, Not that I was up more than like $7 yesterday though.

Ladbrokes $2 friday night on Sydney is pretty much a free $20

Just stuck 20 on that.. No idea about AFL in general but is there any possibility of the new coach/sacked coach effect for Carlton?

So i was right about the 8 point margin, Not that I was up more than like $7 yesterday though.

Ladbrokes $2 friday night on Sydney is pretty much a free $20

Just stuck 20 on that.. No idea about AFL in general but is there any possibility of the new coach/sacked coach effect for Carlton?

Maybe to the point where they get within 60.. they've been absolutely pathetic and Sydney is in real good form. No Judd or Gibbs either..

$1.03 almost looks overs, let alone $2.

You guys are overthinking these $2 offers from Ladbrokes, there is no trick, that's why the limit is $20. Well, the trick is that they've obviously got the data to show that all you degenerate fucks are just going to take the $40 you end up with and gamble it all away anyway. Hence they profit.

• Like 1

I reckon this Sydney Carlton game is a classic case of a Line getting a bit ridiculous. Taking Carlton at the line in that game if I had to bet but I probably won't. Bringing this up because so many people have told me this week they're backing Sydney , one mate is loading up at -72.5 $2.50 which is just silly IMO, not even good value. I think a line of 50.5 is more reasonable

damn, some sweet offers by email tonight, but always last minute.

Got to remember to check them emails every Thursday evening (they always go to hte Promotions section in Gmail so I dont get a notification)

Usually Tom Waterhouse sends some greyhound offer, and/or centrebet as well, also got something from betfair tonight. I guess the thinking is to get people to deposit in on a thursday night and they wont withdraw it right away and gamble it all away on the weekend.

Edited by Tesla

fuck. did the first click to call bet bonus match shit at tom and only placed $25 instead of $50. Deposited $50 to do $50 but for some reason thought i was doing $25 when i went to palce it :droy:

Gay, miss out on an extra $25 bonus bet.

Edited by Tesla

Was waiting for the lineups for the fa cup to get on Giroud or Walcott for fist goalscorer. Got in before crownbet had time to change the odds, $25 on Walcott at $8, easy $200.

They'd dropped him to like 4.90 once they realised he was starting. Big difference between $4.90 and $8 lol

U20 World Cup, Germany to beat Fiji by 4 goals or more. Fiji only got a spot in the tournament because it is hosted in New Zealand hence Oceania get an extra spot. Their qualifying campaign was hardly impressive, drawing with Vanuatu and only winning the group by 2 points.

Compared with Germany who has most of the players who won the U19 Euros last year. A host of players playing Bundesliga & 2nd division. Should be an absolute smashing. Only bookie I can find with odds on margins is Crown Bet $1.96 -3. Will take.

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu